IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ha! Found my prev 350 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 04:21 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ha! Found my prev 350 for sale

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Last edited by kinglexus99; 03-13-22 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-01-14, 04:34 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

WOW!!!!!!! Great mileage though.
Old 12-01-14, 04:42 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

a paint gauge always comes in handy when purchasing a pre-owned. its also not uncommon for brand new cars to be re-sprayed after sustaining damage during shipment from terminal to terminal. I work at an acura dealership and see it once in a while
Old 12-01-14, 04:52 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hah! You think thats bad? My car was sold to me CPO previously crashed and repaired in the rear (never disclosed). Then they completely ***ked up the exterior of the car with the 3rd rate body shop they used... their "detailers" burnt paint on multiple panels and used wheel detailer which ate through the clear coat.

Wheels were resprayed and they didnt bother to tape off any of the brake components. Multiple panels were resprayed multiple times and on the last attempt they said **ck It and didnt even bother covering the car other than 1 strip of painters tape. This led to overspray everywhere! It got bought back from the dealer and they're listing it for a minor loss rather than the huge loss they wouldve eaten had I gone through with my lawsuit which was a sure win after all the complaints I filed in a 10 month period.
Worst part? The 3rd rate dealer body shop also did the valve spring recall and must have ***ked that up too. I had a large amount of metal shavings in the oil changes after. The nav is also going to need to be replaced eventually due to the volume **** randomly not working. Had the car for ~10k miles and 1 year.

Luckily all the above damage is listed on the drivers.lexus.com website due to it being the dealership messing up so if you run the vin you'll see it. Hopefully no one on this board buys that car.

Ive since bought a mint 90k mile 300zx TT and will be listing all the parts for my IS show car build which was put on hold due to above circumstances.
Old 12-02-14, 09:05 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xanderES
Hah! You think thats bad? My car was sold to me CPO previously crashed and repaired in the rear (never disclosed). Then they completely ***ked up the exterior of the car with the 3rd rate body shop they used... their "detailers" burnt paint on multiple panels and used wheel detailer which ate through the clear coat.

Wheels were resprayed and they didnt bother to tape off any of the brake components. Multiple panels were resprayed multiple times and on the last attempt they said **ck It and didnt even bother covering the car other than 1 strip of painters tape. This led to overspray everywhere! It got bought back from the dealer and they're listing it for a minor loss rather than the huge loss they wouldve eaten had I gone through with my lawsuit which was a sure win after all the complaints I filed in a 10 month period.
Worst part? The 3rd rate dealer body shop also did the valve spring recall and must have ***ked that up too. I had a large amount of metal shavings in the oil changes after. The nav is also going to need to be replaced eventually due to the volume **** randomly not working. Had the car for ~10k miles and 1 year.

Luckily all the above damage is listed on the drivers.lexus.com website due to it being the dealership messing up so if you run the vin you'll see it. Hopefully no one on this board buys that car.

Ive since bought a mint 90k mile 300zx TT and will be listing all the parts for my IS show car build which was put on hold due to above circumstances.
Yikes! You def take the cake, lol. My accident wasn't that bad and I took the car to a pretty reputable auto body place. It's just amusing to me to see how much the dealer is asking for it when that was such a "big" issue to them when considering it as a trade.