IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Subwoofer Box from Concept Enclosures Review

Old 02-14-13, 08:29 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cost is up there, I didn't notice until I added it all up last night.

Box was $175 shipped
Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wiring kit $90 (got it through audioexpress...didn't feel like waiting)
LC2I $80
JL RBC-1 Bass **** $36
Labor $100
JL W6 12" & JL 500/1 $600

I'm even thinking about selling the system and stepping down to a JL W3...the amp bass and gains is the all low, I'll try to upload a pic to show you guys tonight.
Old 02-14-13, 08:32 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ms2619
edit
Originally Posted by sm1ke
This thread is starting to push me to get a sub for more punch, but I don't want to spend a lot. Luckily, for my second job, I work at Future Shop part-time, so I can get a lot of the stuff at or near cost, and I pay half of the install costs. Yesterday at work I priced out some stuff. I found an Alpine M350 amp for sale locally at $60 (still have to pick it up). I did a google search to find other people's opinions of which sub to pair with this amp, and I'm thinking of pairing it with a 10" or 12" Alpine Type "S" sub, and "wiring the VCs in parallel for a 2 ohm load" according to a guy on g2ic.com.

So far I'm looking at
Alpine M350 Amp - $60
Alpine 12" Type "S" sub - $95
AudioControl LC2i - $70
Stinger 8ga amp kit - $50
Sub enclosure - About $240-$250

What do you guys think? I'm planning to get this installed on a non-ML, no navi system. Do I need anything else? Is the LC2i unnecessary (as in, could I get something less expensive)? Should I bother sourcing out a bass control ****?
It all depends on what kind of power you want. You def. want to get the LC2I, it makes a day and night difference and forget that Type S alpine, I blew that thing in 3 months haha go with the Type R and the wiring kit I'd suggest looking at all options before you pull the trigger on that one. Sub enclosure you paying a little high when you could just get the box I ended up getting, last but not least, don't get that Alpine amp its not that great but again it depends on what your spending ability is.

Last edited by ms2619; 02-14-13 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-14-13, 08:54 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm even thinking about selling the system and stepping down to a JL W3...the amp bass and gains is the all low, I'll try to upload a pic to show you guys tonight.
What are your settings on the LC2i? There's no way that with your amp gain turned all the way down that it should be loud at all or even audible.
Old 02-14-13, 12:22 PM
ms2619
Lead Lap

^^^that is what I don't know, its hidden somewhere near the stock amp for speakers, I made appt for Monday to see all that and find out why its so loud lol
Old 02-14-13, 12:31 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it sounds like they have the BASS turned all the way up on the LC2i. It should be left in the center and tuned from there..

..or just look for yourself. Pop the plastic tray out on the passengers side that covers the amp and look.
Old 02-14-13, 04:11 PM
ms2619
Lead Lap

hard to tell but you can see the arrows are down haha hard to capture a photo with the amp's options faced toward the wall of the trunk and its drilled down
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Box from Concept Enclosures Review-imag0174.jpg  
Old 08-13-13, 04:58 PM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to bring this thread back from the dead but.......

I just ordered my box. I was thoroughly impressed with the information provided by the seller, and his responses were professional and clear. I had a few specific requests and he had no problem accommodating, I didn't want super deep base, I was looking for the cleanest sound with a little bit of thump, so he is creating a sealed box that is about 1.75 cubic feet.

He said it would only be a 2 day turn around, and would provide shipping information as soon as it goes out. Like I said, so far, thumbs up and I cant wait to get the box and install it in my IS.
Old 04-29-18, 10:20 AM
Hamiltonp1
Driver School Candidate

Default Audio setup

I have an 07 ls460 base model without nav and without mark l audio just the premium bade audio fact sub and amp. I used a stinger step down tagged off the back of my rear factory sub and i used both voice coils and i grounded it even though you dont really need to. The lc2i loc is good but its not necessary on this vehicle. We sell them at kens car tunes where i am a technician and those are made for the newer vehicles bc when you raise the volumn on the factory audio it keeps the bass the same past like 20 and only raises the midbass and anything over like 120 hz. My ls460 has a jl w7 10 inch woofer in a audio enhancer prefab slot ported single ten box. Ive got a marine jl 600.1 amp pushing it but its only running 500 watts bc its sibgle 3 ohm abd theres no way for me to lower ohm load to get the full 600 rms from the amp. But its still slammin. I keep my little trap door open behind the rear armrest to get airflow bc lexuses are so sealed that its hard to hear the bass if you dont leave it open. Also under the rear deck carpet where the factory sub is there is a plastic box next to the sub thats covering up a square cutout from the factory so i removed that for more airflow. Its probably there for the mark levinson audio crossover networks or something. Anyways go ahead and get the lc2i and use both voicecoils off factory sub. Youll have a accubass, bass, and main settings ***** to control all three seperately. The main output is for mids and highs so it wont be used. Also the have signal sensing so a remote turn on is not necessary but you can use the remote output off of it to turn on your sub amp. If you want. But i would tune it to 80 hz depending on what you have your doorspeakers tuned at. The accubass setting is to offset the factory signal dampening that keeps your midbass speakers from getting to much bass which my lexus does not have. And to be honest all the ones ive installed havent really done what they were made to do. But it still gives you more control over your input so its up to you. Now dont make the mistake of getting an amp kit that is copper clad aluminum bc it is terrible and can catch fire but you already said you were getting an 8 guage stinger kit which is the best you can buy so your good there. And you dont need 4 gauge unless your running like a 1000 watt amp. Anything like 600 and below is good on 8 guage just make sure your power wire fuse is rated the same as the amp fuse and get a good ground. I used a factory ground bolt on my car that had factory wires ground to it. Anyways hope this helps. Oh and youll be able to control bass output off of your head unit since your doing a stepdown so no real need for a bass **** unless you just want one. Let me know if you have any questions i work on this stuff everyday at kens in mobile al.
Old 04-29-18, 10:28 AM
Hamiltonp1
Driver School Candidate

hard to tell but you can see the arrows are down haha hard to capture a photo with the amp's options faced toward the wall of the trunk and its drilled down
hey turn that low pass filter to 80 hz and move your slope over to 24 db if its negative 24 db. You should be playing at 80 hz and the slope means how far past 80 hz it will go bc theres always some spill over unless you have a very exspensive crossover that can completely stop it from going over 80.
Old 10-09-19, 06:39 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I’m actually going to this guys house/business and he’s custom building me a box for the 4th Gen GS. Talk about service.