IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got gypped by Sewell Lexus (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-13, 04:51 PM
GaaraOTS
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got gypped by Sewell Lexus (resolved)

So two weeks ago I bought my first Lexus from Sewell lexus. Its a 2006 350. On the sticker for the car (Ill upload scans of it later, not at a scanner atm) It listed memory seats and memory mirrors as features for the car. After purchase and owning the car for a week or so, I started looking around for the memory settings because I had a passenger with me that I wanted to set it for. Anyways come to find out, my car didn't come with these two features! I have no memory buttons! I went by Sewell today and talked with Roger Yiu, the sales manager there and when I requested they comp me the difference in price he told me straight up "Absolutely not." He offered me a coupon for a free oil change. I'm thinking about going back there and throwing it at his feet. I feel lied to. Basically I feel like they said "Oh sorry, heres 30$ for lying to you now go away."

Anybody know the number for Lexus corporate? This is unacceptable.

Last edited by GaaraOTS; 07-17-13 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-16-13, 04:57 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't know if Lexus corp will help you on this one. But I would go above the sale manger head even to the owner.
Old 07-16-13, 05:03 PM
peacepawn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I dont think corp will do anything, you are just gonna have to do what laobo said and just go to the head of management at the dealer.
Old 07-16-13, 05:32 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

contact corporate owner of dealer and raise hell. In addition, do not hesitate to call lex corporate as that is false advertisement and you have purchased something, signed for something, and paid for something yet did not recieve it. keep us updated.
Old 07-16-13, 05:36 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may need to settle your problem at the managerial level of the dealership. The same happened to me but I pointed that out before I purchased the vehicle. I would ask for more than an oil change. Like a 30,000 mile service would suffice. But honestly speaking here, were the memory seats the selling point? Enough to notice that you took delivery of the vehicle two weeks ago and are just now realizing your (and their) mistake. I wish you the best of luck as this almost happened to me.

per your request:

Customer Assistance Center
1-800-255-3987
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m., EST. Saturday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., EST

You totally could have pulled this information yourself btw....
Old 07-16-13, 06:01 PM
LateNyta
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you still have the sticker with the options list on it? You'll need it for a case or else it's your words against theirs...

And how on earth did you miss memory seats? There are 4 buttons on each side of the door..
Old 07-16-13, 06:02 PM
Adam350is
Pole Position

I dont understand how it took you so long to see that you dont have that feature, i would have set a memory for myself right away before leaving the lot. i wish you the best though.

typically lexus has great customer service so i hope this isnt too major to fix.
Old 07-16-13, 06:21 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

If I were you, I would report the incident to Lexus USA with submission of all proofs and evidences that you have. Or tell the dealer that you'll be doing so if they won't take any action.

Have you checked if the VIN number on the window sticker matches with that on the car?
Old 07-16-13, 06:34 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

to my knowledge, memory seat and mirrors and part of luxury package for 2006 IS 350 (along with rear windshield shade and automatic steering wheel tilt).
in another words, car you own has different (or lack there of) package than what was written on the sticker.
Old 07-16-13, 08:01 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1-800-25-LEXUS is the number, if memory serves me. Not sure you will get much support but it can't hurt. If this was me, I would be scanning the window sticker and checking all listed options. If the memory seats is the only thing they messed up on then you may have a challenge on your hands getting compensation for the "misleading" window sticker. If there are more options that aren't on the car that you bought, then I think you will have a much stronger case. Was the car listed with luxury or sport package options and you bought a base model? If so, you will have a significantly stronger argument.
Old 07-16-13, 08:52 PM
561Lexus
Driver

If the memory seats meant that much to you, wouldnt you have checked it before you left? But honestly your kind of screwed at this point man I mean its not like it listed a navigation system and its missing one... I would ask for a little more than an oil change... see if they will throw in a full detail, tint, and an oil change, then I would call it a day... No where to really go from here... Unfortunately, you have to do your due diligence... if this had been pointed out the day after the sale thats one thing, but a week later puts you in a tight spot
Old 07-16-13, 10:00 PM
topspeed55
Driver

Upload the sticker before I comment. As it sits right now, I'd tell you to pound sand without that free oil change for coming back two weeks later.
Old 07-16-13, 10:30 PM
GaaraOTS
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's the sticker. I've also filed a complaint with the BBB even though they aren't accredited by them.
Attached Thumbnails Got gypped by Sewell Lexus (resolved)-001-copy.jpg  
Old 07-16-13, 11:52 PM
flomtony
Driver School Candidate

I would definitely make a complaint. Just because you didn't check before you left the dealer doesn't mean your not entitled to it. It clearly states there in the sticker. Most people probably wouldn't because buying a car is a long process and it wouldn't be the first thing on my mind is to adjust the memory seating before i leave. I can fidget with the dang thing when I get home. It makes you wonder, is this the first time the dealership has done this?
Old 07-17-13, 04:59 AM
flavious
Driver School Candidate

There's the sticker. I've also filed a complaint with the BBB even though they aren't accredited by them.
Did it say anything else ?

On their website it says:

"DEALER makes no representations, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective purchaser or owner of this vehicle as to the existence, ownership, accuracy, description or condition of the listed vehicle's equipment, accessories, price, specials or any warranties. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to the sale of this vehicle."

Quick Reply: Got gypped by Sewell Lexus (resolved)