IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Autopilot V2 VS Accuair E-Level? Reliability, driving low. Air sus experts, click!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 12:05 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Autopilot V2 VS Accuair E-Level? Reliability, driving low. Air sus experts, click!

So I've been thinking really hard about these two managements. From what I've heard, it's better to be on a pressure based management if I want to drive super low while on bags. Anyone agree? I've already heard SO many electronical issues with Accuair, from shorted ECU's to it not adjusting to the right height. So people say that Accuair isn't good for daily-ing but is it just an installation error? Let's compare as if money wasn't the issue. I want to be able to do road trips without worrying but I also don't want to run the reliable manual switches either. Obviously e-level would be more accurate since its using height sensors but a lot of people choose Accuair for its hard line set up as well. Take that out of the picture bc in not doing no trunk set up
Old 11-18-14, 02:32 AM
redsun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been on autopilot for about 6months now with no problems. So far from my experience with it I would say you may want to go with e-level to drive low. Based on how much weight you have in the car or what bag pressure you changed from the height can vary with autopilot. For example going from 55lbs to 65lbs will be lower than going from 75lbs to 65lbs.
As far as taking long road trips ive made several 6 hour plus drives with zero problems.

E-level claims to be able to hit within 1/8" if that is accurate or not i dont know.
Old 11-18-14, 04:20 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Accuair >> all. True height based system >>> pressure based.
Old 11-18-14, 10:40 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redsun
Ive been on autopilot for about 6months now with no problems. So far from my experience with it I would say you may want to go with e-level to drive low. Based on how much weight you have in the car or what bag pressure you changed from the height can vary with autopilot. For example going from 55lbs to 65lbs will be lower than going from 75lbs to 65lbs.
As far as taking long road trips ive made several 6 hour plus drives with zero problems.

E-level claims to be able to hit within 1/8" if that is accurate or not i dont know.
Yeah I've also heard how inaccurate auto pilot can be but that could mean a messed up fender if you happen to drive low