IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 01:12 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I am sick of all this BS....BMW doing the same thing.....every fluid is lifetime, manual transmission, LSD differential. On Honda manual says 30k for manual tranny and 15k for LSD.
Old 06-23-16, 01:16 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

google "blackstone oil analysis". you can send in samples of oil like engine oil, tranny oil, etc and they test it to see how contaminated it is. you'll probably need help reading the results though. call them and let them know you want to know if you should change your fluids and what your next step should be. i myself have never used the servic
Old 06-25-16, 07:58 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i will say again as i said in other post, Whoever thinks transmission fluids dont need to be change IS AN I D I O T , if you listen to dealership REP you're R E T A R D E D, i said the same thing to my brother and friend, every fluids need to be changed in time usually 20k miles or 30k KM or once a year, including your Trans and Diff case fluid, Engine Oil every 3k mile or 5k KM

use only Synthetic type or equivalent to MOBILE 1 oil, i just got my Lexus for a year now and the stupid previous owner never changed anything nor fluids yesterday i did 2nd time Transmission after 2 weeks period , fluid change, i probably FLUSH and CHANGE FILTER in FALL, yes i have gear surging and hunting at low speed and it is getting better and much better after Transmission fluid changed.

i don't know why dealership tells you it's a sealed unit no need to replace ? and there are DRAIN OVERFLOW AND REFILL bolt caps under your transmission fluid pan, USA Lexus Techs need to go back to school ! it's a nature that nothing will last forever EVEN LOVE ? am i right ?
The following users liked this post:
ECTpwr (09-01-20)
Old 06-27-16, 02:11 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
i will say again as i said in other post, Whoever thinks transmission fluids dont need to be change IS AN I D I O T , if you listen to dealership REP you're R E T A R D E D, i said the same thing to my brother and friend, every fluids need to be changed in time usually 20k miles or 30k KM or once a year, including your Trans and Diff case fluid, Engine Oil every 3k mile or 5k KM

use only Synthetic type or equivalent to MOBILE 1 oil, i just got my Lexus for a year now and the stupid previous owner never changed anything nor fluids yesterday i did 2nd time Transmission after 2 weeks period , fluid change, i probably FLUSH and CHANGE FILTER in FALL, yes i have gear surging and hunting at low speed and it is getting better and much better after Transmission fluid changed.

i don't know why dealership tells you it's a sealed unit no need to replace ? and there are DRAIN OVERFLOW AND REFILL bolt caps under your transmission fluid pan, USA Lexus Techs need to go back to school ! it's a nature that nothing will last forever EVEN LOVE ? am i right ?
Did you just insult half of the people on here?
JRcanuck (03-13-23)
Old 06-28-16, 07:07 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRivera250
Did you just insult half of the people on here?
lol you said that not me hahaha
Old 08-16-16, 04:14 PM
delt484
Driver School Candidate

New to the groups but this is the issue I had last week and the fix...hopefully
VSC came on...
Codes read...

P0751 shift sol "a" performance or stuckoff

P2714 Press control sol "d" perf or stuckoff in fail safe

The transmission shop "AAMCO" who I am friends with refused to just fix the 2, said from the past only fixing 2 never fixes it. He was able to get a remanufactured valve body w/ solenoids shipped in 2 days later from Michigan. Cost for part and labor ran me $1100.

Hope this helps and any questions let me know. He also agreed that the 350 is rare to see major transmission issues.

