IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 01:09 AM
curtislin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?

Today, i went to Din Tai Fung dumpling house in Arcadia. When i was waiting for my number to be called, me and my friends were sitting in the car and waiting. there was a guy rudely opened his car door(parked next to me) and hit my mirror. I got off my car right the way and said: hey, did you know that you just hit my car? He was like "No, i didn't. Did you see any scratches?" then ignored me and walked away. I was freaked out by his attitude and yelled: " WTF? aren't u suppose to say sorry?" He kept repeating " did you see any scratches?" And I told him i was in the car heard it and saw it. He was like, "Oh really?! Sorry Then." and left with a disdainful face.
I keep wondering is it because i drive a cheaper car compared to his Audi Q7 that he can treat me with that nasty attitude? or what? All I want is just simply a apology not his money. His disdainful attitude gave me a feeling that he thought his car is better than mine so that i shouldn't say anything. I wonder what's the reason made him to be that way.
Old 01-22-13, 01:33 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Should've Roughed Him Up A Little Bit With Your Buddies...

How old You Are?

Usually, A Certain Amount Of people Get Jelous Because they see a young person in a nicer car. Happens..
I get Odd Looks All The Time But Ignore It now. Also, This Started After I Got The IS... Before I Drove A 97 Green Camry With Paint Peeling And No One Gave 2 ****s. lol
Old 01-22-13, 01:35 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

morons are everywhere. Though I don't condone vandalism, he might just deserve it.
Old 01-22-13, 01:46 AM
curtislin
Rookie

well, i don't think he barely looked at my face. he just starred my car and asked me: " did you see any scratches?"

i just turned 21, but he seemed 35 or more so i don't think he would be jealous since he has a better car than mine.
Old 01-22-13, 02:57 AM
Stavros
Rookie

It's got nothing to do with your car. There's a lot of idiots out there, he's just one of them.
Old 01-22-13, 03:15 AM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stavros
It's got nothing to do with your car. There's a lot of idiots out there, he's just one of them.
^ This.

10 char
Old 01-22-13, 06:03 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't sweat it! The guy is a *****, one day he will do that to a car full of thugs & get whats coming to him
Old 01-22-13, 06:40 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Whether he was driving a Q7, ferrari, lambo, McLaren i don't give a damn...if u hit my car you will either apologize or i will stratch ur car...I don't know how you guys do it in Cali but in Florida we don't play that disrespect....by any means we are not thugs or hoodlums but certain things don't fly around here....what u should have done was fly open ur door and hit his car and tell him " you see that scratch right"... Screw his over priced VW lol....
Old 01-22-13, 06:41 AM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

Just let the air out of his tire. No reason to call the cops, but its a PITA for him to change to his spare. People act this way because they think that there will be no consequences because everyone is afraid to get into a fight with all the laws set up by big brother.
Do I condone violence? No
Does this guy need a swift kick in the @*s ? Yes
Old 01-22-13, 06:43 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Could have happened if he was driving a rusty Neon. The car didn't matter.

Jeff
Old 01-22-13, 07:04 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeFive0
Just let the air out of his tire. No reason to call the cops, but its a PITA for him to change to his spare. People act this way because they think that there will be no consequences because everyone is afraid to get into a fight with all the laws set up by big brother.
Do I condone violence? No
Does this guy need a swift kick in the @*s ? Yes
100%. Had this happen to me a few times and sometimes it has nothing to do with what you drive. People simply dont care. You should have tought him a lesson.
Old 01-22-13, 07:07 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry this happened to you. I really feel people are disrespectful and feel entitled these days. It's really unfortunate how people conduct themselves.
Old 01-22-13, 07:31 AM
EGPhoto
Driver School Candidate

not a fan of violence, but when i owned a motorcycle, you cut me off i kick off your mirror. so a mirror kick was in order
Old 01-22-13, 07:36 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Im not a fan of vandalism but I would have keyed his car.

I know some may not agree, but you mess with my car, Ill f*** with you twice as hard
Old 01-22-13, 07:58 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Similar issue happend to me sometime ago. Driver was being a jack a$$, so i kicked his paassenger door....."now we are even"!

For the guys riding like thier motorcycles like aholes cutting through traffic and raising your hands up cause i dont move over and hug my lane so you can make your way through.... If im in my diesel truck, you just might get some black soot in your face!

Quick Reply: got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?