IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Competent service department in South Florida? Not Lexus of West Kendall

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 03:42 PM
jordanko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competent service department in South Florida? Not Lexus of West Kendall

Anyone have a suggestion as to a competent service department in South Florida? Just brought my IS 350 convertible to Lexus of West Kendall and they are a disaster.

I am having an issue with my hill assist where sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. The service advisor and "master technician," however, know nothing of the hill assist feature. Instead they claim the blinking light when hill assist is activated is simply a reminder that the traction control system is in proper working order. I would have hoped the "master technician" would have at least as much knowledge as what is outlined in the owner's manual - but I guess not. In his defense, if you don't know the features of a car I guess you can't fix them when they stop working. At the end he admitted all they do is check the computer and if there are no codes they conclude everything is working just fine and mine didn't have any codes.

To make matters worse, for some reason they unscrewed the convertible's AM/FM antenna, lost it, and then gave me the car back without it. When I pointed it out they acted all surprised, told me they'd order one, called me to tell me it would be in "for sure" on Thursday, didn't have it on Thursday, then didn't respond to my voicemails until the following week when I threatened to call corporate.

So - anyone have any suggestions on a competent service department?