IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possible ECU Remapping for IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-14, 02:49 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still holding on to a tiny bit of hope that it works on 350's.
Old 12-09-14, 07:00 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Would it be much trouble for you to record some video of your IS350's instrument panel so we can do a collective analysis on how your tachometer/speedometer is behaving when going WOT from a dig and/or a roll? Do you notice the car reaching redline much sooner than before with this mod? Any additional visual evidence (besides the dyno sheet you provided) to support the differences you've noticed while driving would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have a video of the before and after dyno session.

The stock runs just basically showed my car on the dyno with the screen being in the distance, as it was a safety issue for me to be next to the vehicle during the runs they said.

The after video isn't all that great either, but I was next to the vehicle this time and was able to record the dyno screen as it was going through it's runs. (I wish I had thought it through more before I arrived at the session lol)

As for reaching redline much quicker, that definitely seems to be the case. The shifts occurs pretty quickly too while in auto mode (that might be in my head though). Have more than 200 miles on this so far - I can't recall what my odometer is at right now, might be even closer to 300, but so far things appear to be holding up.

But I need to stop getting people's hopes up before my final dyno session lol - I don't want to create too much hype and then find the PCM relearned itself. So I will try to stop commenting on "feels".

I can try to get a video from a dig - but I can't promise anything as it could be pretty hard doing that by myself. (Sport Manual, and just WOT? - Letting the Tranny Shift itself?)

Originally Posted by xhackr
Look at the difference between your response and LexSense’s…. there are a few things that can be learned there.

If you're new to online forums, relax and go slow... you’ll likely find it easier.
Thanks for the recognition

Originally Posted by scott1256c
Not sure what "several" means to you, nor do I know what you consider "GOOD"
I don't follow all threads and very few forums so I'm only aware of 2 users on this site with documented gains. Are there others? One of the ones I'm talking about is LexSense, who hasn't run the car yet for many miles, so jury is still out on his results (IMO), the other user is foxhole, who got his dyno'd @ vivid, and in was run in 3rd gear. I don't quite know what to make of those last results. If there are other 350 owners who have dyno results maybe you can point me to their posts please?
Thx
I'm already driving pretty crazy miles in a day to rack up mileage now lol, but hopefully after 2 weeks I can go in for another dyno session - that way we'll know for sure if things holds up. I'll pencil in a 12/19/14 final dyno session run (as I'll need some days left to contact Vivid and return this thing if it all goes flop)
Old 12-09-14, 07:25 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
I have a video of the before and after dyno session.

The stock runs just basically showed my car on the dyno with the screen being in the distance, as it was a safety issue for me to be next to the vehicle during the runs they said.

The after video isn't all that great either, but I was next to the vehicle this time and was able to record the dyno screen as it was going through it's runs. (I wish I had thought it through more before I arrived at the session lol)

As for reaching redline much quicker, that definitely seems to be the case. The shifts occurs pretty quickly too while in auto mode (that might be in my head though). Have more than 200 miles on this so far - I can't recall what my odometer is at right now, might be even closer to 300, but so far things appear to be holding up.

But I need to stop getting people's hopes up before my final dyno session lol - I don't want to create too much hype and then find the PCM relearned itself. So I will try to stop commenting on "feels".

I can try to get a video from a dig - but I can't promise anything as it could be pretty hard doing that by myself. (Sport Manual, and just WOT? - Letting the Tranny Shift itself?)

Thanks for the recognition

I'm already driving pretty crazy miles in a day to rack up mileage now lol, but hopefully after 2 weeks I can go in for another dyno session - that way we'll know for sure if things holds up. I'll pencil in a 12/19/14 final dyno session run (as I'll need some days left to contact Vivid and return this thing if it all goes flop)
Video Record the dyno for us
Old 12-16-14, 02:28 PM
lexus316
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting for final dyno session lexsense
Any update?
Old 12-16-14, 05:42 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Gonna see if I can schedule the dyno runs this Friday (12/19/14) - will have to see if there are any time slots available.

As it is, I'm approaching 700 miles, and will probably have close to 800 miles by the time I get in. So far, everything appears to be holding up.

Stay tuned

There's also someone on the 4GS that has a thread going on as well - so check it out when you get the chance:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-fourth-generation/766728-vivid-racing-review.html
Old 12-19-14, 02:26 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Sorry guys it was a rainy day today. The guys at the dyno shop called me in advance and told me that I will need to reschedule.

So I'll try again on Monday 12/22/14

On the bright side, I could drive more miles now XD
Old 12-19-14, 07:22 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Thanks for the update
Old 12-22-14, 04:08 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

So I went in for the dyno today. The place was pretty busy, so the session was pretty rushed.

After 808 miles driving with the flash:
Long story short, best run yielded peak results of 302 HP, 269 TQ.

This was a loss of about 10 HP, but TQ stayed the same.

I'm trying to figure out the difference in HP numbers, as the day was cooler today and humidity should be lower as well. Difference today was that they didn't put the large fan in front blowing into the front grille, and I was in the back seat trying to record a video.

Could weight (me being in the back seat) have made a difference in numbers? I know the absent fan probably played a part. Is it also possible that the person didn't step on the gas pedal completely to the floor - being that there's an extra level of pressure near the end needed to fully achieve WOT?

Just to my luck as well, the printer ran out of ink, so I couldn't get the graphs up today. I'll contact them later to see if I could get it e-mailed.

What do you guys think? Should I pay for another session?

Last edited by LexSense; 12-26-14 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Added Mileage
Old 12-22-14, 05:52 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Not having a fan/blower up front WILL affect things. Never seen a car dynoed that didn't have air blowing in from the front end.

If you do decide to go back, perhaps try resetting the battery the day before to only give the thing a day to "reprogram" the ECU.
Old 12-23-14, 12:30 AM
l5JLlll
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so there's gains after all
Old 12-23-14, 01:29 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like only the bigger engines get any results the 250 has no hope 😭
Old 12-23-14, 01:07 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Seems like only the bigger engines get any results the 250 has no hope ��
Well, the IS250 AND the IS-F have both proven little gains; not worth the $$$. However, all IS350s (two in total?) that have been dyno'd have shown possible cost-effective gains.
Old 12-24-14, 01:13 AM
l5JLlll
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
Well, the IS250 AND the IS-F have both proven little gains; not worth the $$$. However, all IS350s (two in total?) that have been dyno'd have shown possible cost-effective gains.
i own a 3is 250 and i got the VR tune installed
I can feel the gains especially in the lower RPM range
but to prove the gains i need a Dyno run
but i am still waiting for the Dyno guy to call and schedule a Dyno run
Old 12-24-14, 08:08 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Originally Posted by l5JLlll
i own a 3is 250 and i got the VR tune installed
I can feel the gains especially in the lower RPM range
but to prove the gains i need a Dyno run
but i am still waiting for the Dyno guy to call and schedule a Dyno run
Good luck with the results .

I'm probably going to attempt one more dyno session with the fan in front this time, but it will probably have to be after the holidays.

Until then have a great Xmas and New Years everyone!
Old 12-29-14, 10:00 AM
a790
Driver

Originally Posted by LexSense
Good luck with the results .

I'm probably going to attempt one more dyno session with the fan in front this time, but it will probably have to be after the holidays.

Until then have a great Xmas and New Years everyone!
Film it.

Quick Reply: Possible ECU Remapping for IS250/350?