IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 10:15 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pmanliu
My will arrive Monday, tracking # received yesterday. Stay tuned!

are the ebay ones you bought same as the ones from alibaba?
Old 03-26-14, 10:34 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to pull the bumper and go through with all that work why not just paint the factory lights and add some led bars at the bottom?
Old 03-26-14, 11:02 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAZE_TYLR
If your going to pull the bumper and go through with all that work why not just paint the factory lights and add some led bars at the bottom?
I'll be letting my OEM retrofitted ones go for sale as soon as I finish my new build... They have clear lenses (3 inch Sti-R), ACC Oracle blue angel eyes around the high beam and low (projector), Morimoto XB35 5K H11 HID bulbs and a very low profile, clean LED strip. Inner main shroud is painted black. They outer headlight lenses were re-finished and UV sealed and the headlight assembly was re-sealed with butyl so there is never the possibility of a moisture problem.

If anyone is interested let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-the-other.jpg   Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-from-clipboard1.jpg   Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)-from-clipboard.jpg  
Old 03-27-14, 06:17 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho

are the ebay ones you bought same as the ones from alibaba?
Almost, there are minor differences. The alibaba ones have a clear reflector whereas ebay one's are yellow. Also, ebay ones are ~$300-400 cheaper when you factor in shipping and the price difference for the Alibaba ones.

Originally Posted by BLAZE_TYLR
Pulling the bumper and adding led bars at the bottom of the headlights are two very different tasks. Pulling the bumper takes 20 mins. Baking, adding a led bar (and doing it well) will take many hours of testing and fabricating. People have just glued led strips but i rather have a more incorporated look with the headlight, hence why i vouched for the replicas. The 2012's would be nice, but a $2k pricetag for headlights is hard for me to swallow
Old 03-27-14, 06:45 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

The cheap led that came with the eBay one I will replace, but not to have the home made led strip is important.
Old 03-27-14, 08:14 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
The cheap led that came with the eBay one I will replace, but not to have the home made led strip is important.
Keep us posted on what size SMTs the ebay ones use (perhaps we can start a separate thread on modding the ebay headlights (if it is needed) when we proceed). I want to tackle this project as soon as it comes in, but need to find some free time
Old 03-27-14, 09:15 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I'm eagerly waiting for good results. Good luck to pmanliu and many others who are on this project!
Old 03-27-14, 09:40 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, you really cant go wrong at the price...esp to open up and mod. I assume you guys will use some type of aftermarket HID bulb/ballast for the projector???

Maybe I missed it but what Halogen bulb type (H1 or H11?) are they using for the projector?

Last edited by mikellucci; 03-27-14 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-27-14, 09:11 PM
viprtwo
Driver

There is a decent shot on this link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-IS250-Glossy-Black-SMD-LED-DRL-Signal-Projector-Headlights-Fog-Bumper-Lamp-/310902105306?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item486335a4da&vxp=mtr
Old 03-28-14, 05:32 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I will post unpacking and everything once I receive it today. Ups delivery schedule at the end of business today
Old 03-28-14, 07:29 AM
jkenn6
Driver

maybe im missing something, but these headlights are absolutely awful. hahahah great way to cheapen your lexus. Why dont you order the turbo whistlers for the exhaust too. People amaze me.
Old 03-28-14, 07:59 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jkenn6
maybe im missing something, but these headlights are absolutely awful. hahahah great way to cheapen your lexus. Why dont you order the turbo whistlers for the exhaust too. People amaze me.
Whether you like it or not is subjective to your personal taste. You can argue quality, fit, and finish, but in terms of aesthetics, it's really up to the person spending the money.

Thanks for showing your true colours. People like you never cease to amaze, albeit for all the wrong reasons.
Old 03-28-14, 08:40 AM
ICU2
Pole Position

Kind of off topic but I found these on alibaba too - what do you guys think of these headlights, they're for a Camry:
Old 03-28-14, 09:00 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Whether you like it or not is subjective to your personal taste. You can argue quality, fit, and finish, but in terms of aesthetics, it's really up to the person spending the money.

Thanks for showing your true colours. People like you never cease to amaze, albeit for all the wrong reasons.
If there was a "thanks" button this forum, i would give you one. Agreed 100%. Yes these headlights are not up to OEM quality but at the same time it doesn't look like off the shelf parts slapped together. Honestly IMO they did a good job replicating the 2012 headlights. The same can be said for the replica NAVIs where I actually prefer it to the OEM as it is reliable, as well as the options to customize it.

I'm lost on why you are comparing it to the turbo whistler.

Even if these headlights don't perform well out of the box, this is the perfect project to get my hands dirty and modify it myself. Even if i had 2012 headlights I would probably open them up and end up modifying the lens for better output, etc. At $400 for replicas, why not? And i won't care if i mess up.

Nothing else to say, that is all. Back onto headlight modding and hopefully others can benefit from whatever we discover with these replica 2012 headlights.

Originally Posted by ICU2
Kind of off topic but I found these on alibaba too - what do you guys think of these headlights, they're for a Camry:
I like! The headlights they make for the VWs are also pretty close to OEM. Will need to do some research on other car forums to see if anyone else has picked them up.
Old 03-28-14, 09:13 AM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't look half bad! (and for the cost)
I'd rather have these than hazy 06-09 headlights anyday.

It's cool that the LED strip can be white or amber in color (based off the ebay pictures)
You could probably make them into turn signals

Yes, I know. They are cheap
But they aren't like other lights that are very obvious and aftermarket looking
Most people on the road won't know the difference ...
all said and done.. its under $400

I would have done it if I didn't get 2012 lights last year.

Quick Reply: Replica 2011-2012 LED headlights (Alibaba)