IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-17, 02:27 PM
sirgatti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New member here. I had the dash replaced on my '08 IS350 a few months ago, but they told me that they had no idea when the door panels would come in. I'm having the same issue as everyone else with them being incredibly soft and easy to gouge with your fingernails. The car is black on black with no tint, so it gets pretty damn hot inside.

Has anybody in SC (Charleston in particular) had theirs replaced yet? Lexus of Charleston seems to have no idea when they can expect the parts to come in.
Old 03-24-17, 05:52 AM
Gohanburne
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I came into the local Lexus dealership here back in like August of 2016 to see if I qualified for the recall. I was told that I was approved for my door panel only and then he took pictures. He then said that he'd put the order in and they would call me when the part(s) arrived. So, they arrived last week and I am sitting here right now in the dealership and they're telling me that it was never approved. I'm sure they will go ahead with the install anyway, but why call me to notify me that parts are available if it was never approved? That makes no sense. Also, I have a friend at a different Lexus dealership who was able to see notes regarding my car stating that they would not replace the dash because the damage was minimal. So that right there proves that SOMEONE at SOMETIME had looked at the car right? lol. I'm also getting the passenger side airbag recall.
Old 03-24-17, 10:57 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know when the TSB expires? I've been putting off going to the dealer but the dash seems to be getting softer and I'm getting a little tired of looking at all the dust stuck in it... haha
Old 03-27-17, 07:59 AM
suttles
Driver School Candidate

What if you dash is somewhat sticky, but is also cracked, does that merit the replacement. I have not read of them cracking, but mine is cracked in several places. Also, anyone know if there is expiration on the replacement of the dash and door panels.
Old 03-27-17, 08:04 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by suttles
What if you dash is somewhat sticky, but is also cracked, does that merit the replacement. I have not read of them cracking, but mine is cracked in several places.
The warranty enhancement specifically mentions coverage for cracks as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8843060
Old 03-27-17, 10:32 AM
suttles
Driver School Candidate

Just got off the phone with the Lexus Dealership, and they stated it was good I got onto the list, they indicated the deadline is the 20th of April, 2017 for getting them to honor the dash replacement. I am not sure how firm that is, as I have not heard or seen that date before, but if you are putting it off, I would recommend calling and getting an appointment.
Old 04-19-17, 06:20 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

I dropped my car at the dealer last Friday 4.14.17 for the airbag recall and some other recall for the fuel system and while there I had the service guy to take a look at the dash and door panels he first said that the recall for the dash was over so I said maybe I I should call corporate, I think that scared him a bit. He looked into it and the dash recall is still good until the last day of May 2017. He approved both the dash and door panels but said the wait is close to 6 months!

Anyways 2 days later after being on a loaner 2017 ES350 I picked up the car the dash and door panels are like brand new, not sure what the heck they use to remove the sticky crap off the dash but it also took all that glare off of it. I was shocked!

I am sure the sticky issue will come back so I am super happy Im on the list and Lexus will take care of it.

This was my recent experience and wanted to share it with you guys.........

For those with the stick dash issue time is running out!!! Go take your car to your nearest Lexus dealership now!
Old 04-19-17, 12:41 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^They replaced the ENTIRE dash; that's why it looks so good! You're lucky you had the door panels replaced; I've been waiting for over a year AFTER I've had the dash replaced.
Old 04-19-17, 01:08 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

Originally Posted by Gville350
^They replaced the ENTIRE dash; that's why it looks so good! You're lucky you had the door panels replaced; I've been waiting for over a year AFTER I've had the dash replaced.
Nope I have to wait 6 months for that....

UPDATE!
I looked at the paper work and you are absolutely right! The dash was indeed replaced! The door panels are the ones on back order for up to 6 months!

Wow what a great surprise.....

Happy camper!

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 04-26-17 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-12-17, 04:03 PM
JBLUR
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally got them replaced. Miami, FL
The following users liked this post:
Fizzboy7 (05-12-17)
Old 05-12-17, 05:31 PM
laovo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! What a difference
Old 05-15-17, 06:26 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got mine replaced last week. Took less than a month to get the parts and a day to put it in. Im happy now i can sell my car and not get harassed on price
Old 05-15-17, 10:10 AM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Got mine replaced last week. Took less than a month to get the parts and a day to put it in. Im happy now i can sell my car and not get harassed on price
Less than a month? da fuq? I've been waiting for 6 months now and I checked with the parts department two weeks ago and they still haven't gotten in the parts.
Old 05-16-17, 05:08 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Less than a month? dam, about 3 years waiting here.
Old 05-25-17, 01:33 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

I've been on the list for almost two years now; I thought I got in line when the TSB was first announced. My service manager did not put me on the list. But I called corporate last week to ask if I could get priority as I have a 2006. She said no and that they couldn't do anything but she called my dealership to inquire about it. She was told three months. Fast forward to yesterday, I received a call stating it was ready and I have an appointment on Tuesday to get it done. One day only and they will provide a loaner. I'm pretty stoked as you all know it's pretty horrendous looking.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!