IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A New Lexus Owner - From M3 to IS350 - Saying Hello :)...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-14, 12:01 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A New Lexus Owner - From M3 to IS350 - Saying Hello :)...

Hi Guys,

As you guys may have noticed, I have been asked a lot of questions or seeking opinions on different 350s over the course of last few weeks.

Well, yesterday, the conversion was completed and I finally became a proud owner of an 06, One Owner, IS350, all options but Spoiler, ML, and Radar Cruise, with 99K miles on it!

She looks to be very well kept, good maintenance history. Paid 13.5K (Thoughts)?

Anyway, I am just saying Hello and really wanted to see if I can connect with some local friends from the Philadelphia area? I just want to say Hello, stay in touch, learn about my car and etc. So if you are from Philadelphia or close to it, please PM me and hopefully we can become friends .

I want to drop some things right off the bat for my car, may you guys can chime in or help?:

1. I noticed the sticky dash issue right away on my way back ! Thinking of buying a Windshield shade, but this cannot be good, since I don't have a garage right now ! What else can I do?

2. I want to install the OEM style lip/spoiler. Don't really care about the quality too, too much. Can anyone point me to the best Replica they might have bought from EBay, painted? And any help on who can help me install it? Sounds like it doesn't require drilling.

3. I saw some cool LED tail lights on EBay for about $200 and some dollars. Has anyone tried these? I would LOVE to get the 09 or 10 +, is it? But I hear they are not plug and play for 06 - 08? And again, anyone who can help me install them?

I am REALLY excited and happy about my decision, but the bad news is, I am completely useless when it comes to DIY and don't have a working area or tools.

Thank you everyone who has helped me to arrive at this decision so far and thank you to many others in advance for your help in the future!

Attaching a quick picture as well .
Attached Thumbnails A New Lexus Owner - From M3 to IS350 - Saying Hello :)...-lexus_is350_faraz.jpg  
Old 08-07-14, 12:04 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome!

Hate to **** on your parade, but you do not have radar-assisted cruise. If you did, you would have a front emblem like this :

Old 08-07-14, 12:07 PM
davidma415
Driver

all options but Spoiler, ML, and Radar Cruise
Old 08-07-14, 12:10 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gville350
Welcome!

Hate to **** on your parade, but you do not have radar-assisted cruise. If you did, you would have a front emblem like this :

Originally Posted by davidma415
all options but Spoiler, ML, and Radar Cruise
Thanks Gville350 ! And yes, please read what davidma415 pointed out !
Old 08-07-14, 01:02 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spoiler from oemthing on ebay.

I would stick with stock tails, just get red out vinyl. Also from ebay.

For all the DIYs, start reading everything on the forum. Tons of information, you just have to be willing to read.
Old 08-07-14, 01:04 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

13.5 is a cheap price imo
Old 08-07-14, 01:20 PM
NikonGuy
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, $13.5K is good.

There was an 06 IS350 with 75K miles at dealer locally for $18K
Old 08-07-14, 01:54 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-07-14, 02:02 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Spoiler from oemthing on ebay.

I would stick with stock tails, just get red out vinyl. Also from ebay.

For all the DIYs, start reading everything on the forum. Tons of information, you just have to be willing to read.
Do you have the link for spoiler?

Originally Posted by metaleckz
13.5 is a cheap price imo
Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Congrats! Enjoy the ride.
Thank you friends for the input! I thought 13.5 was just a fair deal... I could be wrong. But just from how clean and take care the car was, I though it was a good find.

Has anyone ordered this spoiler? Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-SHIP-PA...a24f9a&vxp=mtr

And for the tail lights? Anyone try this? Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2008-Le...43fcdb&vxp=mtr
Old 08-07-14, 02:04 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

put F Sport Sway Bars on it for a big change in handling, and 2011+ ISF steering ECU for further mods
Old 08-07-14, 02:11 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
put F Sport Sway Bars on it for a big change in handling, and 2011+ ISF steering ECU for further mods
Great advice bud. Although I don't mind the steering or the handling too much, not the most aggressive out there, I guess :P. But do you know what those two mods cost and their difficulty in installs?

I really wanna do the spoiler, absolutely first.

And this is just a clarifying question - People always told me to get an 07 in order to use a button to turn off Traction control. On my 06, there is a a Traction control button there. Is that normal? Can I turn it off with that, or is the "Paddle Dance" referring to something else?

Thank you again for all the love, excited to be here !
Old 08-07-14, 02:46 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! Connect with Paul Tran out there in Phili ... he's a good guy to know in your area. Forget his screen name here but its Pau1y_T on instagram.

I like our stock tails maybe just the red over lay for the turn signal. They aren't so out dated or horrible that they need to be swapped for some LEDs that pretty much look the same just leds with a larger clear turn signal. Just doesn't bother me enough to spend $200+ on changing vs. a $8 piece of red overlay.

Def try the spoiler. I've been going and forth on the roof, trunk, or both. That rear sway mentioned earlier is a no brainer for our cars. It seem like its in the top 3 must do here. Lower, F-Sport rear sway, Exterior slap ons... well thats how i see it lol

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 08-07-14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-07-14, 02:46 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A lot of people have those tail lights, my neighbor has them on his TP IS250 as well and it looks good.
Old 08-07-14, 02:59 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Congrats! Connect with Paul Tran out there in Phili ... he's a good guy to know in your area. Forget his screen name here but its Pau1y_T on instagram.
Thanks Mike! If you find a thread or his SN here, please do let me know.

Originally Posted by lysis250
A lot of people have those tail lights, my neighbor has them on his TP IS250 as well and it looks good.
That's encouraging to hear! Do you know if I can find a picture somewhere with those lights on the IS?

Keep it coming guys, enjoying the warm welcomes ! Feels a little home-y here, outside of the Bimmer world ! LOL!
Old 08-07-14, 03:09 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

CCJ22, SFFD103, Juvi22003, sm1ke, these are all members that I can think off the top of my head, they all either had or have them on their cars. If you look them up you can find pics on here somewhere.

Quick Reply: A New Lexus Owner - From M3 to IS350 - Saying Hello :)...