IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Safety Recall ELF (E2F) - Preliminary Notice - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-16, 02:39 PM
jwgIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huyz13
noticed that a remedy is available for the recall when I checked "My Lexus". Has anyone taken their car in for this recall yet? How long does it take?

I bought my car used from a private seller and have never been to a dealer. Always have brought it to my trusted mechanic. Hesitant to bring it in for this recall. Scared they might find something else wrong or make something else worse.
I bought mine used from an Audi/Porsche dealership but I take it to Lexus dealership for service. They've been pretty fair with me for the most part. I appreciate that they're proactive in discussing any recall or service bulletin repairs updates any time I've brought it in. You can always decline service. I'm currently getting this recall repaired as we speak. Only unfortunate experience is getting an ES350 as a loaner. Feels like I'm driving a boat.
Old 08-12-16, 01:35 AM
vegas2is
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! lexus 2011 is350 fuel pump failure per lexus of las vegas

Ok I only had this car abt two years and was not aware of any recalls until my car broke about pver a week now. This is what happened.. I was sitting in a traffic light, then when turns green it accelerated normally until it reached 20mph the car wont pull anymore. Also engine light turned on and will not go over 2000rpm pulled to the side of the road turned the car off and made a quick check on the car if there is anything visibly wrong and there is none, ao i start and same thing happened its starts perfect put it on drive accelerated until it reached 20 mph it will not go any further than 25mph and will not change gear unless u let gp of the gas and press again but wont rev more than 2000rpm. so i drove 8miles of humiliation to the dealership doing 25mph . explained what happened and they took the car, not beig called back until the next day and said its the fiel pump and it will cost me $2,098 exluding labor to get it fixed is where i was in shock for car runs perfectly fone until a sudden problem. Then i found this thread and made sure mycar fit the description. Service guy named Justin was very rude when I started tellig him there was a recall, rejecting everythig I say. even by telling me elf was already been done to my car so I was like, when was that for I owned the car since 14' and elf recall was just released last year? then he said oh yah it was the wiper blades . I really felt he was just trying to avoid having lexus pay for this damages i even brought recall paperworks and everything he seem frustrated but whatlese can I do if he says no so I took the car home and since then its just sitting there and I will finally get a chance to get a legal advice tomorrow but hoping to find a more convinient solution or on however im suppose to face the rejection of my cars recall. all this time i thought the gas smell is just normal since this is the fastest car I had so far... now im stuck with this problem I will never buy or do business with lexus of las vegas, thats why im willing to put money for a lawyer rather than getting this fixed. thanks for any suggestions in advance

my car is 2011 is350
just turned 70kmiles
Old 08-12-16, 07:20 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Sounds like you might want to call up Lexus Corp and them what's going on.
Old 08-15-16, 10:22 PM
Alpinam3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine done a month ago.
Old 08-16-16, 06:50 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by vegas2is
so i drove to the dealership and [they] said its the fuel pump. when I started telling service guy named Justin there was a recall, rejecting everything I say.

Originally Posted by huyz13
Safety Recalls:
Title: Safety Recall ELF (E2F) - Preliminary Notice - Various Models - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

Status - Remedy Not Available

Description - In the subject vehicles, the sealing property of the gasket seated in between the pressure sensor and the fuel delivery pipe could become degraded.

Remedy - Lexus is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. Once preparations are complete, Lexus will send an owner notification letter by first class mail to owners of vehicles covered by this Safety Recall

Recall Date - October 15, 2014
Dealer Reference ID - E2F
NHTSA Recall ID - AWAITING#
You are mistaken. There is no recall on the fuel pump. The recall is for a gasket that seals a pressure sensor that is not part of the actual fuel pump.