Nice blackvue... i was contemplating getting one but decided to try out the ebay special first for $40.
Just installed the cam today morning, took about 2 hours total. Its relatively simple but i'll make a more detailed write up soon. For now, the basic steps below:
DIY ON HOW TO INSTALL A 12V DASHCAM
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I am not responsible if anything happens to your vehicle.
1. Dash cam
2. Two add-a-circuit mini
fuses (autozone, pepboys, radioshack should have)
1. Pop open the fuse box under the steering wheel, it has a white lid.
2. Locate the following two fuses, and plug in the add a circuits (also confirm with voltmeter both are 12v sources):
- H-LP LVL: This has a 12V only when the acc is on or car is running. Plug your acc wire from the dash cam into this fuse.
- SECURITY: This always has a 12V when the car is running/acc/off. Plug your positive (+) lead from the dash cam into this fuse
3. Ground your negative (-)
lead from the dash cam against any of the metal screws near the fuse box.
4. Plug your VIDEO cable from dashcam with screen (if available)
5. Mount cam in desired position (i did right behind the mirror)
6. Run wire along roof liner, A pillar, and through the side of the dash. You don't have to remove the A pillar, you can just tuck the wiring behind the weather strip.
7. Power up and enjoy!
I'll make a new thread hopefully soon with pictures and more detailed steps. This should be enough to walk most people through the process. Please feel free to suggest a better method if you have!