IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pulled over in your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-13, 11:03 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled over in your IS?

I had a run in with the law today and decided to start this thread for everyone to share their experience with the cops while in their IS.
Soo today i finally got the courage to take my car to the dealership to take care of the stupid error code P0430 that ive been getting which involves changing my catalytic converter(a $1000 part)hopefully covered under the 80k miles federal warranty. On my way there however i encountered this lovely gentleman. Now I've gotten tickets for everything in the book you can imagine(not in the IS)....loud music, tint, switching lanes without signal, rapid acceleration a.k.a drag racing, seatbelt etc. etc.

As i was jammin to my music being reckless and whatnot the guy comes out of nowhere and pulls me over. The conversation went something like this. He comes up to my window and goes:
Off: Do you have any knives or guns in the car? I dont like suprises
Me: No sir
Off: Do you know why i pulled you over?
Me: Not really but i have an idea
Off: How fast were you going?
Me: 55
Off: 63, do you know the speed limit here?
Me: 45?
Off: Yea, license and insurance please
Me:Hands him documents
Off: This insurance card is expired, do you have the new one?
Me: No im sorry but its the same policy number
Off: Ill be right back wait in the car
So he leaves for about 5 minutes and comes back, i can see in the mirror he has some papers in his hands so i was like crap here we go....mind you this was in a construction zone(no workers at the time) and i wasnt wearing my seat belt. He hands me these papers and says in a very calm manner: "Its $256 dollars for the speeding plus 4 points on your license and $116 for the expired insurance card but im just gonna write you a warning!" My jaw literally hit the floor, i thought i was being pranked or something. All i have to do is go to the DMV office, show them my current insurance card and im good to go. I was very pleasantly surprised by this officer of the Clearwater police department and wanted to post on here and let yall know even tho i dont know his name. I dont know what the reason was, if he was just in a good mood or he was a car enthusiast because he did compliment me on the car, whatever the reason he definitely made my weekend.
So have you guys been this lucky with the cops? Share your stories! Maybe we can even turn it into a contest to see whos gotten the largest ticket in their IS

P.S Oh and a couple of pics i snapped at the dealership shortly after this whole event

Old 02-10-13, 11:25 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice got pulled over once on a sunday morning no license and speeding in a school zone and only got a warning...
Old 02-10-13, 11:38 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

man i love our rear fitment! no hassles by the popo's for me yet. just trying to be extra careful whenever you spot one. but sometimes you cant help it...
Old 02-10-13, 11:42 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly i live in nyc and i feel your pain 100x percent ive gotten pulled over for tints music even though it was stock. I have gotten pulled over by rookie cops in the streets and they have made me accelerate my car and only giving me a ticket that states unreasonable noise so when they go to court it could be anything from exhaust to a music system. The last thing that happen to me which i spazzed on the officer even if he wanted to give me a ticket he claim i was on my cell phone texting when i was changing the music on my car after i put a music system with a pioneer radio in a red light which i have a pioneer radio with blue tooth i was also holding the control not my cell. If they want to pull you over they will and they think they can get away with it because they cops. If i was you fight it and dont let the ***** win. Also on another note my friend moved to tampa from harlem and he stays telling me about your car and stance i might take my car at the end of month maybe ill see you out there def want to see that stance great looking stance
Old 02-10-13, 11:45 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by my1s250
Nice got pulled over once on a sunday morning no license and speeding in a school zone and only got a warning...
No school on Sundays. Lol

Mashina, I've gotten pulled over a number of times for the same things as you. Speeding, loud music, no seatbelt, no front plate, tinted windows, modified exhaust, car too low, carpool lane. My most serious was speeding at 110MPH. Anyway, I really have a method down and want to share with you all in CL. If you get the lights on you pull over as soon as you can in a safe area (not too far, don't take too long deciding). Roll all the windows down including the rear ones, tyrn off the music, turn off the car, place hands on the steering wheel till the officer arrives. Answer questions politely and to the point (don't be a smart ***), know where all your papers are and move slowly. Hope for the best but be courteous. I work for the fire department but deal with cops on a daily basis almost and have cop friends. The "routine" traffic stop is THE most dangerous stop there is for an officer.any get injured or killed. Hope this helps some of you and be honest with the officer. Don't lie. They know the truth. Glad it all went well Mashina. Hope your car gets fixed.
Old 02-10-13, 11:47 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MashinA
I had a run in with the law today and decided to start this thread for everyone to share their experience with the cops while in their IS.
Soo today i finally got the courage to take my car to the dealership to take care of the stupid error code P0430 that ive been getting which involves changing my catalytic converter(a $1000 part)hopefully covered under the 80k miles federal warranty. On my way there however i encountered this lovely gentleman. Now I've gotten tickets for everything in the book you can imagine(not in the IS)....loud music, tint, switching lanes without signal, rapid acceleration a.k.a drag racing, seatbelt etc. etc.

