IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

WTF? Invidia Midpipe Woes......IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-14, 03:15 PM
Lexus28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am going to order the silencers on eBay and see how much it quiets the exhaust then decide if I want to try the invidia midpipes. I'm used to loud exhaust setups from my truck and charger it's the drone that sucks!

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Me too!!! I love the look of the the round cans with the diffuser! Lol
Old 03-23-14, 03:57 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus28
I think I am going to order the silencers on eBay and see how much it quiets the exhaust then decide if I want to try the invidia midpipes. I'm used to loud exhaust setups from my truck and charger it's the drone that sucks!
Yea, I know what you mean.
Old 04-30-16, 04:12 PM
murfman89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FI4runner
After researching for what seemed like 8+ hours and watching/listening to multiple videos - I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Invidia Midpipe for a little more sound. I didn't want to go full exhaust, I was just looking for more subtle sound. Everything I read, said that adding the Invidia to the stock system, was the perfect fit for my application - it wasn't overly loud, but was compareable to the stock Infiniti exhaust.
I tried to jack up the car and DIY, but the damn this is just too low (used to working on lifted trucks). The local shop said for $50 they'd have me in/out in 30 minutes - perfect.
Stopped in - slapped it on, and started it up....sounded okay at first. Drove down the road - and between 3000 and 4000 rpm - WTF???
This thing sounds like a riced out 90's Honda hatch with a fart-can that can barely get out of itself's way??
Totally disaointed. I am actually embarassed to get on the gas now.
Will this rasphy tin can sound go away after break in? I saw a video of right after an install, and then 1000 miles later - it did indeed sound different, but I now will not trust any video sounds because it just isn't the same.

I had the exhaust place keep my stock system, and I already called them to swap it back to stock next week. Is there any option out there (Meagan?) that is deeper, more like a intake type sound vs the riced out rasphy tin can sound?

Ok, have the Invidia mid pipe still installed with the new magnaflow axle back. Love the startup sound and overall sound but the drone noise is a bit too much. I think I have to dump the Invidia midpipe and go back to stock pipe. Bummer.

Did you switch back already?
Old 08-20-19, 12:37 PM
3R1IS250
Driver School Candidate

Default Need info on that setup

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Thanks man! PM sent if anyone else is interested in set up shoot me a pm and trust me it sounds much much better while driving it, im constantly on the throttle because it sounds mean as hell will post a drive by video soon.
What setup you have
Old 03-06-20, 07:16 AM
Premox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Thanks man! PM sent if anyone else is interested in set up shoot me a pm and trust me it sounds much much better while driving it, im constantly on the throttle because it sounds mean as hell will post a drive by video soon.
please let us know the spec I like it
Old 03-09-20, 09:52 PM
Badboye
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I did a lot of research too and decided NOT to go with the Invidia because of the raspy sound everyone was talking about. I went with the Megan and love the deep sound it makes combined with my HKS exhaust. Yes there's a drone but damn it sounds good when you do a fly by. =)