IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No Powersteering, Power windows. ABS, P/S, Brake, AFS OFF lights ON! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-14, 07:55 AM
BatmanKaos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Powersteering, Power windows. ABS, P/S, Brake, AFS OFF lights ON! Help!

I recently bought some 10K, LED Headlights and installed the motor from Stock headlights in order to move bulbs up and down.
AFS OFF starting flashing so I read a thread saying to disconnect the smaller connector to the blue box behind floor mat on the driver's side. Then when I saw the AFS OFF light missing I was happy, just find out my steering is sooo stiff, no power windows, dash showed parking brake, ABS, P/S, the picture of a person and airbag lights on. Don't know what to do. I checked all the fuses. I tried reconnecting that connector and disconnected battery in order to reset everything but still, all same problems. I also think my A/C isn't working. Has anyone had this problem before? I'll take pictures soon.
Old 10-20-14, 09:06 PM
BatmanKaos
Driver School Candidate

I bought the manual and reviewed the fuse setup on passenger side. The fuses were all mixed up.

Fuses 1,7 and 12 are closest to the passenger seat. Fuses 6, 11 and 17 are towards the front of the car.
Old 10-21-14, 01:16 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

So after you re-arranged the fuses did that help anything?
Old 10-21-14, 11:02 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BatmanKaos
I recently bought some 10K, LED Headlights and installed the motor from Stock headlights in order to move bulbs up and down.
Wait so you installed the motors from your old headlight casing into your new Lexus oem casing? Does your projectors move up down and left right?
Old 10-25-14, 10:29 AM
BatmanKaos
Driver School Candidate

Default Fixed.

After rearranging the fuses everything was good.
And yes I put the motors from the OEM headlights to my new ones and it moves up and down, not left and right. Which doesn't bother me much and the AFS OFF light is off so that's a plus.
Old 06-24-18, 11:28 AM
Kimanie
Driver School Candidate

Default fuses are in the right spot

[QUOTE=BatmanKaos;8762650]After rearranging the fuses everything was good.
And yes I put the motors from the OEM headlights to my new ones and it moves up and down, not left and right. Which doesn't bother me much and the AFS OFF light is off so that'h
Having that same problem. Checked the fuses they are all in the right spot on both sides driver and passenger
Old 06-30-18, 07:51 PM
busynurse
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When my naviagation system went blank the dealership checked my fuses and stated they were all ok and working. After reading this I went and look under my hood and took the lid off that fuse box and noticed like a 20A is where it says 15A There all mixed up. Does this matter. Again I'm female and only learning what I learn on here. Thanks
Old 07-03-18, 11:06 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by busynurse
When my naviagation system went blank the dealership checked my fuses and stated they were all ok and working. After reading this I went and look under my hood and took the lid off that fuse box and noticed like a 20A is where it says 15A There all mixed up. Does this matter. Again I'm female and only learning what I learn on here. Thanks
Ok...maybe; but it's not spec'd for those amperages. Unfortunately what happens with people/shops that cannot figure out electrical issues is that they put in higher amperage fuses, as to allow a higher "draw" or "pull" of electricity in order for that circuit/fuse not to pop. It might be covering up a larger issue that is being hid at the moment in order to sell a car or a temp fix. In worst case scenarios, too high of an amperage in a circuit that does happen to have a failure could cause catastrophic electrical failure and could possibly burn down the circuit and the car.