Intro IS250 from NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-13, 11:00 PM
Dapper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro IS250 from NC

Hello everyone,

My name is Malcolm and I recently picked up my first ever Lexus! 2006 IS250 RWD Black/Black w/ Navigation. To say I am excited is an understatement! I currently reside in Raleigh, NC and one night on eBay I decided to put in a bid on a clean IS250 in Navarre, FL. Next thing I knew, I booked a flight down there to see the car! Everything looked on point and I embarked on the 11.5 hour drive back to Raleigh. Even though I thought I was going to be tired, I ending up being wide awake the entire time because of the excitement.

I've been following ClubLexus for quite sometime now and the amount of quality information thats on here is mind blowing. I see myself spending countless hours at work browsing and learning so much from everyone on here.

The car that I am giving up to get into the 2IS is my precious Honda S2000. I drove the car for over two years and i'm sure going to miss it. But there is something about my personality that just screamed for something more luxurious with a little bit of sport. Heres a couple of pics of my S2K

Old 10-18-13, 11:08 PM
willSFP
Driver

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the purchase and nice s2k! Have you figured out what your first mod is going to be yet?
Old 10-18-13, 11:08 PM
Dapper
Rookie

And now...please allow me to introduce you to my new addiction...

I guess you can say that I am heavily influenced by the VIP scene here in NC. Many of my auto inspirations have come from Lexus' that were properly modded to keep a clean executive look, but also pay tribute to the bippu styling of Japan.

I work for a criminal defense law firm in downtown Raleigh, and I have to constantly meet with clients at their homes or place of business to conduct interviews and meetings. I want my car to have the aesthetics of luxury that Lexus is known for, but also a very executive VIP style. I'm still not sure what my finished product will look like, but we'll see where we go!

Hope to meet many of guys and learn from you all as well!
Old 10-18-13, 11:14 PM
Dapper
Rookie

Originally Posted by willSFP
Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the purchase and nice s2k! Have you figured out what your first mod is going to be yet?
Thanks for the congrats! One of my major pet peeves are the yellow light bulbs that are found throughout the car. Unfortunately, my headlights are also halogen

So my first mod is to change all of the interior bulbs to 5K leds from VLEDS. I'm very picky on the temperature of the led I use, and I found that VLED has the best pure white light that I am looking for.

I just installed the LEDs recently and will have pics up very soon!

Also, I need to order a few HID kits. I ordered a 6K HID kit from DDM for my daily Camry and it kinda has a little bit of blue in it. Does anyone have any experience with DDM's 5K with 2IS projectors? I really want a pure white similar to that of the 5K LED from VLEDS. We'll see...
Old 10-18-13, 11:14 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CL. That was a nice AP1 man. Judging by what you want, lowering springs and a nice set of 19's will do you well. Perhaps GFX kit too.
Old 10-18-13, 11:21 PM
seouljahon
Driver

clean s2k! used to have oem hardtop work emotions j's racing exhaust etc
Old 10-18-13, 11:23 PM
Dapper
Rookie

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Welcome to CL. That was a nice AP1 man. Judging by what you want, Lowering springs and a nice set of 19's will do you well. Perhaps GFX kit too.
Wheels and a lip kit are definitely in my future plans! Still trying to decide between the infinite amount of options.

I'm not so sure about the springs. I like having the adjustability of coilovers and air is sooo tempting! But the price tag on air is nutsss! I had D2 RS Coilovers on my AP1 and i loved them.
Old 10-18-13, 11:24 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice!! Welcome to ClubLexus.
Old 10-18-13, 11:32 PM
Dapper
Rookie

Originally Posted by seouljahon
clean s2k! used to have oem hardtop work emotions j's racing exhaust etc
yeah the oem hardtop really sets the car off! I had on gold blitz type 01s and an invidia q300. definitely going to miss her, but on to the next one!

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
Nice!! Welcome to ClubLexus.
thanks AJ! Couldn't have pulled the trigger on it without you!
Old 10-18-13, 11:54 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dapper
thanks AJ! Couldn't have pulled the trigger on it without you!
No problem.. Love pushing people to pull the trigger on a Lexus..if only Lexus gave me a commission for it

Last edited by kuWuPt; 10-20-13 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-19-13, 12:02 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club. Very nice s2k, if you want pure bright white head light bulbs I recommend the Phillips bulbs sold through our vender Nigel here on the forums. They will run you approximately 240$ ish but its the best bulb for our car. If that's too expensive you can checkout kbcarstuff.com for their d4s bulbs, should be about 160$ for a pair. Either way I'm sure you'll find the right one. I've heard problems with ddmtuning so just remember, you get what you pay for, or you might just have to learn the hard way, either way, congrats again, welcome and happy modding
Old 10-19-13, 01:05 AM
willSFP
Driver

He doesn't have HID's, so his bulb size is H11. I had DDM tuning 5000K on my previous g35, but in a reflector housing and it was pure white. Not sure if projectors mess with the color output. Also my DDM kit had their raptor ballast (fat one) that they don't sell anymore and I never tried their slim ballasts. Don't know if their slim ballast affects color too.
Old 10-19-13, 04:56 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kbcarstuff also has converter kits for 120$
Old 10-19-13, 05:02 AM
teefar
Driver

Congrats! I think I've seen that S2000 around town.
Old 10-19-13, 06:57 AM
Dapper
Rookie

Originally Posted by Icy350
Welcome to the club. Very nice s2k, if you want pure bright white head light bulbs I recommend the Phillips bulbs sold through our vender Nigel here on the forums. They will run you approximately 240$ ish but its the best bulb for our car. If that's too expensive you can checkout kbcarstuff.com for their d4s bulbs, should be about 160$ for a pair. Either way I'm sure you'll find the right one. I've heard problems with ddmtuning so just remember, you get what you pay for, or you might just have to learn the hard way, either way, congrats again, welcome and happy modding
I actually have to get a full HID kit since my car came with halogens. I'm still not sold yet on the DDM kit. Just wanted to hear everyones opinions.

Originally Posted by willSFP
He doesn't have HID's, so his bulb size is H11. I had DDM tuning 5000K on my previous g35, but in a reflector housing and it was pure white. Not sure if projectors mess with the color output. Also my DDM kit had their raptor ballast (fat one) that they don't sell anymore and I never tried their slim ballasts. Don't know if their slim ballast affects color too.
i've seen even on this form that the color temp will be off by a little when having the same bulb in a reflector vs a projector. It's all good! That just means i have to retrofit a projector into the foglight housing in the future!

Quick Reply: Intro IS250 from NC