IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

someone ripped off my wiper arm!! where to buy?

Old 03-12-13, 04:30 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, you should count your blessings you didn't get towed! That would have been like $300 at least. At least you get new wipers!
Old 03-14-13, 07:03 AM
slowpoe3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off no disrespect.. But this is funny.. wiper arm missing.. lucky it wasn't anything worst than that.. just get a new set from Sewell and call it a day and lesson learned..
Old 03-14-13, 09:12 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like everyone says here, Lesson Learned, eat the cost of the Wiper arms and new wipers... I could have thought of 20 other worst things to do on your car if I was the owner of that spot.
Old 03-14-13, 09:53 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

smh....
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old 03-14-13, 11:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
The first sentence to what you wrote start with a wrong.. having lived at a few apt myself and having someone like you parked in other peoples spot, i've seen far worse. Why would you park in someone's spot? and leave your number on your own car, not to be critical but no one is responsible for calling anybody. You are lucky they didn't damage your car more like key your car or dent it. But its actually pretty funny what they did especially where you live (the pacific NW Region) where WIPERS are very important. You parked in someone's space and they took your wipers.. I'm not trying to be a d-i-c-k but thats just freaking hilarious. Next time, don't park in anyone's spot, not even 1 min. I can understand if you're dropping someone off and you're in the car but never leave your car unattended in someones spot. Call it a lesson learned. As far as parts, you can buy at your Lexus dealer or order from Sewell Lexus. Goggle "Sewell Lexus Parts"..
Originally Posted by panda08
It's just like parking in a fire lane or handicap spot for 20 mins and leaving your phone number. It's not your spot, or meant for you.. just dont do it next time.

as for the wiper arm you can look in junk yards, maybe ebay. best bet is lexus sewell parts with your cl discount.

But--illegal parking is not a license for vandalism. That said, suing him will be worthless, unless you have actual proof that he did it. Looks like you need to just suck it up as a life lesson.
Old 03-14-13, 12:20 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by don
Actually, you should count your blessings you didn't get towed! That would have been like $300 at least. At least you get new wipers!
$300 would be cheap, with the violation, towing fee and bailing your car out, my friend's total cost came out to $700+. This was in SF btw...

I agree with most of the people here. It could have been worst. Nearly any part he could've damaged would've easily been more expensive to replace.
Old 03-14-13, 05:01 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Are you sure this wasn't you?

Old 03-14-13, 05:10 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon
stalk the place a little... very carefully. wait until you see him get into his car that is in that parking spot. remember the make/model/color/license plate.

then wait at least 2 months. come back at night, park outside the complex and walk in. find that car and quietly have your revenge. f*** up everything. take out all 4 tires too. then leave and never come back. make sure there are no security cameras.

the waiting at least 2 months is really important.
Old 03-14-13, 07:53 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon
stalk the place a little... very carefully. wait until you see him get into his car that is in that parking spot. remember the make/model/color/license plate.

then wait at least 2 months. come back at night, park outside the complex and walk in. find that car and quietly have your revenge. f*** up everything. take out all 4 tires too. then leave and never come back. make sure there are no security cameras.

the waiting at least 2 months is really important.

im just kidding... don't ever do something like that.
^^^^^^^^^^GOOD Plan but what if he moves out before then, if you're going for payback do it shortly after, I would want him to know it was me if i was in this situation and not hide and sneak around for 2 months.. I wouldn't even mess up anything just SUPER GLUE HIS WIPERS DOWN... he'll be like WTF when it Rains.. LOL
Old 03-14-13, 10:44 PM
dong888
Pole Position

I believe you got your answers above already. Order from Sewell and replace yourself; should be easy enough. If u do want to seek compensation, you need to First make sure you can get a statement from the witness or have him show up at small claim court. And also evaluate the time involved in filing suit. You can sue for the court fee and other compensation as well. For small claim court, usually it is DIY rather than getting a lawyer. But at the same time, the other guy can counter-sue you for blocking his parking spot and seek compensation.

Good luck.
Old 11-14-14, 08:15 PM
OldLexfan
Driver School Candidate

Default Someone Ripped Off my Wiper Arm

My experience, just last night here in suburban So Cal -- parking is at a premium but I was, as usual, parked right in front of my own house.

Someone (I do have a suspect, lives a few houses away) snapped off the entire wiper arm during the night -- on the PASSENGER SIDE! This person and his GF are both nuts and have some wacko sense of entitlement. In the past he and the GF have whined or yelled about the parking situation on our street more than anyone else, and they come and go at all hours so naturally when they finally come 'home' everyone else is already here.

Heaven forbid they clear out part of their garage, which is 10 feet from the street, so they could park a car inside. And they are on a corner so have parking on two sides of the house if they made sure to get home from their 'gigs' at bars or wherever to find parking before people living blocks away took it.

Police won't do anything at all and yes, the price here for just the one entire wiper assembly will be around $300. I think since these people are suspected by myself and others of writing nasty notes and now with this wiper arm fiasco, that I should pick up the part when it comes in to the dealership but not have it put on immediately in case they decide to rip it off a second time! We don't get much rain and as I said, the wiper is for the passenger side. Wasn't that KIND of them, to leave the driver's side alone?

I would like to try to prove this is his (or their) doing and sue them but for now might write my own note for their cars indicating 'I know who you are and I saw what you did.' I do not vandalize things myself so that's out of the question.

What do you all think of writing that note, above? Not harsh enough? In the 2% chance it's NOT one of them, he/she will likely just be confused and blow it off. I just don't want to sit here and 'take it.' Again, I'm parked in front of my own blasted house on a public street! Other cars were parked similarly in front of their own houses but my house is closer to this obnoxious couples' house and they know the other houses are inhabited by big beefy guys who might beat their sorry 60 year old (yes, that's right, 60!) butts if they tried anything with those other neighbors' vehicles.

I just don't want to let this go. I've already (as have others) gotten what we are all sure are their notes on my old Lexus, written in an obvious rage, to 'move your *****ing car' or 'stop taking up too much space' or whatever. Usually the 'F' word is part of it. Classy people (NOT!) --

I wish they'd move -- nothing happened at all for the one year the guy was gone (he left her) but now that he's back the same crap is going on and this wiper vandalism is the worst of it thus far. I feel like I am under siege!