IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ebay LED DRL headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-15, 06:30 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc250
Fitment is not an issue according to people who've installed them in the past. The question is the quality as these LEDs tend to last a very short amount of time :/
You're referring to the old ones, Ugh. Read through the posts people, there is new version out that only a few people have. I've only seen one person with them.
Old 05-10-15, 06:37 PM
jjc250
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
You're referring to the old ones, Ugh. Read through the posts people, there is new version out that only a few people have. I've only seen one person with them.
Because of the experiences in the past, people now think twice before they get it. Good luck on your lights and I hope they last a long time.
Old 05-11-15, 03:05 AM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Interested to see what these new headlights look like once they are fitted..
Old 05-11-15, 04:35 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jrule2
Interested to see what these new headlights look like once they are fitted..
I'll be finding out in a few hours! I hope they last a long time too but we will see.
Old 05-11-15, 04:12 PM
jediroger
Rookie

I'll be finding out in a few hours! I hope they last a long time too but we will see.
Any updates?
Old 05-11-15, 06:02 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jediroger
Any updates?
So far so good. For $350 you can't beat it but we will see how they hold up.

Old 05-11-15, 06:09 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks a million times better than the other eBay headlights.

Any chance we could get a picture with the lights off or one from a different angle?

Either way I'm considering buying these now!
Old 05-11-15, 06:35 PM
jediroger
Rookie

Looks great! Thanks for being one of the first (if not the first) to post up pictures on ClubLexus.

Few questions: Any plans to convert to a H7 HID kit? Does the LED DRL turn on when you set it to auto mode or only when the lights are turned on?

p.s hawt looking IS!
Old 05-11-15, 08:12 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Not bad; I wish they have more LEDs to make the light more connected (it looks like the Honda LEDs with those spacing).
Old 05-11-15, 08:20 PM
SGMISF
Rookie

Are the leds bright enough against sunlight? Fitment looks good from the one pic, definitely an improvement from the first version.
Old 05-12-15, 03:03 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

This was in auto mode so they are always on. Fitment is great. The body shop said they are some of the best ebay headlights they've done and they have been in business for 20+ years. Of course they could blow up tomorrow haha
nosurprise, the led's are pretty close. I think they picture is separating them more. Does that make sense? You see how the passenger side is closer than the drivers? I was afraid of the honda accord look too but it looks better in person.
jediroger, no HID kit for me. I'm upgrading from the OEM halogen so i'm satisfied and I'm running out of room in my engine bay haha
I'll have better pictures this Saturday at a show. If anyone is interested, here is the link. dt_moto sent them fast and the packaging was great! Offer him $351, that's the lowest he would go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131477744249
Old 05-12-15, 04:57 AM
jediroger
Rookie

This was in auto mode so they are always on. Fitment is great. The body shop said they are some of the best ebay headlights they've done and they have been in business for 20+ years. Of course they could blow up tomorrow haha
nosurprise, the led's are pretty close. I think they picture is separating them more. Does that make sense? You see how the passenger side is closer than the drivers? I was afraid of the honda accord look too but it looks better in person.
jediroger, no HID kit for me. I'm upgrading from the OEM halogen so i'm satisfied and I'm running out of room in my engine bay haha
I'll have better pictures this Saturday at a show. If anyone is interested, here is the link. dt_moto sent them fast and the packaging was great! Offer him $351, that's the lowest he would go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131477744249
Thanks again Daileycon!

I'm currently on the stock HID system w/AFS and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a plug and play H7 hid kit?

I know I'm going to lose the AFS functionality when I upgrade my headlights (OEM version of this version) but I'm hoping to figure out a way to disable that annoying light haha.

-Roger
Old 05-12-15, 06:15 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jediroger
Thanks again Daileycon!
I know I'm going to lose the AFS functionality when I upgrade my headlights (OEM version of this version) but I'm hoping to figure out a way to disable that annoying light haha.
I blocked out the AFS light completely when I did my OEM headlamp install. I opened the instrument cluster and blocked the light right at the root so it doesn't travel up the acrylic. Here are some pics:

A friend of mine recently installed the new version aftermarkets and to be honest I much prefer OEM. The aftermarket ones look very aftermarket.

Here are some pics of my OEM headlamp install from back in summer 2013. I purchased one brand new from my dealership at a discounted price and the other was second-hand:

Last edited by ahmed24; 05-12-15 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-14-15, 11:24 AM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Daileycon for being the first (or one of the first) to post. It does look a lot better than the first version. I would pull the trigger to purchase but I have stock OEM HIDs so I don't think it would work on my car as it's for halogen only?
Old 05-14-15, 01:13 PM
jblanco222
Driver School Candidate

subscribed! I've been waiting to see these installed, i think they look great for the price. please post more pictures when you get the chance, I just want to see them during daytime before i pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: Ebay LED DRL headlamps