IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DRL's OFF!!!

Old 03-04-14, 04:21 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL's OFF!!!

Ok, I did it... I bought the Techstream kit from Amazon.com and its awesome. It can change all lexus settings, including turning off those *****ty daytime running lights. For those of us that still have the lights that use the high beam at 6v as the DRL... I highly recommend this setup. Only thing is, it mjust run on windows XP, so I had to use my old laptop. But no big deal, the rest was a breeze.
Old 03-04-14, 04:32 PM
willSFP
Driver

Nice! What are the other settings that you can change?
Old 03-04-14, 04:35 PM
wolfparty
Driver School Candidate

I took mine into the dealership this weekend to take care of the cam gear recall and had them disable the DRLs while they were at it. I prefer this to replacing them with LED's because I still retain high-beam functionality.
Old 03-04-14, 04:36 PM
Downtuned
Lead Lap

is your primary reason for doing this to get rid of the tacky orange/yellow? does it really look better without anything on at all?
Old 03-04-14, 04:43 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Originally Posted by willSFP
Nice! What are the other settings that you can change?
Anything the dealer can change, and of the lexus preferred settings, you can use it to program TPMS sensors, clear trouble codes, clear air bag codes, and has a button for "ecu programming". Idk what that does, there is alot of settings you can change.
Originally Posted by wolfparty
I took mine into the dealership this weekend to take care of the cam gear recall and had them disable the DRLs while they were at it. I prefer this to replacing them with LED's because I still retain high-beam functionality.
my dealer flat out refused, they said they will not disable a safety device.

Originally Posted by Downtuned
is your primary reason for doing this to get rid of the tacky orange/yellow? does it really look better without anything on at all?
Yea, thats why I bought it, but I'd like to make some changes on my Tundra as well. Its lifted on 35's and the yaw sensor is sensitive as hell... SO I can use this to recalibrate that too. It works for all Toyota/Lexus vehicles.
Old 03-04-14, 04:44 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

BTW, it looks best in the evening when my parking lights are the only thing lit, I have Super white LED's in the city light, (the tiny light in the high beam hole.) They look pretty cool.
Old 03-04-14, 05:21 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried program a new TPMS set with it and have success in this?? If so this machine is well worth buying.
Old 03-04-14, 05:30 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

I have not... Yet. I'll be getting new wheels in the spring and I will be doing it. Before I bought this, I was on the tundra forum and a couple guys there say the have used it for their tpms. I'll def keep this thread updated as I play with this thing some more.
Old 03-04-14, 08:19 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah I just had the dealership turn my off as well. At first they told me no as well but then come to find out all I had to do was sign a waiver that I was disabling a safety feature and they did it
Old 03-06-14, 06:15 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just purchased the techstream kit and currently awaiting delivery, what should i do about the whole windows XP thing because i don't have that or know anyone that still has that OS, can the techstream run properly on anything newer (windows 7)?
Old 03-06-14, 08:43 AM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teaguedp90
i just purchased the techstream kit and currently awaiting delivery, what should i do about the whole windows XP thing because i don't have that or know anyone that still has that OS, can the techstream run properly on anything newer (windows 7)?
Maybe you can use it in Windows XP Mode in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-in-windows-7
Old 03-06-14, 09:24 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it runs ok on any operating system as long as it is 32bit and not 64bit. Someone runs it on windows 8 32 bit successfully. However, the software is made for win XP though.
Old 03-07-14, 12:07 AM
KaShiDC
Rookie

Originally Posted by teaguedp90
Check your local library, good chance they still have XP
Old 03-08-14, 06:31 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey titan did your techstream install disc have a huge crack in it?

I have tried for a few hours to get this windows xp mode to work on my laptop. I have win 7 home premium 64 bit and Microsoft.com has made it very hard to properly set up everything so that the virtual pc will work. I guess the only way to go is to buy some old laptop with xp on it from craigslist or something. lol

Last edited by teaguedp90; 03-08-14 at 11:51 PM. Reason: updated
Old 03-09-14, 01:48 AM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

how much does a techstream run you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DRL's OFF!!!