F-Sport Mesh Grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-14, 10:44 AM
Schneid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Mesh Grille

Hey everyone,

Just got a 2011 IS 350 the other week and I'm loving it. I'm new to this forum as well. I want to replace the stock grille with the F-Sport mesh grille. The only place I've found the mesh grille is on Sewell Lexus for a stout $280. Has anyone else found this grille elsewhere cheaper? I see the 06-08 replica of the grille all over eBay but he 2011 model seems to be somewhat rare. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'm considering swapping out the chrome grille surround for the F-Sport surround as I've read that it is more of black pearl than chrome color. Though it looks the same online as far as I can tell. If anyone has seen one in person and can confirm that it is noticeably darker than the stock chrome I might consider swapping that out as well.

Last edited by Schneid; 02-22-14 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-22-14, 12:19 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

The grille is only offered from Lexus, so you'll need to buy it from somewhere that sells Lexus parts, Sewell is probably one of (if not the) cheapest places you will find it. Make sure your Sewell account is linked to a forum account so you get the discount. The grille is only $199 with the ClubLexus discount from Sewell.

The surround is definitely darker on F-Sport cars, but not by that much, you pretty much need to have them side by side to be able to tell the difference, or be looking specifically for it.

Jeff
Old 02-22-14, 02:36 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sewell would be the cheapest option unless you have a wholesalers account with your local Lexus dealer.
Old 02-22-14, 03:41 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your other option is to try and price match the grille at your local Lexus dealer. It worked for me several times.
Old 02-22-14, 07:35 PM
Schneid
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the input guys. I'll see if my dealer can price match if not I'll just get the grille from Sewell.

I'm strongly considering painting the grille surround black or a dark grey myself (my body color is smoky granite mica), as I think it would give the car a slightly more aggressive look. Lexus just really messed up the design of the stock grille, one of the ugliest out there in my opinion and that's why I'm changing it!
Old 04-30-14, 02:05 PM
Bucknasty7
Driver School Candidate

Schneid......

Like you I just got my Obsidian Black 2011 IS 350 AWD a few weeks ago and love it. I read your post and it appears that Sewell Parts is the site to go to get best prices via being a ClubLexus member. With that being said, I'm trying to decide and get some input on the differences with the Carbon Fiber or the F-Sport Grille? I see that you were interested in the F-Sport grille. Did you consider the Carbon Fiber one as well? Prices seem to indicate that the Carbon Fiber is about $50 more. What confused me is that it says in the description that the F-Sport doesn't include the Lexus emblem. So you have to buy the emblem seperate....is this true? The Carbon Fiber description says nothing of not including the emblem. I find all of this strange and would hope I could get some clarification. The F-Sport grille pic maintains the chrome lining around while the Carbon Fiber has a dark(black)lining. You mentioned painting the grille black instead of the chrome lining which is exactly why I'm considering the Carbon Fiber option instead. What is your take and if you purchased do you have any pics? Was removing current grille and installing the new one an easy process? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-30-14, 07:22 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Smoky Granite Mica as well. Instead of painting, I had someone wrap the grille surround in dark gray smoke vinyl, which made it into a black pearl color.
Old 05-02-14, 12:25 AM
sheltop225
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know what the difference is in the stock 2011 bumper and the f-sport bumper? besides the grill and fog light spoilers...sewell has a part number for the bumper and then a different number for f-sport equipped...
Old 05-02-14, 09:10 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

The F-Sport one has holes for where the front lower spoiler pieces fit. The regular one does not.

Jeff
Old 05-05-14, 07:45 AM
Schneid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bucknasty7
Schneid......

Like you I just got my Obsidian Black 2011 IS 350 AWD a few weeks ago and love it. I read your post and it appears that Sewell Parts is the site to go to get best prices via being a ClubLexus member. With that being said, I'm trying to decide and get some input on the differences with the Carbon Fiber or the F-Sport Grille? I see that you were interested in the F-Sport grille. Did you consider the Carbon Fiber one as well? Prices seem to indicate that the Carbon Fiber is about $50 more. What confused me is that it says in the description that the F-Sport doesn't include the Lexus emblem. So you have to buy the emblem seperate....is this true? The Carbon Fiber description says nothing of not including the emblem. I find all of this strange and would hope I could get some clarification. The F-Sport grille pic maintains the chrome lining around while the Carbon Fiber has a dark(black)lining. You mentioned painting the grille black instead of the chrome lining which is exactly why I'm considering the Carbon Fiber option instead. What is your take and if you purchased do you have any pics? Was removing current grille and installing the new one an easy process? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Buck,

Are you referring to the carbon fiber surround? I don't see an actual carbon fiber grill on Sewell's website.

As far as the emblem goes, I don't believe when you purchase a grill from Sewell they come with a new emblem. You have to to remove it from your current grill. I've seen some threads on here of guys doing this, they use 3M double-sided tape to reapply the emblem to the new grill and it works out perfect it seems.

As you can guess by now I haven't swapped grills yet, just haven't got around to it but should be doing so by the end of this month. It seems to be a pretty easy process, Sewell has a PDF you can download of step-by-step instructions for the install which looks pretty helpful.

I'm not planning on purchasing a new surround. If I'm going to modify it I'll probably take Wunko's approach and apply a dark grey wrap around it to give it that dark pearl color.
Old 05-06-14, 10:09 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed mine , 2010 year grille . Just share how it looks , Be honest i luv it the way it look now with F sport grille .

Cant upload the pic
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Mesh Grille-image-2984920072.jpg  

Last edited by Leowaxx; 05-07-14 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-13-14, 06:39 AM
kodavis
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leowaxx
Just installed mine , 2010 year grille . Just share how it looks , Be honest i luv it the way it look now with F sport grille .

Cant upload the pic
I think it looks great! Did you use the Lexus emblem from the stock grille and if so, does it just snap in or did you have to rig it somehow?
Old 05-13-14, 10:21 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kodavis
I think it looks great! Did you use the Lexus emblem from the stock grille and if so, does it just snap in or did you have to rig it somehow?
Ya i used my stock lexus emblem . Just snap it slowly & carefuly. Usualy thy put some glue / double sided 3M tape .
Good luck