IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-15, 09:50 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I really appreciate the updates!

Any one have update for Northern California? My 07 IS250, 1st sold 8/06, been outside all her life and dash is very much showing deterioration from the sun! sticky and brittle like, OMG

i so hate it! I can't believe it! I am on the urge to buy new one on Carson Lex for $400!

I lost my letter and called Lexus today, they say they will email it to me again in 3-5 days.

Last edited by istundra; 08-09-15 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-17-15, 09:32 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Just got my car back from Lexus of Stevens Creek for ELF recall and got my dash inspected.

Here what it said on my INVOICE-
"GUEST STATES DASH IS STICKY. CHECK AND REPORT.
VERIFIED DASH IS BRITTLE. NO REPAIRS CAN BE DONE AT THIS TIME."

My service Rep said this program just started now and they are allowed to do ONE per week. There are no parts now he said and put me on the waiting list. I went past 6PM to pick up my car; so i couldn't ask him personally. I also did inquire my 2004 RX330 that is ZLD recall and he said that car qualifies too. i just need to bring it in for inspection.

so now my 2IS is on the list at Stevens Creek Lexus.

now i need to follow-up to know which # i am. Hopefully still in single digits!
Old 08-18-15, 12:39 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Hopefully by Christmas I'll have a new dash and new door panels.
Old 08-19-15, 04:59 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Hopefully by Christmas I'll have a new dash and new door panels.
Yea that would be a sweet Christmas gift for all of us
Old 08-21-15, 07:32 AM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any reason 08 IS-F were overlooked? Was this accidental, or did they not sell enough to have enough reported? I have the same issues as everyone else....
Old 08-21-15, 07:45 AM
jstites
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A1cntrler
Post number 208 in this thread has the latest timeline in written form from Lexus, but since people don't like going back and reading I'll put it here again.. After they finish the ES, they will be doing the RX and GX. After they do those the IS and LS get the dashes.

Clearly this timeline is no longer applicable, I was put on yet another list and told MAYBE winter.
Old 08-22-15, 02:50 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Was wiping my dash down today and noticed a collection of lint in the center, top area. Touched it and it was soft and sticky! Now I am laughing at all the times I looked at this post and thought how lucky I was it escaped me! Only took seven years to surface! I tore up my letter several months ago, which is when I got it. Now going to call for an appointment. Expecting to hear a delay...
Old 08-22-15, 05:19 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra
Just got my car back from Lexus of Stevens Creek for ELF recall and got my dash inspected.

My service Rep said this program just started now and they are allowed to do ONE per week. There are no parts now he said and put me on the waiting list. I went past 6PM to pick up my car; so i couldn't ask him personally. I also did inquire my 2004 RX330 that is ZLD recall and he said that car qualifies too. i just need to bring it in for inspection.

I'm not taking mine into Stevens Creek because I don't trust them with my car. It will be months and months til they get the ball rolling. There are thousands of cars these dealers must replace so they're in no hurry. I'm in no rush, had this sticky crap on here and one day it'll be replaced
Old 08-22-15, 10:01 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by istundra

How bad is your dash? I have a 2008 IS350 and I live in Norcal and mine is very minor. I'm wondering if they will replace mine.
Old 08-22-15, 10:16 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smokyis350
How bad is your dash? I have a 2008 IS350 and I live in Norcal and mine is very minor. I'm wondering if they will replace mine.
it is missing chunks around the edge of the dash like around the Vent & Radio. Also sticky dash where lint seem to be embedded in there. When i wipe my dash, my towel kinda sticks to it like the dash has glue on it.

my 2IS is outside almost every day of the year. So it is pretty clear heat & humidity contribute to the dash deteriorating. Mine is a 07 and first in service in 08/06. it is 9 years old now!
Old 08-22-15, 01:22 PM
istundra
Pole Position

although my IS is 9 years old, i want to add that my 3ES, 2GS bought from 07/2003, and 07/2004 Tundra, the dash is nothing like this!

This is my first with this kind of weird material dash. like it is kinda foamy, mushy, sticky, and brittle.

I am in the market for the 4RX and i really hope i don't experience something like this ever again!
Old 08-24-15, 11:34 AM
penone
Driver

So noticed for the first time today the brittle dash right above my vents. Just lightly brushed it with my fingers and a tiny piece came off - not more than 1/4 inch wide.

Question - is this "warranty" transferable to another buyer? I am looking to trade / sell my car but am afraid with this issue it will bring down the value considerably. It is not that noticeable but you can still tell.
Old 08-24-15, 11:54 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

does anyone know if a toyota dealership can do the dash fix or is it strictly lexus dealerships?
Old 09-06-15, 02:43 PM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

Still waiting for word in California......
Old 09-07-15, 07:00 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a big job to replace the dash. I wonder how its going to look after all said and done.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!