Few Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-13, 06:22 AM
Duke02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Problems

Hello ladies and gents,

It's been a while since I've been active over here at CL but you've all been a great source of info over the years so I'm hoping you can help me figure out a few problems I've been having with my IS.

Car is a 2006 with about 85,000 miles on it.

First, is a trans issue. The primary issue is that as when I stop (not as I come to a stop), engine rpm drops to about 450-500 and stutters a bit before going back up to about 700rpm. It doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be worst when the engine is under electrical load (turning the wheel and/or fans are on). I've also noticed that the trans will clunk on an upshift, particularly into 5th gear under high vacuum - if I'm manually shifting and have it in 4th with relatively high rpm, let up on the gas and then tell it to upshift, it'll clunk into 5th. The combination of these two problems leads me to think there is some sort of vacuum leak or issue, but I believe these trans's are electronically controlled.....

The dealer changed the fluid with the BG adapter (supposedly they did) about 5000 miles ago but I had these problems before the fluid change, so I don't think that's it

Second problem is a Check VSC issue. Now, I know the 250's have a carbon buildup issue that causes the Check VSC and check engine lights to come on, but I've found nothing. Basically the Check VSC, ABS, Parking Brake, and Traction Control lights will come on, but no check engine light. The problem occurs intermittently but never stores a diagnostic code. It's happened at startup and also during driving. I had hardwired a radar detector to the drivers fuse box and noticed that the fuse box bolt has come out, so I thought it was a ground issue that I fixed by reinstalling that bolt, but it has subsequently come back.

Third problem is an A/C problem. Basically, even on recirculate, it doesn't seem to be filtering the air. Most noticeable is diesel exhaust smells that still make it through. I've checked the door covering the cabin air filter and changed the filter - the door operates with the button andI've never forced it open when changing the filter, so I don't think it's broken, but fresh air seems to be leaking in anyway....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys!
Old 09-22-13, 12:52 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

1. You got carbon built up. There is a recall for it
2. Could be relate to carbon built up as well but I would check VSS connector as we'll. don't forget to reset ECU by disconnect negative terminal. Problems solve some how
3. A/C problem and won't be in recirculate mode because of improper carbon filter change. Who ever changing the filter may broken the recirculate arm. Search for solution on our forum.

Hope it helps you. Someone please correct me if I was wrong
Old 09-22-13, 02:51 PM
Duke02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I should have clarified, I have an IS350. I think the carbon build up is on the 250's, right?