IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fsport bumper upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 07:11 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
I think i definetly like the fsport bumper the best .. Thanks for the great info guys
Just make sure u don't fake the funk and put f-sport badges lol
Old 11-06-13, 11:42 PM
viprtwo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an ings front lip on my 06. I wanted somthing more compleye than the lip, and didnt care much for the big fog lights. I liked the round ones better. I went back and forth between the isf bumper and the f-sport. Ultimately I went with the f-sport.

It's aggressive and clean. Updates the front of the car nicely.
Old 11-07-13, 03:43 AM
jediroger
Rookie

I did the new '12 bumper/F Sport Lips and F-Sport grill. I love the refreshed look I'm just working on getting the new LED headlights at a reasonable price :-)
Old 11-07-13, 05:23 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iRyan
Just make sure u don't fake the funk and put f-sport badges lol
Lmao.. I like the fsport badges though.. No worries, im not a poser!! Lol
Old 11-07-13, 05:36 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how much did you all pay for your fsport bumpers?
Old 11-07-13, 07:27 PM
showjet95
Rookie

I have an F Sport front bumper for sale with lips, fogs and all, all brand new not gonna ship tho! lol
Old 11-07-13, 08:00 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iRyan
Just make sure u don't fake the funk and put Fsport badges lol
So a non F-sport upgraded w/ most Fsport parts or comparable w/badges VS an Fsport sold with no F sport parts w/ a badge, I would say the latter is more faking the Jamaican. IMO, Do what you want.

Last edited by circuitt; 11-08-13 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-08-13, 04:39 AM
Tarrant64
Pole Position

Originally Posted by circuitt
So a non F-sport upgraded w/ all Fsport parts or comparable w/badges VS an Fsport sold with no F sport parts w/ a badge, I would say the latter is more faking the Jamaican. IMO, Do what you want.
Agreed. If you have all f-sport parts badge it up.
Old 11-08-13, 06:13 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by showjet95
I have an F Sport front bumper for sale with lips, fogs and all, all brand new not gonna ship tho! lol
Lol.. Well if your not willing to ship it wont do me any good than i guess!!
Old 11-08-13, 08:37 AM
viprtwo
Driver

Originally Posted by Tarrant64
Agreed. If you have all f-sport parts badge it up.
What if you only have sway bars and intake? Do you think you need brakes or something before you can rock fsport badges? How about f-spot seats? Lol
Old 11-08-13, 08:44 AM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on you. Realize this, if you're all about the low and you plan on going 20s (maybe 19s also), you won't get that low unless you do a lot of fender work to make fitment work/do aggressive fitment. I have the 2011 F Sport model and that was what bugged me most. Whenever I was next to Josh Vee, Josh Lacs, Henry Lin, Tim Chen, Sophia, Mariano and them, my car was so high compared to them (especially from the sideskirts). Made me feel like my car was at stock height. They all have kits while the F Sport doesn't really add any length. But if you like the look because it's clean and don't care about the low life, go for it!! I loved the F Sport. Since my car got hit, I'm using the chance to try something else.

Add: it was really hard me to let go of my F Sport front even though I had my cons with it as stated above. But of course, I still have all the lips and GFX sides because I know I will go back to it.
Old 11-08-13, 09:43 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yammy
It really depends on you. Realize this, if you're all about the low and you plan on going 20s (maybe 19s also), you won't get that low unless you do a lot of fender work to make fitment work/do aggressive fitment. I have the 2011 F Sport model and that was what bugged me most. Whenever I was next to Josh Vee, Josh Lacs, Henry Lin, Tim Chen, Sophia, Mariano and them, my car was so high compared to them (especially from the sideskirts). Made me feel like my car was at stock height. They all have kits while the F Sport doesn't really add any length. But if you like the look because it's clean and don't care about the low life, go for it!! I loved the F Sport. Since my car got hit, I'm using the chance to try something else.

Add: it was really hard me to let go of my F Sport front even though I had my cons with it as stated above. But of course, I still have all the lips and GFX sides because I know I will go back to it.
Yea, i dont wanna go to low anyway, the roads down these parts are junk!
Old 11-08-13, 12:57 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by viprtwo
What if you only have sway bars and intake? Do you think you need brakes or something before you can rock fsport badges? How about f-spot seats? Lol
Well MOST F-sports not necessarily the brakes, but more common upgrades likes suspension F-Sports/Coils, sways. intake, etc,, I see no reason not to badge it up, but Has to have 2011+ bumper at least, seats.. meh.. liked cooled
Old 11-08-13, 06:10 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
I think i definetly like the fsport bumper the best .. Thanks for the great info guys
Do it, you'll love it. At first I also like the IS-F front but then I wanted to stay with the IS350 so I went with the 12 front upgrade instead. I am glad I did, never look back. This is the before (notice the Wald lip) and after, it's quite a difference,
Attached Thumbnails Fsport bumper upgrade-dsc00146.jpg   Fsport bumper upgrade-dsc00352.jpg  
Old 11-08-13, 06:42 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Holly crap, what a difference! I love the newer, more aggressive, clean, sporty but not to over the top look! Thanks my07is350 for posting!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Fsport bumper upgrade