IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please help to locate this so i can seafoam it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-14, 08:16 AM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help to locate this so i can seafoam it..

Hi, i bought 2 cans of seafoam. i know where the gas tank and place to fill in your new oil. But where is the vaccum line? is it the valve connect to the intake? i am not sure? i already fill a whole can of seafoam into the gas tank and for the oil i will do it for my next oil change. So the only place left is to fill 6oz of it into the vaccum line and i have been searching all over the internet and couldn't find the location of it for my lexus is250 ... Don't want to fill it in the wrong place . i know vaccum line is a hose but don't know the exact location ... Please if you have picture to point it out..
Reason i wanted to seafoam because the rpm is idel when i wanted to accelerate. I have to release the gas pedal for it to kick in the next gear. it is wear and i believe something is built up in the injection and my car eats a lot of gas. i also posted the gas problem in my prevision ... i only get 280 mileages in my 2010 lexus is250 awd

Thank you everybody
Old 01-25-14, 08:43 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you are looking for the vacuum hose that goes into the Brake Booster. If you are, it should be on the driver side of the engine and it goes from the brake booster to the side of the intake assy (black plastic on top of the engine).
Good luck but i think you might have bigger issue with your valve and it wont be fixed by just seafoam. Do a search and see other with similar problems/fixes.
Old 01-25-14, 09:39 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are a bit confused my friend. You are looking for an "it", like the vacuum line is a singular thing. Your is250 probably has at least 4 or 5 vacuum lines. All these will run from the intake manifold to various places. 1 for the brake booster, 1 for the evap canister, 1 for the PCV valve. Look under the hood of your car. There will be a label under the hood that looks something like this. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-diagram.html
In the upper left corner of the label you'll see it says "2JZ-GE" This is the old IS 300 motor. Your label will have "4GR-FSE". That should have a rough diagram of the hoses.
BTW in my opinion, if you have under 100k miles, you are probably wasting your time trying to suck seafoam through all these vacuum lines. Spend the same amount of time buying these very inexpensive pieces of vacuum line at the parts store and replace them if you are that worried about carbon buildup.....
Old 01-25-14, 11:29 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your car is under warranty. Take it to the dealership.
Old 01-25-14, 12:05 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

it should be in the same spot as most cars you've own. you're viet so I doubt you owned any "American" car (no offense to anybody). if you had a Honda, acura, or whatever previously that's japanese, it's in the same spot behind the firewall in the engine bay on the driver side. didn't know people still seafoam on this particular vehicle.
Old 01-25-14, 10:38 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD
it should be in the same spot as most cars you've own. you're viet so I doubt you owned any "American" car (no offense to anybody). if you had a Honda, acura, or whatever previously that's japanese, it's in the same spot behind the firewall in the engine bay on the driver side. didn't know people still seafoam on this particular vehicle.
Seafoam is not bad since this car has that Carbon issue...

Other than that, I don't understand why there is a new thread everyday for people from up north freaking out about bad gas milage. Its normal on ANY car to get lower MPG during winter time. My GF prius gets 52 MPG in the summer but gets like 38-42 in the winter. Its normal. Also members need to know no not always trust that tank til empty on the dash, it changes everytime you start your car depending on driving style. Ive seen my car just filled up say 250 til empty, hop on the highway, drive like 80 miles and then the next time i restarted my car, it says 290. I live in NY and i still regularly get 340+ mpg regardless of what my dash says
Old 01-26-14, 01:17 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So im at 90000 miles on my lexus and i've only seafoamed the gas tank, my question though, is it a good idea to seafoam through a vacuum line? Specially a Lexus, i've done it to an older car like a 98 rodeo I used to have but a Lexus hhhhmmmm just wondering if its a good idea
Old 02-02-14, 08:48 AM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Talking

My car used to be 16 mpg total 280 miles on range approx but it got less than that. I did the seafoam didn't change much either. Guess what? The whole problem was the Muffler exhaust.. I was bored and didn't know what to do. Since i got a good deal on a almost brand new HKS hi power exhaust. I went to Moros and have them replace the other exhaust for me. My Is250 awd 2010 now 19mpg. I shouldn't done that 3 months away. due to winter i don't want the corrosin on my hks hi power exhaust XD. Well i am very happy with it. i hope after i fill up the car. it will go pass 300 miles on range approx. I can see the different now. The sound is better too.
Old 09-20-14, 11:41 PM
isbbq
Driver

done the misfire recall 2 yrs ago, today I seafoam my 92k is250....1/3 vacuum line and 2/3 gas tank...no smoke
Old 09-21-14, 07:26 AM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by isbbq
done the misfire recall 2 yrs ago, today I seafoam my 92k is250....1/3 vacuum line and 2/3 gas tank...no smoke
Did you let it sit for at least 15 to 30 mins before turn on the car?

First you have to have someone to step the gas pedal at 1000 rpm while the vacuum sucking in the seafoam liquid . Then turn on the engine and pour the rest into the gas tank. Wait for 15-30 mins. turn on the car you will see the result. Check the video on their website for more detail.
Old 09-21-14, 11:36 AM
isbbq
Driver

Originally Posted by vietboy1st
Did you let it sit for at least 15 to 30 mins before turn on the car?

First you have to have someone to step the gas pedal at 1000 rpm while the vacuum sucking in the seafoam liquid . Then turn on the engine and pour the rest into the gas tank. Wait for 15-30 mins. turn on the car you will see the result. Check the video on their website for more detail.
same steps, but I wait around 10 mins....nothing
Old 09-21-14, 08:15 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's probably floating around in the lines still. I know when I originally did it, It didnt happen at first and then upset driving back to the autostore, there was clouds of smoke behind me
Old 09-22-14, 11:05 PM
isbbq
Driver

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
It's probably floating around in the lines still. I know when I originally did it, It didnt happen at first and then upset driving back to the autostore, there was clouds of smoke behind me
2 days passed...nothing happen...and the line is not long don't think floating inside