IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 09:08 AM
Supremelex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub

I have been painfully working on my 2010 lexus is250 without the ml system. Ive cut so many wires i still cannot find the remote wire. I cut about 5 of the wrong wires from the little wires. I started to cut on the biggers wires but can still not find the remote wire. I have a few pictures also. I tried cutting the pink wire but it still is not working. Can someone please help. Ive been researching this for hours on end found answers but they are not working.
Attached Thumbnails HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub-photo-4-1.jpg   HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub-photo-3-2.jpg   HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub-photo-2-3.jpg   HELP PLEASE wiring for mono amp and sub-photo-1-3.jpg  
Old 04-14-13, 01:22 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

First of all, in my opinion, I don't recommend you using but connectors for mobile applications. (reason: they are designed to twist around wires, and are threaded, but we have stranded wires.. instead of solid copper, that's why you see them in your home).

2nd. I would use a multimeter to test out the turn-on wire that you're looking for. Instead of cutting a number of wires and searching in the dark, use a multimeter to see which one gives off 12V when radio is on, and cuts off when radio is off. Only sure way to know without cutting a thousand wires. I know those wires are small, and there's not a lot of space to work, but a good pair of wire stripper is worth its weight in gold. Btw. Not all amps require full 12V to trigger on, some can be triggered as little as 6V. So look into that as well. Worst case scenario, use cigarette lighter, use a switch.

**unless you're just using butt connectors to during testing and will use more secure methods during final connections, then I apologize for mistaking your method.
Old 04-14-13, 01:34 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

this is like my worst nightmare as far as when i install my amp. i hope someone with experience in our car can chime in and help you out here.
Old 04-14-13, 02:30 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the previous post is referring to the wire nuts (as butt connectors). Do remove them when you are done and use the crimp caps that you have on some of the other wires. I have done this install, but my car is not only an '06, but it is is non-ML as well. I'm pretty sure the pin configuration is different. Buy a DMM, press the start button one time, then see which wires show current. That really is all you need to do to determine which will work as a remote wire. You should also verify that it has no current when the car is off to be safe.
Old 04-15-13, 08:14 AM
Supremelex
Driver School Candidate

I used the meter to measure them. Could only find 2 connectors and they were constant power. I tested some wires on the blue box right above. Found a grey wire on it and used a military split to connect it. I re did the connectors with the ones that crimp. Will take pics of the completed project later
Old 04-15-13, 08:46 AM
Tommygun26
Driver School Candidate

On my 07 is250 I tapped into the fuse box location under the passenger side fuse box. I tapped into the cig lighter fuse. I forgot which one it is exactly but it worked perfect for me. I ran my power and remote wire on the passenger side.
Old 04-15-13, 09:39 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if you did not have access to a multimeter you could have use a cheap 5 dollar test light. Go one wire at time while some one shuts the ifnition on and off when you find a wire the turns the bulb on with ign on and off with ign off you've found your wire.
Old 04-20-13, 03:02 PM
RegRover
Driver

I am about to tackle this really soon and was just doing my research on here. Try this link and the remote wire they mention for non-ml is on post #55. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html