IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AKS Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-14, 03:26 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AKS Racing

posting this here for better visibility/response because i'm starting to get worried.

is AKS Racing legit?

i just ordered the M2 exhaust from them and the site said my item shipped and that I should have it today... I dont have it.

i called FedEx and they said the shipper (AKS Racing) created a label, but never shipped my item.

on AKS Racing site under my profile, it says my exhaust was shipped on 7MAR and I should receive it today 13MAR. got nothing. today is 14 MAR and the status is the same.

So i called AKS Racing and their number on their site is disconnected? .....explain

i also sent them an e-mail too, to no avail. what would you guys do in this situation? i'm more upset that i dont have a new exhaust installed on my car right now more than anything. and this isn't a "you get what you pay for" situation because i read on the forums here that people have used them in the past.
Old 03-14-14, 03:35 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

never heard of them before but you should call your credit card company. The earlier you tell them, the easier it is for them to help you
Old 03-14-14, 03:40 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
never heard of them before but you should call your credit card company. The earlier you tell them, the easier it is for them to help you
that sounds like a straight up rip off. definitely call your credit card company/bank.
Old 03-14-14, 03:52 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

ya man that site seems really suspect, they've been expanding at 200% monthly and still don't have a working telephone or an actual store?
Old 03-14-14, 04:00 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Best bet would be to contact your cc company and report a fraud charge etc.

Good luck, I hope you do receive your exhaust today or tomorrow.
Old 03-14-14, 04:01 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

all of you posting are from CA, anyone from the Pomona area? lol.

yeah I have USAA and they're pretty great when it comes to fraudulent charges and have helped me in the past. I will contact them now.
Old 03-14-14, 05:34 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

I assume this is their website? https://www.aksracing.com/

I don't see any "red flags" on the net regarding others being scammed by them, but BOTH of their phone #s are no good.

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-...639/complaints
Old 03-15-14, 07:49 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

i'm about 6 hours away or i'd go down there and help you out. i'm stationed at Travis AFB so i'd have to take leave to be able to get down there.
Old 03-17-14, 07:09 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NEVER ORDER FROM AKSRACING!

I tried to order my exhaust from them and I had the same issues. I had SUCH A HARD TIME with them when I tried to order my M2 exhaust because they had the lowest price. They DO NOT have any instock but it says they do. When I finally got in touch with them, they gave me an excuse that it was lost in the mail. When I got in touch with the shipper they said it was never received. The guys there told me that my package was stolen and started giving me the run around.

I said FINE, just send out another one and you deal with your issues since they are out in CA. Gave me another shipping number, then got the same run around from someone else that package was stolen with the exact same run around as the first guy. I paid through paypal so I put in a claim to get my money back and I got a Nasty email from one of the guys cursing at me because paypal freezes their account until they refund my money. I wouldn't be surprised if they give YOU the same run around. They were really unprofessional, and would recommend to NEVER order from there!

If you want, I have all the emails saved from the BS they gave me. I though I posted here to NOT order from them
Old 03-17-14, 08:10 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

^^ you should post it. Keep us informed so no one else can go through the same problems.
Old 03-17-14, 08:14 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

oh god. alright. luckily i ordered through pay pal as well. i thought i just did credit card. right now pay pal is in the "disput" phase, feeling like i just should skip to the claim phase as this story you just told me is already hauntingly too real. no one from the company has e-mailed me yet. what do you recommend as my next move? lol, besides purchasing a new exhaust right now from another company
Old 03-17-14, 08:17 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

lastly, i think there should be a "order at your own risk" sticky thread outlining sketchy companies that should not be dealt with so that no one has to go through this.

mods?
Old 03-17-14, 11:33 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aspeckt
oh god. alright. luckily i ordered through pay pal as well. i thought i just did credit card. right now pay pal is in the "disput" phase, feeling like i just should skip to the claim phase as this story you just told me is already hauntingly too real. no one from the company has e-mailed me yet. what do you recommend as my next move? lol, besides purchasing a new exhaust right now from another company
Originally Posted by aspeckt
lastly, i think there should be a "order at your own risk" sticky thread outlining sketchy companies that should not be dealt with so that no one has to go through this.

mods?
I would just immediately ask for a refund. You can continue to try to get in touch with them but I bet they will say the same thing. Lost/Stolen with all the emails tagged with "Sent from Iphone" which leads me to believe its someone's side business and business is not their main priority.

I ordered it from a vendor on eBay and got it with in 4 days!
Old 03-17-14, 11:40 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the information.

Lucky, I ordered M2 from a local store, $280 out of the door for both part + installation. Clean and simple.
Old 03-17-14, 11:45 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Remember buying online for stock item always call to see what up. Just like buying those electronic online for cheapest price. Then it's a switch an bait . Sometime you gotta spend the little extra to save you the after math of this .

Quick Reply: AKS Racing