IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What color wrap?

Old 03-02-14, 05:52 PM
modlife
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What color wrap?

So I did some work for a sign shop and traded out for a full wrap. If you could change the color of your ISx50, what would you go with? I'm drawn to matte black but haven't talked to anyone about taking care of it... or I could do something more colorful...

What do you think?

Here's the car as it stands today:

Old 03-02-14, 05:55 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would wrap somebody else's vehicle, keep the money and make a mode upgrade on the IS like rear sway bar, or put some bump in the trunk! I think it looks killer as it is!
Old 03-02-14, 06:05 PM
modlife
Rookie

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
I would wrap somebody else's vehicle, keep the money and make a mode upgrade on the IS like rear sway bar, or put some bump in the trunk! I think it looks killer as it is!
No skin in the game for me - it's free. I don't need the money and can buy anything I want for the car as long as I pair it with a "go buy something for yourself" note to my wife ;-)

I'm also already sick of the soft obsidian paint - it's a PITA to keep looking good - I may even consider a clear wrap, as a friend has a Maserati with it done and it seems to look every bit as good as mine after an 8 hour detail, even after a winter.
Old 03-02-14, 06:11 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I say keep the color simple so you'll like it for along time. Rather then regret it in a few months .
Old 03-02-14, 06:14 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wrapped mine for a new look and to be on a magazine cover (didn't happen). I liked it cause it was a change but I do think black is the best color but a pain to keep clean. Good luck with what you choose.
Old 03-02-14, 06:25 PM
modlife
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I wrapped mine for a new look and to be on a magazine cover (didn't happen). I liked it cause it was a change but I do think black is the best color but a pain to keep clean. Good luck with what you choose.
Not sure how I feel about the red wrap - I do think I'd want to stick with Black - also, I noticed your bumper not mounted right after the wrap - did they break the tabs off or something?

On a side note... you seem as OCD about your finish as me - what is the best routine you've found for detailing the paint?
Old 03-02-14, 06:33 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by modlife
Not sure how I feel about the red wrap - I do think I'd want to stick with Black - also, I noticed your bumper not mounted right after the wrap - did they break the tabs off or something?

On a side note... you seem as OCD about your finish as me - what is the best routine you've found for detailing the paint?
to be honest, the matte black has been done so many times its kinda played out.
My tabs and bumper went through some rough times because I was so low../The price you have to pay I guess.
I kept the car in the garage and rarely drove it. Had it professionally detailed a few times (outside). So far all the colors I have seen a 2IS wrapped I just kinda liked. I had to go red because of my 2 tone red interior. That all started because of the red bbk.
Old 03-02-14, 06:58 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by modlife
No skin in the game for me - it's free. I don't need the money and can buy anything I want for the car as long as I pair it with a "go buy something for yourself" note to my wife ;-)

I'm also already sick of the soft obsidian paint - it's a PITA to keep looking good - I may even consider a clear wrap, as a friend has a Maserati with it done and it seems to look every bit as good as mine after an 8 hour detail, even after a winter.
Lol... Yea, I've caught on to that method too but just this morning I got the " wtf, you spent $5,000 on you car last month.. Ha ha, my response is " Hey, all the bills are paid, your happy, the kids are happy, I'm happy... Life is Good!
Old 03-02-14, 07:22 PM
Sfrt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're feeling adventurous, why not go for a CCS-R look?
Attached Thumbnails What color wrap?-image.jpg  
Old 03-02-14, 07:46 PM
modlife
Rookie

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Lol... Yea, I've caught on to that method too but just this morning I got the " wtf, you spent $5,000 on you car last month.. Ha ha, my response is " Hey, all the bills are paid, your happy, the kids are happy, I'm happy... Life is Good!
I love it! Yeah, my wife pretty cool though - she doesn't work, doesn't ask for much, and I try not to complain about all of the money she "saves", so it works out well...
Old 03-02-14, 09:31 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

need more pics of your car to suggest a color
Old 03-02-14, 09:44 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Matte blue
Old 03-03-14, 12:12 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wrap it in white.
Old 03-03-14, 02:42 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

I would vote against matte black. The thing that comes to my mind when I think of that color is an old busted up car that someone rattle canned to cover the scratches and dents.

I would go with matte blue also, but just darker. Then again, my favorite color lexus was black sapphire... which was one of the rarest and least liked colors for some reason
Old 03-03-14, 06:31 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

If it's free, go crazy! White, black, boring. Go matte orange!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What color wrap?