IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Modded Gen2 IS is better looking than Modded Gen3 IS

Old 09-11-15, 07:46 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
Naw you right brah but from what I've seen isn't too impressive but just my observation so far. I'm sure theres a lot more out there not on here like youve said. I have however been impressed with the mods done at the 2gens. Sema is a separate type of show. I know this cause my coworker has a decked out mustang and lifted 4x4 both showing at sema, Vegas. Them rydes are no joke but what do you expect when you really pay nothin cause its sponsored.
I wouldn't say people pay nothing, sure there are a lot of kids sponsored by parents or perhaps guys that work for a few wheel companies get a set of wheels to advertise for them, but as far as the big builds on this forum I know a lot of those guys personally and I assure you their mods are not free. Some things they can get at cost or at a decent discount but rarely do any legit companies give anything out for free nowadays especially to IS's . if they're gonna give free products away they'll give them to higher end / rare cars. IS's have become so affordable now especially ours, that they're everywhere and most of them have the same mods. That part holds very true with 3IS's though. Especially if you're in Miami, you're on RSR's & Vossens with the all fit lip kit
Old 09-11-15, 09:04 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
I wouldn't say people pay nothing, sure there are a lot of kids sponsored by parents or perhaps guys that work for a few wheel companies get a set of wheels to advertise for them, but as far as the big builds on this forum I know a lot of those guys personally and I assure you their mods are not free. Some things they can get at cost or at a decent discount but rarely do any legit companies give anything out for free nowadays especially to IS's . if they're gonna give free products away they'll give them to higher end / rare cars. IS's have become so affordable now especially ours, that they're everywhere and most of them have the same mods. That part holds very true with 3IS's though. Especially if you're in Miami, you're on RSR's & Vossens with the all fit lip kit
At least the guys I know dont pay for tires/wheels/bags you name it. It's all sponsored by the company. My coworker couldn't afford 2 super chargers ranging 6k-10k ea. Lol. His wife would whoop his **** if he did that. Never the less there may be guys dishing out their own monies and I give props to them. Keep up the good work 2gens
Old 09-11-15, 09:24 PM
pandes
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum is real.
Old 09-11-15, 10:07 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
At least the guys I know dont pay for tires/wheels/bags you name it. It's all sponsored by the company. My coworker couldn't afford 2 super chargers ranging 6k-10k ea. Lol. His wife would whoop his **** if he did that. Never the less there may be guys dishing out their own monies and I give props to them. Keep up the good work 2gens
Man must be nice. Tell them to send those sponsors my way. Well not the super chargers but I could use some bags a extra set of wheels and custom interior lol
Old 09-11-15, 11:54 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll let you guys be the judge

Name:  DSC00910.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  396.8 KB
Old 09-12-15, 10:53 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kentaro
I'll let you guys be the judge

Wish Roshiro could drop his ride more. Both cars looks great.
Old 09-13-15, 10:51 PM
Areli87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keo
Wish Roshiro could drop his ride more. Both cars looks great.
Both are amazing, but IMO I think the 2gen IS has the sexiest body lines of any car around. I could just be bias cause I have one lol
Old 09-14-15, 12:02 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Man must be nice. Tell them to send those sponsors my way. Well not the super chargers but I could use some bags a extra set of wheels and custom interior lol
Btw this is one of his Sema vehicles. He spends years completing his ryde and must advertise it so companies know it's an investment . Since that show bag,18" lift ect. He just sold this truck for dirt cheap which I knew I shoulda bought it.