IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Trac On Light Flashing and Dashboard Beeping

Old 07-12-13, 05:48 PM
Rising2010
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trac On Light Flashing and Dashboard Beeping

Hey guys I have been having some issues with my car lately and wondering if you guys can give me some advice.

1. My rack and pinion failed 2 months ago, I tried to have it repaired but one bearing could not be found quickly just got the bearing this week.

2. A guy came and cleared the VSC light that was on the dash and I was able to drive the car. The steering was not as smooth as before but it was markedly better.

3. I went to do an alignment and as I did a turn in the parking lot the steering made a sound indicating that the rack and pinion was failing again which is to be expected since I did not have the correct bearing as yet.

4. After the alignment the "oil maint rqd" light began flashing as did the slip indicator/ trac on light/symbol. The dashboard is also beeping. The car does not adequately respond when you step on the gas and the braking system behaves similarly. Basically the car is in limp mode. I tried touching the trac on/off button and that does not clear the light either.

5. I cleared the oil maint red soon light and have not driven it since. I have been reading around and saw where I could use a paper clip and jump two areas on a connector to do a zero point calibration on the yaw sensor. However, all these guides speak to other Lexus models not the IS250 so I was wondering if I should jump the same connectors seen in the attached diagram?
I also have access to the techstream tis software and was wondering if anyone has done something similar using techstream?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for all your replies.
Attached Thumbnails Trac On Light Flashing and Dashboard Beeping-jumper.jpg  
Old 07-13-13, 09:11 AM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Man oh man, I REALLY hate electronic issues! There is definitely something amiss here; I wish you luck in figuring it out! Not a common issue on the 2IS from what I read above.
Old 07-16-13, 08:51 PM
Rising2010
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gville350 it's a nightmare trust me.
I drove it on saturday it was not beeping every 3 seconds like the last time but it beeped like every 10 minutes and then when you step on the brakes they are next to non-existent and the car makes a horrible tractor or truck kind of growling sound.
I checked the brake fluid the reservoir is full.
Does anyone have any more suggestions for me?