IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 02:52 PM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Navigation

Are there any options for adding aftermarket navigation and backup camera to a non navigations 2011 is250. I have been researching on the Flyaudio kits, but after seen mixed reviews.
Old 10-29-14, 03:16 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This should give you the info you need:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tant-info.html

Is it perfect, no. Is it better than no navi, definitely yes. Is it worth the $600-700, definitely.

You don't want a Flyaudio unit, they are the first gen units. The second gen units are from Roadrover (probably the Flyaudio ones too but rebranded) and they will work perfect for your car.
Old 10-29-14, 04:07 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of the road rover kits are plug and play so it is about an hour install depending on how good you are about uninstalling your center console. Obviously backup camera is going to take more time to run the camera and cables through the car. I opted not to do rear back up camera
Old 10-29-14, 04:26 PM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

Does this road rover kit have better reliability than the Flyaudio version. Anyone have a link with some review of it, I can't seem to find any.
Old 10-29-14, 04:39 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Reliability has been good for me and I haven't heard of too many other issues. Quality is also really good.

The only thing really lacking is the software is a bit outdated and could have more modern features and touches.

I also have a dash cam hooked up to the unit.

And I would recommend hooking up the backup camera, it is absolutely worth it. It's one of those features that you don't realize how much you need it until you have it.
Old 10-29-14, 05:53 PM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

Do you have any recommended websites to order the unit from. I have found a few on the alibaba website but no idea if its the road rover version
Old 10-29-14, 09:18 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

If it looks like it, it is. No one else makes the unit.

I would go with aliexpress. May cost slightly more, but safer and easier.
Old 10-30-14, 09:13 AM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

I read somewhere that the brightness adjusts when changing the climate, was wondering if this was fixed? Also I know that the unit doesn't have bluetooth audio streaming so when connecting a adapter to stream music would I still be able to answer calls or is it just one or the other?
Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-30-14, 11:17 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtismt19
I read somewhere that the brightness adjusts when changing the climate, was wondering if this was fixed? Also I know that the unit doesn't have bluetooth audio streaming so when connecting a adapter to stream music would I still be able to answer calls or is it just one or the other?
Thanks for all your help.
The screen gets brighter for like 3-4 seconds when u change climate, but dims back down afterwards. Not a big deal IMO.

Bluetooth audio is included in mine (the v2 of the aliexpress/alibaba unit) through a2dp streaming.

Most questions have been answered in the main thread, it will be worth it to skim through it to know what you're getting and how to best install.
Old 10-31-14, 01:41 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this road rover kit have better reliability than the Flyaudio version. Anyone have a link with some review of it, I can't seem to find any.
Roadroaver is the name the manufacturer gives it. They have a road rover NAV kit for several different car makes and models. Flyaudio was just a vendor that sold the roadrover kits at a HUGE mark up. I think they have it for sale for about $2,000 when I purchased mine directly from the company on alibaba for $600. Flyaudio IS the roadroaver. They have 2 versions, the 7" for ISx50 2006-2008 then 8" for isx50 2009-2014 model. They are interchangeable and will work on either version, just the vents on the car are different.

Do you have any recommended websites to order the unit from. I have found a few on the alibaba website but no idea if its the road rover version
Alibaba is the best place you can buy them. The check out process is a bit fishy and makes most people feel uncomfortable but I sent money through paypal and it is legit. Got it with in a few days of ordering and I've never had any issues
Old 10-31-14, 02:59 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pmanliu
The screen gets brighter for like 3-4 seconds when u change climate, but dims back down afterwards. Not a big deal IMO.

Bluetooth audio is included in mine (the v2 of the aliexpress/alibaba unit) through a2dp streaming.

Most questions have been answered in the main thread, it will be worth it to skim through it to know what you're getting and how to best install.
Your brightness goes back? Mine doesn't.

If my headlights are on, my screen is dim. If I increase the temperature, the screen goes really bright, if I then press temp down, it goes only a bit brighter than the dim setting. If I turn my lights off and back on, it goes back to dim.

So I usually just go a half degree higher than I want, then go back a degree and it is good enough.
Old 11-01-14, 03:15 PM
QuocTran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Roadroaver is the name the manufacturer gives it. They have a road rover NAV kit for several different car makes and models. Flyaudio was just a vendor that sold the roadrover kits at a HUGE mark up. I think they have it for sale for about $2,000 when I purchased mine directly from the company on alibaba for $600. Flyaudio IS the roadroaver. They have 2 versions, the 7" for ISx50 2006-2008 then 8" for isx50 2009-2014 model. They are interchangeable and will work on either version, just the vents on the car are different.

Alibaba is the best place you can buy them. The check out process is a bit fishy and makes most people feel uncomfortable but I sent money through paypal and it is legit. Got it with in a few days of ordering and I've never had any issues
Seems like everyone on Alibaba and Aliexpress are not selling roadrovers anymore. They all say the manufacturer has stopped producing them. I'm kind of opposed to getting a flyaudio and would much rather get the roadrover... Anyone selling one?
Old 11-03-14, 06:32 PM
DeanIS
Rookie

same here. the roadrover unit is NO longer available. They now ONLY selling the Flyaudio units. $800 plus shipping.😁
Old 11-04-14, 09:26 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Navig...806884946.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Da...135977720.html
Old 11-05-14, 05:48 PM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

I have talked with both of those sellers and they said the unit is not longer manufactured.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Navigation