IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-14, 11:23 AM
trblmkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch!!!

My 2007 IS 350 was hit last w/e. May be totaled... It took us forever to find a white one w/i driving distance.

If so, is there a way to post at WTB in the classifieds? There's a rule that I must post 30X to "SELL" a vehicle, but I am just searching to buy.

Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails Ouch!!!-nose-2007-is-350.jpg   Ouch!!!-right-front.jpg  
Old 06-18-14, 11:26 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It may not necessarily be a write-off. Mine had a few hits on it before I purchased it, but was not written off.

I have had 0 issues from the accidents because everything was fixed properly. Just meant that I have newer headlights and my hood and front bumper have barely any rock chips or flaws.

How bad does it look under the hood? Air bags go off?
Old 06-18-14, 11:35 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That looks like it will be totaled.
Old 06-18-14, 11:40 AM
trblmkr
Driver School Candidate

Fortunately, the airbags did not deploy (on our car!). We ran into a car that failed to yield...and we were unable to dodge them b/c the other lane was already occupied. Her car is totaled. So glad there was no passenger.

That said, I can verify that the seat-belts work GREAT! (And I have the chest/shoulder pain and bruises to prove it.) Not really complaining b/c it certainly beats using the windshield as a restraint!

They're not done tearing it down but are already at $9K... It's going to be close.

Haven't seen under the hood. We own a repair shop (not body shop), so anything not body-related, Hubby could fix.
Old 06-18-14, 11:40 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you are ok physically. It seems like a total to me. It sucks to see IS like this You can create a want to buy in the Lexus vehicle classified section anytime.
Old 06-18-14, 11:50 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've seen worse not totaled....see what the adjuster says.
Old 06-18-14, 11:52 AM
trblmkr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks FSport! I'll be fine in the end...no fractures, just super sore. Glad I'm not working, but it is still restricting my ability to do the simplest things...like vacuuming. (Then again, I hate to vacuum!)

And, yes, it made me sick to see it wrecked. I've had it less than a year and had worked my way up to my "dream" car. This too shall pass. Cars can be replaced.
Old 06-18-14, 11:54 AM
trblmkr
Driver School Candidate

I think the only thing that puts it in true danger of a total is the age. If it were a couple of years newer, I don't think there would be any way they'd even consider it. We have a great body shop. They say they can make it good as new...as long as insurance will play along. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-18-14, 11:58 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

This almost same thing happened to me in 2010....surprisingly it wasn't too much damage....I think it was around $3-4k iirc. Guy in a truck did an illegal uturn in front of me from the right lane -__-

Old 06-18-14, 12:02 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

U Turn on your right lane, seriously? That truck driver truly knows how to drive. Did you honk loudly before he/she hit your car?
Old 06-18-14, 12:03 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yep, I agree with you. Are you getting the IS again if it is total?

Originally Posted by trblmkr
I think the only thing that puts it in true danger of a total is the age. If it were a couple of years newer, I don't think there would be any way they'd even consider it. We have a great body shop. They say they can make it good as new...as long as insurance will play along. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-18-14, 12:09 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FSportIS
U Turn on your right lane, seriously? That truck driver truly knows how to drive. Did you honk loudly before he/she hit your car?
No unfortunately I didn't....I'm a loyal user of the horn too

It was two lanes turning left.....I was in the left left turn lane and he was in the right. We were both going on the green arrow and he stopped all of a sudden and made the turn into me and dragged me along. I'm glad I didn't hit the median and ruin the left side of my car too. Needless to say I got my deductible back from that accident when he was cited for an improper uturn lol.
Old 06-18-14, 12:18 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

You are too polite to that dumb driver lol. I'm glad you got back your ride in good shape. He should be cited for dumb reckless uturn haha.
Old 06-18-14, 12:25 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

I was only polite because when he got out I recognized him. And I only didn't honk because it literally just happened like that. I didn't even see it coming because we were both supposed to be turing left LMAO
Old 06-18-14, 12:31 PM
Kd0t
Driver

Glad you're okay!

Quick Reply: Ouch!!!