IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ex is350 owner, returning to clublexus to say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 06:38 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ex is350 owner, returning to clublexus to say hi!

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since i've been on the boards. I leased a 2007 IS350 when it was new and was on these boards every single day. It was my first car. Since the lease ended in Dec. 2009 I haven't really been back on here much.

I'm sad to see that AsianGirl has passed away as that is a HUGE shock. I've always spoken to her at meets back in the day and she was always so nice. What about all the other guys? javy? pocky? projectdna? Jay? any of you guys still around? Just wanted to catch up with everyone and check the scene out. It looks like there's much more modded ISX50's around nowadays, I haven't had my car since wheels with lips were in style but here's a pic for ya'll anyways:

Not that amazing anymore by 2012 standards i'm sure. But i thought it would be quite interesting to see how the IS scene has changed from the beginning of the 2nd generation until now (end of the line). How are your IS' holding up? Mine had 39k when I returned it back from the lease. I always wondered how that car would be had I kept it until present day. Anyways, just wanted to see how you all were doing. Not your everyday post i'm sure.
Old 01-07-13, 06:45 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I think most of the guys you mentioned have parted out javy and projectdna (he's in a new lexus toy tho), pocky haven't seen on here in forever and I'm unfamiliar with jay.

Replica kits and the car becoming cheaper has made it cheaper to mod and brought a lot more moders into the 2IS scene for sure. Besides carbon build up on some 250's, seems as tho most cars still run great.

Glad to see someone returning to check in, this community has always been pretty great.

Ps: I still refuse to jump on the concave bandwagon, lips ftw!
Old 01-07-13, 07:14 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember you. What car do you own now?

My car is almost 6 years old, 74k miles, and no major problems.
Old 01-07-13, 08:58 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I think most of the guys you mentioned have parted out javy and projectdna (he's in a new lexus toy tho), pocky haven't seen on here in forever and I'm unfamiliar with jay.

Replica kits and the car becoming cheaper has made it cheaper to mod and brought a lot more moders into the 2IS scene for sure. Besides carbon build up on some 250's, seems as tho most cars still run great.

Glad to see someone returning to check in, this community has always been pretty great.

Ps: I still refuse to jump on the concave bandwagon, lips ftw!
Wow, sad to see everyone leave the 2IS community. Is javy still a moderator on here? I remember I gave him an IS-F shift **** for free LOL. I wanna ask him what he did with it.

Not gonna lie though, i think the whole concave thing isn't such a bad look

Originally Posted by Rash
I remember you. What car do you own now?

My car is almost 6 years old, 74k miles, and no major problems.
That's great to hear! I think I remember seeing the car in the sig? Did you change usernames by any chance?

After my lease ended the economy completely TANKED at that point and time. I didnt want to lease another car so I ended up buying one and I've had the same car ever since. I don't regret that decision one bit, especially now that I no longer owe the bank any money. I will admit though, that GS450h with matte bamboo trim is kinda calling my name.

Here she is:

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 01-07-13 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-07-13, 09:54 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i will be blunt... this forum is slowly turning into crap. seems like the "search" function does not apply to the majority of new comers.
Old 01-07-13, 10:05 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The forum isn't crap, it's just that the forum you once knew has evolved. Many old members are gone and you can only see the same 2IS with INGS/Vertex and huge lipped wheels so many times (no offense to anyone!) It's why I don't frequent the forum anymore... it feels redundant. When the old members part out and go away, new people have to be the successors!

Our cars have become more affordable, so many car "newbs" (I hate that word) are now showing up. This forum is still a great source of information and it's a wonderful community that fosters growth. It's just that the new growth is here They'll eventually get the hang of it. We were all newcomers at some point.
Old 01-07-13, 10:11 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice of you to check in. Yeah, all those OG's are all gone. There was an OG thread but I coldn't remember it. More come to the scene like myself but find myself drifting away at times.
Old 01-08-13, 01:07 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karasha
The forum isn't crap, it's just that the forum you once knew has evolved. Many old members are gone and you can only see the same 2IS with INGS/Vertex and huge lipped wheels so many times (no offense to anyone!) It's why I don't frequent the forum anymore... it feels redundant. When the old members part out and go away, new people have to be the successors!

Our cars have become more affordable, so many car "newbs" (I hate that word) are now showing up. This forum is still a great source of information and it's a wonderful community that fosters growth. It's just that the new growth is here They'll eventually get the hang of it. We were all newcomers at some point.
Very nicely put, couldn't have explained it anymore better.

And welcome back IS_Niice, CL is always a great place to hang out. After 3 years of membership here I still check this place out everyday at least 10x throughout the day. I admit some stuff gets repetitive so i post alot less but it's not like I have anything else better to do lol.
Old 01-08-13, 01:24 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
That's great to hear! I think I remember seeing the car in the sig? Did you change usernames by any chance?
I was Rashoodz, my car was stock.

Nice car.
Old 01-08-13, 04:41 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

new member to the 2IS (joined 2012) but club Lexus memeber since 2007 when i had my 2GS. Thanks for chiming in on us...the forum on a whole have changed a bit, some for the better and some for not so good...but like life everything has changes which can be altered. I'm loving the look of the BMW and look like she is in good hands.