IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OH God What Has My Girlfriend Done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-14, 04:51 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH God What Has My Girlfriend Done!!!!

I swear I am going to give her a beat down if this is going to cost me and not be perfect by the time I fix it. I know shes scared lol I might have to get something out of this!

Can this be fixed at home or do I have to have someone else take a look? Looks pretty bad
Attached Thumbnails OH God What Has My Girlfriend Done!!!!-2014-06-02-19.37.40.jpg   OH God What Has My Girlfriend Done!!!!-2014-06-02-19.37.45.jpg  
Old 06-03-14, 05:04 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks, but seriously, joking about domestic abuse isn't remotely funny.
Old 06-03-14, 05:25 AM
jsh139
Rookie

You could probably fix it with a leather repair kit. Also, sometimes just using a leather conditioner like Lexol can help. Good luck.
Old 06-03-14, 05:46 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Excuse to get the carbon fiber aftermarket one?
Old 06-03-14, 06:54 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
REALLY? REALLY? No one can even joke around anymore in this overly sensitive sissy society. Although, I seriously might have to punish her now since I have to obviously order a kit or some product.

Originally Posted by jsh139
You could probably fix it with a leather repair kit. Also, sometimes just using a leather conditioner like Lexol can help. Good luck.
Any suggestions on a specific kit? I am guessing I need to get one matching the color of the dye? I might hit it with some lexol or maybe some leatherique. The steering wheel usually self heals but this seems much worse than anything that has happened before!

Originally Posted by daileycon
Excuse to get the carbon fiber aftermarket one?
I like the feel of leather especially the way the stock steering wheel is for some reason. I know its weird!
Old 06-03-14, 07:40 AM
edwin1027
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2012 IS black steering wheel in perfect condition. Basically I replace it with F-Sport just after few months of getting new car. Just send me message if your interested.
Old 06-03-14, 08:43 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Trade Secrets Leather repair kit is one I have used for fingernail scrapes and runs like that on my other cars. It works pretty well. There is also a video on Youtube about how to use the product for these types of repairs.

here:

Old 06-03-14, 09:43 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Someone similar happened to my steering wheel and a leather repair guy fixed it for free since I wasn't liable for the damage. Looks like nothing ever happened.
Old 06-03-14, 10:01 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinda
REALLY? REALLY? No one can even joke around anymore in this overly sensitive sissy society. Although, I seriously might have to punish her now since I have to obviously order a kit or some product.
I get your point--you're pissed off because your car is no longer pristine because something she may have accidentally done--fine. I can take a lot of jokes--again, not sure how beating your girlfriend is funny.
Old 06-03-14, 10:38 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

She might be jealous of you spending more time modding the car and not on her hence the damage. Next time, buy her some diamonds and she will treat your car better joking.

I don't think it is a big deal, only a small cosmetic thing that is probably caused by accident on your girlfriend's part. I would like to ask you to give her a hug and forgive her and tell her to be more careful next time driving your car.
Old 06-03-14, 10:59 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I don't think it is a big deal, only a small cosmetic thing that is probably caused by accident on your girlfriend's part. I would like to ask you to give her a hug and forgive her and tell her to be more careful next time driving your car.
My thoughts exactly. It's a tiny scratch on the leather. No biggie.
Old 06-03-14, 11:38 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

She might be jealous of you spending more time modding the car and not on her hence the damage. Next time, buy her some diamonds and she will treat your car better joking.

I agree. It's no biggie and it's just a car. Your lady probably feels really bad as it is.
Old 06-03-14, 11:44 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Just get used to it; scratches happen. Now that you have one, the next won't feel so bad.
Old 06-03-14, 12:30 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joelseff
I agree. It's no biggie and it's just a car. Your lady probably feels really bad as it is.
I have put so much time into the upkeep of this car and modifying it and taking it apart that when it came time to buy a new car I couldn't do it. Going to drive this baby till shes driven into the ground.

I think I love my car more than my girlfriend lol
Originally Posted by TomDac
My thoughts exactly. It's a tiny scratch on the leather. No biggie.
It feels deep though, I have scratched the steering wheel before but it always self healed.

lol I wouldn't be surprised she hates two things about me....I spend my time either modding my car or at the gym and not enough with her. Especially lately as that car has gotten older and I feel more inclined to work on it.

Originally Posted by Gville350
Just get used to it; scratches happen. Now that you have one, the next won't feel so bad.
This car is now 6 years old so not my first scratch but the car is very well kept and doesn't look it's age. Still every scratch since I bought the car has been just as painful.
Old 06-03-14, 12:38 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tex2670
Maybe he meant Bondage with a whip and those sorts... LOL
Originally Posted by jsh139
yes this could work. Depending on how deep the damage is otherwise get an f-sport wheel.

Quick Reply: OH God What Has My Girlfriend Done!!!!