IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

In need of some camber?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 09:10 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So after driving my car around with my new coils and aggressive wheels, decided that I will have to do some camber to avoid all rubbing... My question is what do I need to get some camber for my car, secondly how much is it going to cost me trying to stay on a tight budget here, can I install them myself? For now I am only going to do the rear the front will be good once I remove the fender liner and tab relocation... All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has some camber arms you would like to get rid of please let me know, taking a trip to UT to visit family in April would like to get all this done by then
Attached Thumbnails In need of some camber?-image-342389711.jpg  
Old 01-29-14, 09:11 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

This is my current set up
Attached Thumbnails In need of some camber?-image-3653745596.jpg  
Old 01-29-14, 09:17 PM
HellaInc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get megan uca's for like 200-300 and control arms for the front run 350-450... You can diy, or getting it installed at a shop shouldn't cost too much. Or you can get custom vip lca's from FIGs for even more camber adjustment... You must be rubbing like crazy.
Old 01-29-14, 09:34 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Well in the rear only when I go in dips, I know the lower I go the more negative camber I get but for now just wanted to try some more negative camber in the rear to sto that rubbing, the front as of now not too worried about getting arms just going to keep it stock and lower it maybe another 1/8-1/4" after removing a portion of the liner and relocating the tabs on saturday morning
Old 01-29-14, 09:45 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

The rears are easy, the fronts a little harder. I did them myself when I installed my coilovers. Its kind of hard to see the camber in the rear in this pic.
Attached Thumbnails In need of some camber?-front-uca-and-rca-001-800x531-.jpg   In need of some camber?-lowered-car-013-800x531-.jpg   In need of some camber?-new-years-day-2014-013-800x531-.jpg  
Old 01-29-14, 10:02 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Well after I finish moding my front fenders this will be my next project, will start looking for the rear camber arms to get the best price on them, unless I can find someone willing to sell theirs... The rear looks pretty simple, thanks for the pics
Old 01-29-14, 10:23 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Well after I finish moding my front fenders this will be my next project, will start looking for the rear camber arms to get the best price on them, unless I can find someone willing to sell theirs... The rear looks pretty simple, thanks for the pics
I used circuit motor sports, great price, fast shipping, great customer service and they are a CL vendor. I purchased my BC BR coilovers from them also.
Old 01-29-14, 11:59 PM
Kentchup
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Front you can get away with going lower and that will add more natural camber and yeah rears are pretty simple just make sure to go to autozone to rent a fork remover for the ball joint. Seen a couple of rear camber arms on the for sale thread not to long ago, some more might pop up

Last edited by Kentchup; 01-30-14 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-30-14, 04:20 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kentchup
Front you can get away with going lower and that will add more natural camber and yeah rears are pretty simple just make sure to go to autozone to rent a fork remover for the ball joint. Seen a couple of rear camber arms on the for sale thread not to long ago, some more might pop up
I saw them too will keep looking, is there a DIY for this yet? Would love to see pictures of how to use that tool, do they also rent fender rolling tool?
Old 01-30-14, 04:22 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Roll and pull if you haven't yet. Might also shave the rear bumper tab down if you rub there.
Old 01-30-14, 04:29 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by laobo979
Roll and pull if you haven't yet. Might also shave the rear bumper tab down if you rub there.
Already rolled... What rear Bumper tab I know about the one up front that im doing this weekend and replacing with PASSWORD JDM bumper fasteners
Old 01-30-14, 07:30 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't even need the the ball joint seperator, just loosen the nut till it is even with the stud and give the end of the stud a wack with a hammer. I reused the nut from the stock arm as it has a better built in washer. Adjust the new arm to the same length as the old arm and then make it a little shorter to start with then go from there. Make sure you loosen both lock nuts and unscrew both ends the same before you install. The inside is left hand threads so after it is installed you loosen the jam nuts and turn the center of the arm to shorten or lengthen then tighten the jam nuts to secure the length. It is very easy.
Old 01-30-14, 07:58 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jgr7
I didn't even need the the ball joint seperator, just loosen the nut till it is even with the stud and give the end of the stud a wack with a hammer. I reused the nut from the stock arm as it has a better built in washer. Adjust the new arm to the same length as the old arm and then make it a little shorter to start with then go from there. Make sure you loosen both lock nuts and unscrew both ends the same before you install. The inside is left hand threads so after it is installed you loosen the jam nuts and turn the center of the arm to shorten or lengthen then tighten the jam nuts to secure the length. It is very easy.
Thanks man, this will be my next purchase around March so hopefully someone will post thiers on here
Old 01-30-14, 10:07 AM
static250
Driver

if you decide to DIY make sure to get an alignment asap as you will see some major tire wear without alignment. I would suggest getting a shop to install the camber arms.
Old 01-30-14, 10:32 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by static250
if you decide to DIY make sure to get an alignment asap as you will see some major tire wear without alignment. I would suggest getting a shop to install the camber arms.
Yeah im going to do them myself then have Lexus do an alignment on it

Quick Reply: In need of some camber?