IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 09:20 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Before going in for the dash/door panel recall, everyone needs to examine their rear door panels for cracking near the small rear stationary window. I have about a 2" spider-web like crack going on right now, and earlier in the year it wasn't there. Just wanna make sure you're a savvy customer and point out the defects to them before Lexus over-looks it because you didn't point it out.
Good call bro! I'll prob do mine next month when she is sitting for a couple of months
Old 07-16-15, 04:07 PM
nielsio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for any of you located outside of the US like me and unable to drive your car to there, you are pretty much **** outta luck. I really think this is major BS since we do purchase the vehicles via the local authorised dealer but won't get this part fixed. Very messed up!!

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. We are dedicated to providing superior service.

I apologize, Niels, if your vehicle is operated outside of the continental United States, we are unable to assist you with a resolution. We are the warrantor and distributor of the Lexus product maintained and operated within the United States. Therefore you need to contact a distributor within your country for assistance. You may locate the distributor for your country by clicking here. If the country you reside in is not listed, we do not have any additional information for you at this time.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

David Rosen
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 07-27-15, 08:58 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Has anyone actually gotten the panels fixed yet? It seems like every time I call lexus they give me bs or tell me the parts didn't come in yet... first they said May... then June... now they're saying August... I don't get why it's taking so long.
Old 07-27-15, 07:45 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexiaMom
Has anyone actually gotten the panels fixed yet? It seems like every time I call lexus they give me bs or tell me the parts didn't come in yet... first they said May... then June... now they're saying August... I don't get why it's taking so long.
Because it isn't just an IS problem. Whoever is making the dash for Toyota has a lot of other models to get through as well. Post #208 in this thread contains a letter I scanned outlining the replacement schedule for each model. Reports are that each dealer can order a maximum of 3 pcs each week to complete the work that needs to be done.
Old 07-27-15, 09:16 PM
jjc250
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I"m going to a Lexus dealership on Wednesday, I'm afraid they will refuse to replace the dash because I have done some damage to it. But the front dash is definitely melting and feeling super sticky.

How should I go about requesting them to replace it? I don't want to sound weak and have them turn me away
Old 07-27-15, 10:22 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Is anyone actually getting their door panels replaced?
Old 07-28-15, 05:24 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Originally Posted by A1cntrler
Because it isn't just an IS problem. Whoever is making the dash for Toyota has a lot of other models to get through as well. Post #208 in this thread contains a letter I scanned outlining the replacement schedule for each model. Reports are that each dealer can order a maximum of 3 pcs each week to complete the work that needs to be done.
Thanks ... makes sense... I guess my thing was I wish they were more organized on the information about it... because at one point every dealership had a different story or every individual for that matter because I was getting three different stories from three different employees at one dealership at one point...

nonetheless all the dealerships seem to be saying August as of now... so I'm hoping all works out for August.
Old 07-28-15, 06:58 PM
Toretto
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc250
I"m going to a Lexus dealership on Wednesday, I'm afraid they will refuse to replace the dash because I have done some damage to it. But the front dash is definitely melting and feeling super sticky.

How should I go about requesting them to replace it? I don't want to sound weak and have them turn me away
From my understanding, whatever damage you did wouldn't cause the melting dash. Two separate events so, I would think common sense should dictate the dealership still fixing the melting. Even if your dash didn't have whatever damage you did, it would still be melting.

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Is anyone actually getting their door panels replaced?
A rep at Sewell casually told me that the doors would be replaced if they were melting. I'm going to show the dealership that the doors are brittle as Hell and easily disintegrate. I think that's part of the issue as well.

-Alex
Old 07-28-15, 07:46 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on the list now for a new dash. See how long it takes to get the parts in. Seems to be getting really bad this summer for me.
Old 07-29-15, 12:58 PM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Toretto
From my understanding, whatever damage you did wouldn't cause the melting dash. Two separate events so, I would think common sense should dictate the dealership still fixing the melting. Even if your dash didn't have whatever damage you did, it would still be melting.

A rep at Sewell casually told me that the doors would be replaced if they were melting. I'm going to show the dealership that the doors are brittle as Hell and easily disintegrate. I think that's part of the issue as well.

-Alex
To be honest I don't even think the dealerships will make a big deal about what type of damage you have... I think they'll just fix it ..
Old 07-29-15, 04:21 PM
jjc250
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with Lexus and the person told me that Lexus haven't released the warranty for the IS yet. She said right now Lexus is working on ES and then IS comes after that, which will be around late August ~ September. She said once Lexus released the information, the dealerships can then file claims so that the owners can then get their replacement dash boards.

What she said in the phone:
" At this time with that warranty extension, Lexus has not release it for the IS. So it is something that we are just waiting for them to release that warranty extension so that we can get the issue documented, get a claim started and get all that taken care of". " They are currently working on the ES vehicles and not the IS vehicles"

Thoughts?
Old 07-29-15, 07:51 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got off the phone with Lexus and the person told me that Lexus haven't released the warranty for the IS yet. She said right now Lexus is working on ES and then IS comes after that, which will be around late August ~ September. She said once Lexus released the information, the dealerships can then file claims so that the owners can then get their replacement dash boards.

" At this time with that warranty extension, Lexus has not release it for the IS. So it is something that we are just waiting for them to release that warranty extension so that we can get the issue documented, get a claim started and get all that taken care of". " They are currently working on the ES vehicles and not the IS vehicles"

Thoughts?
Post number 208 in this thread has the latest timeline in written form from Lexus, but since people don't like going back and reading I'll put it here again.. After they finish the ES, they will be doing the RX and GX. After they do those the IS and LS get the dashes.

Last edited by A1cntrler; 07-31-15 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-03-15, 03:40 PM
sethlamb
Driver School Candidate

Spoke with Lexus directly today. They assured me the IS's were getting taken care of this fall and into the winter.
Old 08-04-15, 05:27 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Thoughts?
That makes a little sense... apparently they always have to bill someone to get things done. My dealership put me on a waiting list. Apparently a lot of people are waiting to get their cars done... I just hope I'm close to the top of that list
Old 08-08-15, 08:11 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Spoke to the dealer last Wed. I had set up an apt in June as it was forecasted the parts to be in this month. The rep told me the parts are delayed once again, now it's middle to late Sep for availability. He told me to call him the first week of Oct. he did mention that they are working on the ES' now. And that the IS is next.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!