IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Plasti Dip Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-13, 08:19 AM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob4256
Can I use plastidip if I can't find a condom? Should work right?
Old 11-21-13, 08:22 AM
JordanXI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just dipped my emblems on my 350 F Sport. They came out great. The key is to be patient. Light coats at different angles, waiting at least 10 minutes between each coat. Takes about 4-5 coats to get a desired look. If you mess up, keep a micro fiber cloth handy and clean up is easy.
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If he dips his car he might not be able to resist lol
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Doesn't take a genius to realize who's actually the adults here after reading all of your posts. You try to justify how great plastidip is by insulting other members resorting to name calling. I don't need to tell you about what I do for a living. You tried to call me spoiled with no facts to back that up with. If I was spoiled I wouldn't have fabricated my own bumper and molded my trunk on both of my 2IS' s. As far as you being in the service what significance is that in this discussion? Are we supposed to bow down to you? No one was poking fun at you. We simply stated our opinions with facts that plastidip is inferior to vinyl wrap and paint. But it's your car if you like it then great. As for me I refuse to spray garbage on my car thanks. Sorry your feelings got hurt. #teamplastidip #diptheworld #plastidipking #sponsoredbyhomedepot
Old 11-21-13, 08:23 AM
asuraIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by bob4256
Sorry excuse for a human being? Yup your a real patriot.

Don't be mad at us because we don't use plastidip dip as much as you. You know what? I need to repaint my garage door so I'll use some plastidip. That should do the trick
lol I am a patriot, just don't tolerate dumbass's that assume someone's a spoiled lil kid , granted yes there's a ton of them but I'm far from being a spoiled kid
Old 11-21-13, 08:30 AM
asuraIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Doesn't take a genius to realize who's actually the adults here after reading all of your posts. You try to justify how great plastidip is by insulting other members resorting to name calling. I don't need to tell you about what I do for a living. You tried to call me spoiled with no facts to back that up with. If I was spoiled I wouldn't have fabricated my own bumper and molded my trunk on both of my 2IS' s. As far as you being in the service what significance is that in this discussion? Are we supposed to bow down to you? No one was poking fun at you. We simply stated our opinions with facts that plastidip is inferior to vinyl wrap and paint. But it's your car if you like it then great. As for me I refuse to spray garbage on my car thanks. Sorry your feelings got hurt. #teamplastidip #diptheworld #plastidipking #sponsoredbyhomedepot
no ones feelings were hurt just stating facts, lol name calling? I do believe u call me an *** for calling you out for bashing, the topic is dip experience not bash every positive dip comment, ya me being in the service is relevant since u want to call me a spoiled kid which was a lil funny to me n my friends BC I called u out on that too, wow you do body work, gtf out of here I've done everything from metal fabrications to body work to fiberglass work so enough with this bs pissing contest n let other forum members post their experience
Old 11-21-13, 08:39 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

You need to go back and read bc no where did I call you any kind of name I simply stated facts that plastidip is cheap and inferior to vinyl and paint. I've been on this forum long enough to know how to conduct myself without resorting to name calling. You make all these claims about winning contests at sema with plastidip and now you do body work too? I have threads to prove my claims. I'd like to see your trophies and metal fabrications you've done. Any bodyman or painter would not believe plastidip is better than vinyl or painting your car. Your feelings are obviously hurt bc you've lashed out at a few of us already for not agreeing with you on this subject. I don't need to say anymore. My point has been proven. Good luck to you and your plastidip. If you really do serve and protect our Country then I hope you grow up a little and learn some respect. Sad to see someone that's supposed to represent our country act like you over a discussion about plastidip.