IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 02:57 PM
MisArianna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250 Intake

I know there are other threads like this, but not exactly the same questions that I have. (The intake is going an 06 AWD Lexus IS250)

I am trying to decide between the Joe Z intake pipe only and the F-Sport intake set up.

With Joe Z
* Does the cars sound increase at all?
* I saw that they dyno proved about a 6 HP increase on a RWD Manual. Close to the same on a AWD automatic?
* Are the MPGs affected?

With F-Sport
* Does the cars sound increase at all?
* Are the HP increase the same as the Joe Z?
* Are the MPGs affected?

A local dealer has a F-Sport for sale for $280.00 and the Joe Z for sale online for $125.00.

Price set aside, which is a better option and why. Whats the difference between the 2, for Horse Power increase and MPGs. Sound too I guess, but its not to important. Also I prefer not to drill holes is my current box, I saw some people say that would increase the noise.

Thank You,

Arianna
Old 06-09-13, 03:07 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 06-09-13, 03:08 PM
ISjunkie
Driver School Candidate

I believe that the intake is mostly for noise. The f sport one is the polished pipe and the lower intake box with the hole and filter. And the joe z one is just the pipe.
Old 06-09-13, 03:35 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I believe both give you about the same gain of 3 to 4 HP. The F Sport comes with a different air intake box that makes more noise at 3000 and higher RPM.
Old 06-09-13, 03:42 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with my F Sport, sound increased at about 3000 rpm. its more throaty sounding.
HP.. you wont feel a difference in either one.
MPG... is the same..

of course you'll be paying more for F sport cause its Lexus. to me, they're all the same really. I only went with F sport cause I got a lot of the F sport stuff at a discounted price.
Old 06-09-13, 03:43 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

To me, you can a slight increase in sound from both intakes but nothing drastic. Increase in HP is minimal, like others have said, 3-5HP.

I picked up the F-Sport instead of the Joe Z because the F-Sport comes with a CARB stick which is required in CA to pass smog.

Other than that, not really a big difference between the two.
Old 06-09-13, 04:02 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by genaos11
I honestly can't believe that intake threads still keep appearing, especially when the biggest gain is 5hp

JoeZ:

Gain: 5hp

Sound difference: Minimal, it's just the intake pipe. Drill holes in the lower intake box to replicate the noise from the Fsport box.

Fsport intake:

Gain: 5hp

Sound difference: It's kinda loud but quieter than other intakes with open air filters. It comes with the intake pipe, filter, and box. It's the only carb legal intake if that is an issue for you.
Old 06-09-13, 04:03 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Oh and there is no increase in mpg, only decrease from your foot hitting the gas pedal harder to hear the intake
Old 06-09-13, 04:03 PM
MisArianna
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by genaos11
I guess its only natural that there has to be one D-Bag per thread. You read the title, you did not have to open the thread.

I am a 24 year old single lady, who wants to have more fun with her car. Am I hurting anyone asking questions?

Thank you every one else for your really helpful posts.

-Arianna

Last edited by MisArianna; 06-09-13 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-09-13, 04:05 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MisArianna
I guess its only natural that there has to be one D-Bag per thread.

Thank you every one else for you really helpful posts.
Even though your new to CL, there is a search bar with a big red "search" button on the top of the screen and in every forum section. The intake topic has been beaten to death again and again on the forum
Old 06-09-13, 04:12 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob4256
Even though your new to CL, there is a search bar with a big red "search" button on the top of the screen and in every forum section. The intake topic has been beaten to death again and again on the forum
Got to agree bob4256 call me d bag but use search button sry no need open another thread bout intake .....there enough out there to look up
Old 06-09-13, 04:16 PM
MisArianna
Driver School Candidate

I read most of them. Like I said, I even checked google and took a look at other blogs/forums. I just did not get all the answers I was looking for. Just trying to get some more insight. Sorry if I bothered anyone. I got all the answers I needed though, so it was helpful to me. Thank again.

-Arianna
Old 06-09-13, 05:20 PM
MrBalistic
Rookie

I currently have the K&N intake on my 2011 IS250 and it sounds really great, I do feel a little better throttle response from it and it get a little louder at about 3000 rpm....
Old 06-09-13, 05:49 PM
Laz823
Driver School Candidate

I understand for those that have been with the community for a long time has witnessed a lot of repeated topics (Of course). However, when a same topic does come across by a new person, I don't understand how it is a burden to your eyes? Why come and leave a comment like that, If you're not contributing to the post; you shouldn't post at all.

It doesn't seem welcoming and will be hesitant to post hereafter. I mean this forum has been around for a long time. I'm sure there isn't much more to talk about or create new thread. Unless you personally had an accident or something.

If you also read the sticky note. It clearly says otherwise. Its either me or you thats a noob to the forum to not know the basics.

"I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them."

My two cent
Old 06-09-13, 06:34 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Laz823
I understand for those that have been with the community for a long time has witnessed a lot of repeated topics (Of course). However, when a same topic does come across by a new person, I don't understand how it is a burden to your eyes? Why come and leave a comment like that, If you're not contributing to the post; you shouldn't post at all.

It doesn't seem welcoming and will be hesitant to post hereafter. I mean this forum has been around for a long time. I'm sure there isn't much more to talk about or create new thread. Unless you personally had an accident or something.

If you also read the sticky note. It clearly says otherwise. Its either me or you thats a noob to the forum to not know the basics.

"I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them."

My two cent
Not sure why this is directed at me. I answered the OPs question.

There's a difference between being new and not being familiar with some topics relating to the 2IS, but when you keep seeing "what hid kit do I need" or "where do I find a turbo for the 2IS?" Or my personal favorite "does the gforce performance chip really work?"

This isn't meant to be directed to the OP, just my two cents

Quick Reply: IS250 Intake