As i was jammin to my music being reckless and whatnot the guy comes out of nowhere and pulls me over. The conversation went something like this. He comes up to my window and goes:
Off: Do you have any knives or guns in the car? I dont like suprises
Me: No sir
Off: Do you know why i pulled you over?
Me: Not really but i have an idea
Off: How fast were you going?
Me: 55
Off: 63, do you know the speed limit here?
Me: 45?
Off: Yea, license and insurance please
Me:Hands him documents
Off: This insurance card is expired, do you have the new one?
Me: No im sorry but its the same policy number
Off: Ill be right back wait in the car
So he leaves for about 5 minutes and comes back, i can see in the mirror he has some papers in his hands so i was like crap here we go....mind you this was in a construction zone(no workers at the time) and i wasnt wearing my seat belt. He hands me these papers and says in a very calm manner: "Its $256 dollars for the speeding plus 4 points on your license and $116 for the expired insurance card but im just gonna write you a warning!" My jaw literally hit the floor, i thought i was being pranked or something. All i have to do is go to the DMV office, show them my current insurance card and im good to go. I was very pleasantly surprised by this officer of the Clearwater police department and wanted to post on here and let yall know even tho i dont know his name. I dont know what the reason was, if he was just in a good mood or he was a car enthusiast because he did compliment me on the car, whatever the reason he definitely made my weekend.
So have you guys been this lucky with the cops? Share your stories! Maybe we can even turn it into a contest to see whos gotten the largest ticket in their IS

P.S Oh and a couple of pics i snapped at the dealership shortly after this whole event

more than once its harassment easy ticket to win trust me!
Old 02-10-13, 11:54 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ good info. thanks for sharing
Old 02-10-13, 11:55 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sffd103

Mashina, I've gotten pulled over a number of times for the same things as you. Speeding, loud music, no seatbelt, no front plate, tinted windows, modified exhaust, car too low, carpool lane. My most serious was speeding at 110MPH. Anyway, I really have a method down and want to share with you all in CL. If you get the lights on you pull over as soon as you can in a safe area (not too far, don't take too long deciding). Roll all the windows down including the rear ones, tyrn off the music, turn off the car, place hands on the steering wheel till the officer arrives. Answer questions politely and to the point (don't be a smart ***), know where all your papers are and move slowly. Hope for the best but be courteous. I work for the fire department but deal with cops on a daily basis almost and have cop friends. The "routine" traffic stop is THE most dangerous stop there is for an officer.any get injured or killed. Hope this helps some of you and be honest with the officer. Don't lie. They know the truth. Glad it all went well Mashina. Hope your car gets fixed.
my friend works for the fdny in nyc you are fdny they would not bother you at all. they would give you a warning and you about your business my friend works in 23rd street.
Old 02-10-13, 11:56 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rolando
honestly i live in nyc and i feel your pain 100x percent ive gotten pulled over for tints music even though it was stock. I have gotten pulled over by rookie cops in the streets and they have made me accelerate my car and only giving me a ticket that states unreasonable noise so when they go to court it could be anything from exhaust to a music system. The last thing that happen to me which i spazzed on the officer even if he wanted to give me a ticket he claim i was on my cell phone texting when i was changing the music on my car after i put a music system with a pioneer radio in a red light which i have a pioneer radio with blue tooth i was also holding the control not my cell. If they want to pull you over they will and they think they can get away with it because they cops. If i was you fight it and dont let the ***** win. Also on another note my friend moved to tampa from harlem and he stays telling me about your car and stance i might take my car at the end of month maybe ill see you out there def want to see that stance great looking stance
yea man if you're ever down here hit me up, well go to a meet or something! btw i didnt get a ticket so no need to fight it

lol yea school zone dont count on sundays :>
and Mariano this is def the best advice you could give to ppl. I can only imagine as a cop this would be so helpful and will put the officer at ease. I pulled over within 10 secs of him getting behind me had my front windows open and was polite to the guy and maybe that helped swaying him into not giving me a ticket!
Old 02-11-13, 12:01 AM
Rolando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MashinA
yea man if you're ever down here hit me up, well go to a meet or something! btw i didnt get a ticket so no need to fight it

lol yea school zone dont count on sundays :>
and Mariano this is def the best advice you could give to ppl. I can only imagine as a cop this would be so helpful and will put the officer at ease. I pulled over within 10 secs of him getting behind me had my front windows open and was polite to the guy and maybe that helped swaying him into not giving me a ticket!
if i tell you all my stories is crazy NYC has a problem a lot of cops pull you over assuming you up to no good when you just a young guy that worked hard and has a nice job and college degree. My uncle a sergeant in the nypd and he told me the worst you cant do is sound like a smart *** they will always find something on you.
Old 02-11-13, 05:11 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Got two tickets for my tints but thats it.

3+ years with the IS and thats the only issue Ive had so Im lucky
Old 02-11-13, 05:19 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

I haven't had any police officer pull me over with my IS yet (*knocks on wood*), but I have been given a written warning for running though a solid yellow with a Toyota Sequoia a few months before picking up my IS.
Old 02-11-13, 05:31 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

+1 on this method, i do it all the time. Although it never really helps...

I usually get "who's car is this?" from the cops and "are you sure it's your car?", which really offends me. I really dont care for police officers, and their attitudes towards me always just adds to my negative feelings. Luckily I'm working on my longest streak ever without a ticket
Old 02-11-13, 05:52 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Only ticket I got in the IS was passing in a no passing zone. In my last car I got pulled over for tint, speeding, and not using a signal (all in the same stop) and I got off with a warning. I suppose it was because I stopped in the middle lane of a 6 lane roadway.
Old 02-11-13, 05:54 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let him foll you lack of insurance isn't $116 I got pulled over the other morning for passing in the HOV lane and the NICE lovely lady cop gave me two option either pay $116 for traveling in the HOV without a passenger or she can say she didn't see my insurance and I will only have to pay a $10 fine for not having insurance. Just go to the courthouse and show them proof of insurance and pay $10 and your good to go. So which one do you think I choose to pay?

Quick Reply: Pulled over in your IS?