IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why I take my car to Lexus for Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 02:39 PM
Machog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I take my car to Lexus for Service

I know I can get a cheaper oil change and save a few $$$s by going to Quick Lube or a Toyota dealer for routine service etc.

Today was a prime example of why I take my car to Lexus for all service. While there they checked the battery, not quite 2.5 years old and it was almost toast-got brand new one under warranty. Never have thought a battery would go bad in such a short time, or even considered having it tested.

Plus Bell Lexus (Scottsdale AZ), did it all in about an hour and for less than quoted. I get uninterrupted time on the web, cookies, coffee. For me its all part of the Lexus experience and worth the little extra.

No affiliation with BL, but they try hard and do a great job in my book.

Machog
Old 01-04-13, 02:47 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I agree. I used to got to Bell Lexus when I lived in AZ. I also tried Arrowhead Lexus, but they were too pushy. They were alway trying to get you to buy extra, un-needed service items.
Old 01-04-13, 03:04 PM
br3akenout
Pole Position

If the dealership is good and doesn't try to take you for everything you've got then i'll go. Otherwise I steer clear unless I know it's a warranty or recall repair.
Old 01-04-13, 03:12 PM
configt
Rookie

I am a big fan of superstition springs lexus. I take my 350 there for anything I don't do myself. Always a great job, although you pay a premium.
Old 01-04-13, 03:26 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I have money to burn, maybe I'll consider it.
Old 01-04-13, 04:38 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just waiting for I8ABMR to chime in. Should be anytime now....
Old 01-04-13, 04:52 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Just waiting for I8ABMR to chime in. Should be anytime now....
My thoughts exactly lol
Old 01-04-13, 05:08 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Honestly if I didn't have to I would never bring my F back to the dealership. Brand new 2012, took it in for the first 1k service a while ago and complained about a leak, they couldn't find a problem, well its now Jan and the leak has gotten worse, I have a bad moisture problem in the car with the smell of mildew and left several voice mails with my service adviser, never got a call back and when I called the service department after growing frustrated was told they couldn't even look at it till Wed next week at the earliest, for spending over 60k there I am not happy.
Old 01-04-13, 05:16 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Honestly if I didn't have to I would never bring my F back to the dealership. Brand new 2012, took it in for the first 1k service a while ago and complained about a leak, they couldn't find a problem, well its now Jan and the leak has gotten worse, I have a bad moisture problem in the car with the smell of mildew and left several voice mails with my service adviser, never got a call back and when I called the service department after growing frustrated was told they couldn't even look at it till Wed next week at the earliest, for spending over 60k there I am not happy.
Sounds like your dealership sucks, try another one
Old 01-04-13, 05:19 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aw04lfan
Sounds like your dealership sucks, try another one
+1 or start calling Corp..
Old 01-04-13, 06:07 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

I do all of my own repairs and service, unless it were to be an internal engine or transmission issue. And for the record, am I the only one that noticed that TimboIS has a f-ing McLaren 12c in his garage? 0-60 in 3.3 with a top speed of 205! Dude! VERY nice. I drive the Honda as my "beater" and you drive a Lexus as yours........ You are the man!
Old 01-04-13, 06:11 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Slammer1
I do all of my own repairs and service, unless it were to be an internal engine or transmission issue. And for the record, am I the only one that noticed that TimboIS has a f-ing McLaren 12c in his garage? 0-60 in 3.3 with a top speed of 205! Dude! VERY nice. I drive the Honda as my "beater" and you drive a Lexus as yours........ You are the man!
Actually 2.9s with Corsas. But I've only managed 3.1s myself.
Old 01-04-13, 06:17 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

You suck! And I thought I was jealous with the 3.3....... Lol. Do you find driving a mid engine car tricky? I have heard that they are significantly better in regards to handling when driven by a pro but not something that a regular driver can jump in and handle properly.
Old 01-04-13, 06:43 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Slammer1
You suck! And I thought I was jealous with the 3.3....... Lol. Do you find driving a mid engine car tricky? I have heard that they are significantly better in regards to handling when driven by a pro but not something that a regular driver can jump in and handle properly.
The 12C is so well balanced, and so technologically advanced, it can be driven by anyone... everyday. I usually leave in Auto mode, and I've never fully turned off all the "aids" (don't think I ever would), as 616hp could get you into trouble quickly. With 3 independent settings (normal, sport and track) for each of suspension, engine and Auto/Manual mode, you can mix and match to suit your mood. And launch control is awesome: just press the Launch button and follow the display instructions: fully depress brake and gas pedals, engine locks on 3K, turbos spool up, then release brake (and hold on).
Old 01-04-13, 06:51 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

God that sounds like fun!

Quick Reply: Why I take my car to Lexus for Service