Thanks,
Joe
mextreme (12-11-21)
Old 08-16-16, 04:22 PM
punklexus
Rookie

Okay So I got the VSC check light on a preowned vehicle I purchased two weeks ago. It's 2007 IS250. I however disconnected and reconnected and it is gone now. Should I worry ?
Old 08-16-16, 04:34 PM
delt484
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by punklexus
Okay So I got the VSC check light on a preowned vehicle I purchased two weeks ago. It's 2007 IS250. I however disconnected and reconnected and it is gone now. Should I worry ?
From reading all the threads it seems that it will reoccur,but hopefully not. my 2 cents
Old 08-16-16, 05:35 PM
punklexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by delt484
From reading all the threads it seems that it will reoccur,but hopefully not. my 2 cents
I have not full payment to the dealer. Should I make the complain to him and get fixed anything ?
Old 10-01-16, 08:15 AM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by punklexus
You simply just cleared the ECU, which cleared the check light. Even if your left the VSC check light on and will eventually clear itself, but then come back on eventually.
Old 10-01-16, 08:28 AM
sb217fo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DRivera250
You simply just cleared the ECU, which cleared the check light. Even if your left the VSC check light on and will eventually clear itself, but then come back on eventually.
exactly...go find workshop and read error code before you make some damage
Old 10-02-16, 12:10 AM
illtres50
Driver School Candidate

Here is my experience with the dreaded p2757 code. My car would constantly shutter while shifting from park to drive and at times it would stall completely. I also noticed that the cars performance was affected, it felt very sluggish. I initially replaced the tcc solenoid and it did not eliminate the code but i I noticed my car wouldn't shutter as much and it would no longer stall. Shortly after, I replaced the slu solenoid and it immediately eliminated the code and all the issues.. the car ran like new again. I clocked in nearly 3,000 miles with no reoccurring issues before trading in my is350 for a gs350 f sport. I've been told by my service advisor that replacing the solenoids is a 50/50 chance for a cure. In my opinion, I think it's worth rolling the dice as it worked for me. Hope this helps!!
Old 02-06-17, 09:52 AM
jehmin
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexHes
I tried replacing the solenoid out but didn't work, actually made the condition worse.
Im assuming you got the solenoid changed? How do you know it was the correct to change?
I think there is a total of 9 solenoids. So how do you know it was the correct one you changed? What were all the codes you were getting? What if it needed another to be replaced?
Can anyone else give me some additional information if you dont mind. My story is below.

2006 IS 250
Second Owner since 130,000 Miles. Now 177K
Since Owning
Has Cylinder Misfires ( When Purchased)
Alleviated by Lexus Engine Top Service CleaningChanged Water Pump ( Reduced cost while getting the top engine cleaned) Transmission fluid changedAdded New alternator ( Original Failed after good Use not at the dealer)Sometime after the service program my engine had Torque Converter Issues.When I would put my car in reverse after driving for a bit the engine might shut off.The torque converter problem lead to harsh shifting in the mid gears 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.After prolonged use It might not go past 3rd gear and at 60MPH I would be going about 4000RPM instead of the normal 1500 to 2000. If you clear the code sometimes it will temporarily alleviate issue. One time putting into sport mode helped the transition into higher gears. That trick stopped working after awhile. The codes on my car are as follows.
P2757
P0761
P0981
P0B14
P0D57
Old 02-06-17, 10:09 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by puhz
I've noticed this issue seems to be mostly on the 250's. I have an '06 IS350 with 115,000 miles. My Lexus tech says it's common on the 250's but he's never had to replace a transmission on a 350, but it could be because 350's are much rarer out here. Has anyone had an issue with their 350 tranny? Just wondering if it's something I should be concerned with in the future, a $3000-5000 repair would be the end of the car I think for me.
I've never seen a 350 around here, every single IS is 250. So that would explain why it's not common on 350s. My dealer also keeps saying that it's not a common issue and they don't have anyone coming in with tranny problems, but who in the right mind would go to Lexus dealer to replace a tranny on a car with over 100k miles? So of course they never heard anything on this.

I am still planning on doing a complete tranny flush next month. I am hoping Lexus techs can do it for that $250 or so.
Old 02-06-17, 10:16 AM
flynryan
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We bought a 07 Is350 and the previous owner tried replacing all the solenoids 1st. It didnt help the tranny so I ended up replacing it with a used one. I took off all of the new solenoids just to have on hand in case I had any problems with the new tranny but everything is working great. Tranny went at 125k miles

Quick Reply: Check VSC Light - need to replace transmission