IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-16, 10:09 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kolyan
Some people say they stared to have issues after they replaced the fluid? I mean I read this before in other forums that replacing tranny fluid sometimes is not a good idea. I wonder which one is it since my wifes IS350 is near 60k now.

Another thing is getting a used low miles tranny vs getting everything rebuild. I always wondered what's better? I was recently quoted $1600 for rebuild on a Ford car by the way...
The only way is seen problems is if you get it flushed out without changing the filter, when you flush it out all the crap gets stuck in the filter causing low pressure and all sorts of problems. Also if you don't use OEM recommended fluid. A lot of company's will say on the bottle that they will work for your car but won't hold up.
Old 02-19-16, 10:19 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Damage from a front-end collision I assume? Hope that fixes everything!
Yes it was hit in the front at one point.

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Thank for updates. You get the solenoid from Lexus dealer?
Still annoyed's were OEM swapped out of a low mileage unit with a broken bell housing. It had 9K on it from my old is250. I tested them all and all worked great.
Old 03-14-16, 11:17 PM
Nexgen714
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation my 06 is250 Trans

Originally Posted by whitebeast
If you're in OC, pm me so I could help you out what code you have and what need to replace
hello i have a question about my car i am having the same problem as everyone else in this post can you help me out i live in OC Fullerton here is my 714-420-2417 i would truly appreciate it thanks
Old 03-15-16, 09:29 AM
dkobryant
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what's your code?
Are there any obvious symptoms?
Old 03-15-16, 12:48 PM
Nexgen714
Driver School Candidate

Default Is250 trans

Originally Posted by dkobryant
what's your code?
Are there any obvious symptoms?
I have a few codes that came up
P2714
P0751
P0761

The cAR runs good but sometimes it does not want to shift after 3rd gear I would have to Come to a complete stop and put in park and them put on drive and It normally drives fine no gears grinding or slipping but some times it does not even goto 5th and 6th
Old 03-15-16, 01:38 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^When it doesn't want to up-shift past 3rd, try putting it into "Sport" mode and up-shift using the paddles or the gear selector itself.
Old 03-15-16, 03:08 PM
Nexgen714
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
^When it doesn't want to up-shift past 3rd, try putting it into "Sport" mode and up-shift using the paddles or the gear selector itself.
Yes I have been using the shift paddle or I do put it in sport mode

It's rare when it does not want to shift using the sport mode or using the shift paddle
I have also erased the code by unplugging the battery and it resets everything and it runs fine but then after 50 Miles I get the code back p0761
Old 03-25-16, 06:12 AM
Ksmilez
Driver School Candidate

Default Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission

I'm having the exact same issues. The scariest thing is making a U-turn and then having to put your car in reverse and it says self while incoming traffic is coming super dangerous it's happened to me a couple times already before I knew what the issue!!! I also contacted the corporate office and they were unable to provide any type of financial assistance! When before when I took my car to be serviced at the dealership a representative told me it was a way that they could pay for the replacement. At they have my car for several weeks they told me I should get my fuel pump changed even though nothing was wrong with it that was going to cost me more if it ever breaks because of the location so they charge me extra to fix that and the pistons replaced and top engine cleaned. The problem quickly returned!!! I am still very unhappy! I started having the problem around October 2015 until right now today's current date March 25, 2016. I do have high miles because I love my car I love driving my car I have almost 170,000 miles with no issues until now. I got my car serviced regularly. I let them do everything only to find I'm doing all of that Only at the dealership ( which is supposed to be safer our trust worthy for a lady) and get hit with a huge unexpected expense that they knew about in is choosing not to assist!!!!
I guess the representative forgot that he told me it was a way they could cover it as he already knew all the issues I was having... he finished every sentence. This is a known issue with them and they are choosing not to correct this it... Assuming that it's extremely expensive, however when people get pissed off and start by Mercedes or BMW Then I'm sure a change will come when they notice sales are decreasing.
I'm sure everyone on this message board Love their IS! And is very disappointed with this known issue . I think corporate should at least pay something for this issue. Lexes once had the reputation a Lexes would last for ever or as long as you wanted it to and now that statement is not true disappointing and extremely dissatisfied 🤔🤔☹️☹️☹️☹️😠 Meanwhile I'm getting all these messages from the dealership that my car is in high demand and I should upgrade!!!! SMH😐😟🤔☹️😠☹️😤😤😤😤

QUOTE=lexuslivin;8368047]My 2006 IS250 now has about 158k miles on it. I've been having the issue (like many others) where when I come to a stoplight sometimes the car feels like it's about the shut off (but it doesn't shut off). It kind of stutters.

I took it into the dealer about a year ago and they replaced the pistons and did a top engine cleaning, free of charge. The car ran better for a couple months, but then it went back to how it was before (stuttering at stops/idle).

Then several months ago my Check VSC Light starting to come on. It would be on for a while (ie., a couple hundred miles) and then turn off for a couple hundred miles. Then, it started to get progressively worse where the check engine light would be on the majority of the time. So I bought a OBDII reader and got this error:

P2757: Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

I did some research and it looked like it's a transmission issue, and my transmission might need replacing (or rebuilding at the very least). I didn't want to pay that much so I pushed it off.

Then last week, I met someone at a lunch event who had a 2006 IS250 with about 140k miles. He said he was experiencing the EXACT SAME ISSUES:
1. Car stutters at stops/idle.
2. He took it into and got the pistons replaced and top engine cleaned. The problem quickly returned.
3. He started getting a Check VSC Light that would come on and off, and it eventually started to be on the majority of the time.
4. The engine error code was P2757.
5. He took it into the dealer and they changed to transmission oil which didn't help.
6. The dealer finally recommended replacing the transmission and asked for $5000. He said there was no way he was going to pay that. He had the service manager contact corporate and after some back and forth, corporate offered to pay for parts and he ended up paying for labor.

