IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Lexus owner here from Jersey 12 IS250

Old 04-16-13, 03:46 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lexus owner here from Jersey 12 IS250

Sup everyone. My name is Joe and I just picked up this 2012 IS250 AWD auto from PA. I got it in Starefire pearl with black interior. Just what I was looking for. This is my daily driver now but I am already thinking bout lowering it but Im scared to give up this comfortable ride. Can you guys help out a guy out and tell me which springs or coilovers would be best to close the wheel gap and rides close to stock? I know that sounds impossible but which is closest? I looked up h&r's but it seems the front has more gap then the back or is that just me? I already got 2 sets of DDM Tuning HID's on the way. I got 35w and 5k for the super bright white look. I should be getting it tinted tomorrow or sometime this week/weekend. So after I do the tints and hids I was thinking of lowering it and spacing out the stockers along with giving them a grey/gunmetal look. If anyone got input on any of that, im all ears. Anyway heres some pics for now. Thanks for lookin guys!

O yea..... This is my 95 Diamond White Pearl Special Edition Single turbo 6 speed Supra..my everything

Last edited by JoeSupra; 04-16-13 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-16-13, 03:49 PM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new car!! Love the white, any plans to mod??
Old 04-16-13, 04:02 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by jbone29
congrats on the new car!! Love the white, any plans to mod??
Thank you! Well like I said above I wanna lower it but scared of losing the ride I have now. Its so smooth! I don't wanna lose that. But I cant leave anything I have stock so I must lower it and stance it out a little. I hate wheel gap but I also hate tucked tires.
Old 04-16-13, 04:49 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the club, I'm pretty sure you will keep loving the Lexus as long as you will have it. I say get the F-Sport springs and some 19" wheels that should get rid of the gap and keep the smooth ride.
I Love that Supra though!!!!
Old 04-16-13, 05:24 PM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Joe, check out the NELOC section under local chapters. Love the Supra. If you get the right set of coilovers you should be okay.
Old 04-16-13, 05:36 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by lysis250
Welcome to the club, I'm pretty sure you will keep loving the Lexus as long as you will have it. I say get the F-Sport springs and some 19" wheels that should get rid of the gap and keep the smooth ride.
I Love that Supra though!!!!
Thank you! I don't see myself gettin 19s but I do have my eye on some volks or vossen. I was thinkin of stock 17s with some spacers for now.

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Welcome Joe, check out the NELOC section under local chapters. Love the Supra. If you get the right set of coilovers you should be okay.
Thank you sir. Ill deff check out that section cause I'm down to meet up with locals. What coilovers are known to be the best?
Old 04-16-13, 06:19 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Hey JoeSupra! Congrats on your new Lexus! Nice touch on Supra very clean and yet intimidating, that turbo us humungous!

Enjoy the ride first then when you get bored start buying your mods.
Old 04-16-13, 06:36 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to CL, looks like you know what you're doing. Coils are the way to go. Of you just want springs then H&R's drop it nice or Road Magnwts for the max drop.

You should see my buddies 800HP Supra from my crew.
Old 04-16-13, 06:38 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome!! H&R Springs with my stock wheels felt close to stock to me!!! check it out!!!
Old 04-16-13, 06:47 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

welcome to the club Joe. Nice rides, cant go wrong with white!
Old 04-16-13, 06:56 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by azfsprt
Hey JoeSupra! Congrats on your new Lexus! Nice touch on Supra very clean and yet intimidating, that turbo us humungous!

Enjoy the ride first then when you get bored start buying your mods.
lmao Thanks a lot bro.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Welcome to CL, looks like you know what you're doing. Coils are the way to go. Of you just want springs then H&R's drop it nice or Road Magnwts for the max drop.

You should see my buddies 800HP Supra from my crew.
Thank you. I am not new to cars that's for sure. I am young but I have taste. Also Im leaning towards h&rs but I gotta see if the wheel gap is bigger in front cause of so I wont buy em. Every pic I seen looks like theres more gap in the front then back. I seen tanabes are low but I think theres 2 sets?

Whats your buddies name? Is he on Supraforums? I might know of him or his car.

Originally Posted by DjRiDe
Welcome!! H&R Springs with my stock wheels felt close to stock to me!!! check it out!!!
Awesome thanks man! But how does it look? lol What am I checking out? lol

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
welcome to the club Joe. Nice rides, cant go wrong with white!
Thank you very much. I love my pearl whites! hahaha
Old 04-16-13, 07:03 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=JoeSupra;7887312]lmao Thanks a lot bro.

Hey bro sorry lol - here's my thread when i lowered my car on the H&R: If you searched there's a few threads on these springs and how they ride.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-springs.html
Old 04-16-13, 07:05 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Coilover cause of the front C-bracket that only the awd has will keep it higher than the rear. There for make it look like the rear is sagging.
Old 04-16-13, 07:14 PM
JoeSupra
Rookie

[quote=DjRiDe;7887336]
Originally Posted by JoeSupra
lmao Thanks a lot bro.

Hey bro sorry lol - here's my thread when i lowered my car on the H&R: If you searched there's a few threads on these springs and how they ride.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-springs.html
Thanks man! Reading through it now! I tried searching H&R springs but nothing great popped up. Trust me I know how to use forums so im not bull****ting. lol

Originally Posted by laobo979
Coilover cause of the front C-bracket that only the awd has will keep it higher than the rear. There for make it look like the rear is sagging.
So it must be true then. Hmmmmm makin me think going coilover or how bout them Road Magnets?
Old 04-16-13, 07:32 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Your best bet is coilover. When I first got my AWD I looked at the sale rep Awd with fsport spring. I asked him why does your rear sag and front sits high. He was that how it looks. I was like no thank I'll pass on any spring. I was the first AWD on coilover. Only BCR was willing to work with me to create it. So trust me coilover or nothing is my opinion. Lower any car you gonna lose some feel over stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Lexus owner here from Jersey 12 IS250