IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone here have the iVIC from Vaistech?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 10:38 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here have the iVIC from Vaistech?

I am considering buying the module but wanted to know if it restricts any of my cars functionality.
Old 05-01-14, 08:45 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Zinda
I am considering buying the module but wanted to know if it restricts any of my cars functionality.
iVIC retains all factory installed equipment with all compatible cars.

iVIC application guide can be found here:
http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/iVIC%20App%20Guide.pdf

Thank you!
Old 05-01-14, 09:16 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

What is the difference between 5d and 6d? Also do I have to be connected to the USB if I want to stream music to the unit via bluetooth? Will I be able to control my randomizer on my S4 music app and skip songs via the steering wheel? Have you guys figured out a way to pair the voice control with google now?
Old 05-03-14, 10:41 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

What is the difference between 5d and 6d? Also do I have to be connected to the USB if I want to stream music to the unit via bluetooth? Will I be able to control my randomizer on my S4 music app and skip songs via the steering wheel? Have you guys figured out a way to pair the voice control with google now?
If you've got a 2010 or newer IS then I think you need the 6D as it's a 6th gen nav in your car. Anything before is a 5th gen and you'll need the 5D unit. That's the biggest difference as far as I know.

Don't know what you mean by randomiser but you can certainly skip songs using the steering wheel.
Old 05-03-14, 11:17 PM
JusticeK
Rookie

I use the 6D that was installed professionally. As far I can I tell, if you are using an iPod on the iPod interface, it restricts your steering wheel functionality. This is probably because they expect you to use the iPod itself to navigate through songs. If you use the standard flash drive/hard drive interface that mimics the OEM audio interface, all steering wheel functions work the same.

Jay
Old 05-04-14, 03:24 PM
TREE
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the ml+ and upgraded to the ivic in my 2008 is350. I upgraded from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s and needed the newer version. I think it works great and is all I listen to. I mostly do pandora but do use the iPhone app and music player as well. All steering wheel functions work including track changing and volume. I would highly recommend the unit to anyone that listens to a lot of music. I think it is very user friendly and is easy to navigate. As far as the apps of calendar and map I have not used them much. They work as advertised but I really do not need to use them in the car.
Old 05-05-14, 06:10 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

How easy is the installation? Where is a great place to put the wiring for the phone. I like stealth options in this case!
Old 05-05-14, 07:34 PM
TREE
Pit Crew

How easy is the installation? Where is a great place to put the wiring for the phone. I like stealth options in this case!
I mounted mine in the glovebox and have the plug in for the phone in the cup holder in the center console. It took drilling a couple holes but I think it works great. Installation process was fairly easy. I never had any experience doing any stereo work before but was pretty much plug and play. It took few hours as was was extra careful and was a little nervous taking out the navigation unit but it was overall not to difficult.
Old 05-05-14, 11:33 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely not difficult - just make sure you connect the 12 pin cable into the correct spot (there are two connectors at the back of the nav), If you don't you'll be questioning why the unit isn't working and your hazards keep flashing..

the other thing to keep in mind is when pulling your nav out and putting it back in, be careful not to destroy your dash.

I put my unit in the glovebox and I turned my ashtray into a dock for my phone by drilling a hole in the bottom and gluing the connector so it sticks out.

Old 06-02-14, 05:54 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I just got the iVIC and it is good right now I even got my phone charging WHILE using MHL. I used a omni rom for my old samsung s3 which got rid of all the nonsense samsung puts on their phone.

Unit works great only limited by my navigation screen. By the way touchwiz is not agreeable with ivic and you will have to get novalauncher!
Old 06-02-14, 10:31 AM
mandipcarz
Driver School Candidate

makes the car soo much better to live with, heres what i did

Old 06-02-14, 11:23 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

How did you fit it under there? I already have some sort of box there that I have no idea!
Old 06-02-14, 08:39 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I have the 5D in my IS250 and I love it. There's a learning curve and after some griping and complaining, it was smooth sailing. I now drive my IS350 and took a drive in my 250 this past Saturday for the first time since August and remembered how much I love my iViC. I'm a music head and I love being able to have my music, pandora, spotify and whatever else is running AND have my text messages read outloud on the audio system. It's very convenient.

Unfortunately I am going to be selling my car eventually and need to get it out. I'm tempted to get the 6D for my IS350.
Old 06-03-14, 03:35 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I think the ivic port application on android is slightly buggy though. Definitely right about the learning curve...
Old 06-04-14, 09:27 AM
07silverIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
iVIC retains all factory installed equipment with all compatible cars.

iVIC application guide can be found here:
http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/iVIC%20App%20Guide.pdf

Thank you!
Any info this will work with a Samsung S5?

Quick Reply: Anyone here have the iVIC from Vaistech?