IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No Front License plate in CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-13, 01:10 AM
bionic8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Front License plate in CA

Wsup with all the 2IS without a front license plate in Orange County?
About 1/4 2IS I see dont have it am I'm starting to think Lexus stopped making the mounts for it cuz do 1/4 stock 2IS people really decide to take it off? Theres usually no holes or tabs to fill the holes or I'm blind

Also are the 2013 2IS automatically come with the LFA rep wheels and no ISX50 sign or why are those always in the streets too...
Am I missing out on something?
Old 04-21-13, 06:53 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Front license plate is overrated We don;t have it in Florida either
Old 04-21-13, 07:27 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GolffWang
About 1/4 2IS I see dont have it am I'm starting to think Lexus stopped making the mounts for it cuz do 1/4 stock 2IS people really decide to take it off? Theres usually no holes or tabs to fill the holes or I'm blind

Also are the 2013 2IS automatically come with the LFA rep wheels and no ISX50 sign or why are those always in the streets too...
Sup man! Im from the OC but I must be one of the 3/4 with my plate. Its an option you can ask at the delear but I bought my car slightly used so I already had it on and kept it on. Its up to you but I have been pulled over many times here just for the plate. Cops usually see it and start naming ***** @ what else they can cite you for so if you stand out I would leave it on and you will less likely be hassled.
Old 04-21-13, 10:10 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GolffWang

So what are you complaining about? Some dealers don't drill the front plate and make you sign a waiver that says you are responsible for any front license plate tickets if you opt for them not to drill. Of course they make brackets
Old 04-21-13, 10:53 AM
Adam350is
Pole Position

in california its illegal to not have a front license plate. so the people without them are just asking to be pulled over, especially if they are already heavily modded or with front tints which is also illegal. I have my front license plate on, as i drive thru Beverly hills often and they dont mess around.

up to you

i recently bought a tow hitch front license plate mounting unit so no holes needed to be drilled. but im not too satisfied with it...
Old 04-21-13, 11:07 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam350is
in california its illegal to not have a front license plate. so the people without them are just asking to be pulled over, especially if they are already heavily modded or with front tints which is also illegal.
I don't live in OC but here in Northern Ca there are more 2IS without plates. I don't have plates and I have tinted windows all around. My car is also black. Haven't had any problems with cops yet.
Old 04-21-13, 12:45 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

had the holes filled in when i resprayed my front bumper.
car is pretty modded but have yet to be pulled over JUST for no front license plate (knock on wood)
only once for front tint.
i'm in OC by the way
Old 04-21-13, 03:10 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I missing out on something?[/QUOTE]

I believe 11-12 come with LFA style 17 inch rims or upgradable 5 spoke rims. They do come withX50 sign but not the LEXUS sign .
Old 04-21-13, 04:32 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in san diego. my friend from arkansas got pulled over for not having one. I bought my car with plates on the front bumper, so i'll just keep it on.

Last edited by Joshohoho; 04-21-13 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-21-13, 08:11 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's illegal not to have the front plate affixed to the front. My dealer made me sign a waiver acknowledging my sole responsibility if it did not install it for me. A lot of people don't run fronts. Some get away with it while others don't. I do notice more city cops giving tickets for no front plate in front of schools and street parking because it's that easy to ticket without having to do much.
Old 04-21-13, 08:51 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

California requires a front and rear plate...I think if anyone who bought it brand new they had the option to get the front plate holder drilled into there front bumper..I wasnt asked when I bought mine...4 years later i get pulled over for no plate...had to get a front bracket from RHO PLATE...works awesome have had it on ever since..http://rhoplate.com/
Old 04-21-13, 09:10 PM
carl1989
Rookie

I guess it just depends on the area, some cops just don't care and some do.
Old 04-21-13, 10:40 PM
lopaka07
Rookie

I've been ticketed for no front plate in Socal. I do see many cars with no front plate though. Guess it depends what kind of day the cop is having. I have one and don't feel like dealing with being pulled over for that again.
Old 04-22-13, 12:03 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I roll around slammed in a modded 2GS and never had any problems with cops. Definitely wouldn't do it around LAX area though, my friend got a ticket for driving through the airport
Old 04-22-13, 12:28 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kentaro
had the holes filled in when i resprayed my front bumper.
car is pretty modded but have yet to be pulled over JUST for no front license plate (knock on wood)
only once for front tint.
i'm in OC by the way
how much front tint you have for cops to notice and pull you over?

Quick Reply: No Front License plate in CA