So, after hearing his story I went into my dealer and after paying $134 for a diagnosis, they told me the error code was P2757: Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Performance or Stuck Off, which I already knew. They said I needed to replace my transmission which would cost $5100.

I told them I wasn't going to pay that much, and that I felt the problem was related to the engine issues that Lexus was trying to solve by replacing pistons but it's actually a transmission issue. My car still stutters at idle/stops even after the pistons were replaced. I'm thinking it's a transmission issue and that the 2006 IS250 has a faulty transmission. I asked my service advisor to contact corporate and ask them to pay for parts and I would pay for labor. Corporate declined my request and now I'm thinking of contacting Corporate myself.

But I'd like to get some feedback from others to see if anybody else has been experiencing the stuttering at idle/stops and if changing the pistons actually fixed the problem or not. Or if the problem might be related to the transmission. And if anybody out there has had the Check VSC Light on (with P2757 error).

Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-16, 10:53 AM
sb217fo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if anybody out there has had the Check VSC Light on (with P2757 error).

I had..among few another tannns codes...change solenoid,try oil change,tranns filter,pcm update...nothing help.Didn´t see someone actually resolve this problem.Found used tranns and change
Old 03-27-16, 10:25 PM
imdrax
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

UPDATE: after both my 150k+ mile lexus cars (2006 IS350, 2006 GS300) were having this code pop up here is where they are at.

2006 IS350 - code would come on within 100 miles after clearing but no noticeable symptoms from transmission just the code. Did a full 12qt flush but code persisted. Replaced both the TCC & SLU sensors and the code has been off for 2000+ miles now, running perfect.

2006 GS300 - code would pop up every couple hundred miles and transmission was very faulty after car was warmed up. Driving cold the tranny would shift fine but as soon as it warmed up the tranny would never want to stay in 1st. If i was stopped and started to go it would get to 1500rpm and immedietly shift up to 2nd and then to 3rd, way to early. Stop and go traffic was terrible and parking garages or slow speed the car was jerky and all over the place. Flushed tranny full 12qt, no change, same symptoms. Replaced JUST the TCC solenoid and the code went away and stayed off for 1000+ miles but tranny problems persisted. Just replaced the SLU solenoid last week and immediately the transmission is shifting completely normal. No jerking, stalling, drives like brand new. 200 miles in and looking good. will update after a couple thousand.
Old 03-27-16, 10:30 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imdrax
UPDATE: after both my 150k+ mile lexus cars (2006 IS350, 2006 GS300) were having this code pop up here is where they are at.

2006 IS350 - code would come on within 100 miles after clearing but no noticeable symptoms from transmission just the code. Did a full 12qt flush but code persisted. Replaced both the TCC & SLU sensors and the code has been off for 2000+ miles now, running perfect.

2006 GS300 - code would pop up every couple hundred miles and transmission was very faulty after car was warmed up. Driving cold the tranny would shift fine but as soon as it warmed up the tranny would never want to stay in 1st. If i was stopped and started to go it would get to 1500rpm and immedietly shift up to 2nd and then to 3rd, way to early. Stop and go traffic was terrible and parking garages or slow speed the car was jerky and all over the place. Flushed tranny full 12qt, no change, same symptoms. Replaced JUST the TCC solenoid and the code went away and stayed off for 1000+ miles but tranny problems persisted. Just replaced the SLU solenoid last week and immediately the transmission is shifting completely normal. No jerking, stalling, drives like brand new. 200 miles in and looking good. will update after a couple thousand.
good info. I have 06 250 with 153k miles so im trying to prevent this before it gets worse. how did you do full trans fliid change ok the 350 if its sealed, did you take it to dealer with the pump? also if you dont mind me asking what was the total charge for the fluid change plus replacing the sensors? thank you
Old 03-27-16, 11:31 PM
imdrax
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsa
good info. I have 06 250 with 153k miles so im trying to prevent this before it gets worse. how did you do full trans fliid change ok the 350 if its sealed, did you take it to dealer with the pump? also if you dont mind me asking what was the total charge for the fluid change plus replacing the sensors? thank you
Had Toyota flush the Gs300 for $175. Did 4 drain and fills on the is350 myself.
Old 03-28-16, 04:29 PM
is250uk
Driver School Candidate

hi guys. unfortunatly new code just came.error code /p0894 transmission component slipping/ on my is250 07 automatic gearbox
and transmission stop shifting after 4th gear.when the code was clean the transmission worked perfect like before. but after 30 mile it came again and not shifting again.any ideas?
clutch converter?
solenoid?
or completely death gearbox?

before that trouble i had only error code p2757-slu solenoid. i replaced the slu solenoid and the fluid twice and everything was fine almost 500mi

what do you think?
thanks in advance

Last edited by is250uk; 03-28-16 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 08:21 AM
LexHes
Driver

Originally Posted by imdrax

GOOD TO HEAR! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

1 question,, Do you have the part number for the TCC solenoid?
Old 04-03-16, 05:31 PM
LexHes
Driver

Replaced SLU Solenoid yesterday.... 53 miles later... Car won't shift past 5th.. then wouldn't shift past 3rd.
Stopped and pulled codes P2714 and P0894

Next step to replace SLT solenoid and transmission filter??? And get dealer to perform refresh on TCM????

I am getting married next week and I ain't got time for this!!! LOL

Anybody have any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission