Aaaarggg Can't decide

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 09:20 AM
tin369
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aaaarggg Can't decide

Ok....feel so confused.

I want to but a new car, help needed with this first then we will go in to model decision.

Should I buy or Lease, I think I am the kind of person who want a new car every 3-4 years. Is it ok even though that i want to get a new car every 3-4 years should I buy and trade it after 3 years for a new car or in these scenarios lease is better.

Is it always a bad financial decision to lease?

I already have a bmw 3 series, my wife drives it and I get to drive it during the weekend. I love teh feedback and how it handles. What I don't like is the seats are not soft, the leather is not soft, it does not look inside as luxurious.

With the Lexus the interiors screams luxury and I love the soft leathers and comfy seats, Please inform me if I am wrong in this area.

Now which car? I drive a rav4 v6 and have a long commute? Should I get a ES300h (no fun)
the IS250 feels underpowered the IS350 with the cost is more than ES 300h and I feel like its a waste fo money buying the IS350 when you can get a bigger car fro less.

I also have flip floped over the idea or an Acura TSX or TL. Don't like the look of TL and the TSX what I have heard will be discontinued at the end its an Acura not a luxury brand as Lexus.

Might as well get a new Accord for less dollars.

I also want a car which has a comfortable ride for my long commute and is relaible and with good milage.

Please give me some suggestion so I can make a good decision.
Old 10-29-12, 09:34 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tin369
Ok....feel so confused.

I want to but a new car, help needed with this first then we will go in to model decision.

Should I buy or Lease, I think I am the kind of person who want a new car every 3-4 years. Is it ok even though that i want to get a new car every 3-4 years should I buy and trade it after 3 years for a new car or in these scenarios lease is better.

I already have a bmw 3 series, my wife drives it and I get to drive it during the weekend. I love teh feedback and how it handles. What I don't like is the seats are not soft, the leather is not soft, it does not look inside as luxurious.

With the Lexus the interiors screams luxury and I love the soft leathers and comfy seats, Please inform me if I am wrong in this area.

Now which car? I drive a rav4 v6 and have a long commute? Should I get a ES300h (no fun)
the IS250 feels underpowered the IS350 with the cost is more than ES 300h and I feel like its a waste fo money buying the IS350 when you can get a bigger car fro less.

I also have flip floped over the idea or an Acura TSX or TL. Don't like the look of TL and the TSX what I have heard will be discontinued at the end its an Acura not a luxury brand as Lexus.

I also want a car which has a comfortable ride for my long commute and is relaible and with good milage.
If you want to drive a new car every few years then you should lease IMO.

Our cars interior is far superior in terns of luxury compared to BMW IMO as well. It doesnt handle as well as the Beamer stock, but sway bars and lowering will take care of that.

If you decide on a IS, make sure you test drive both a 250 and 350 because you cant modify our cars for power so be sure you know how much power you want.

Of course your going to get biased answers in a Lexus forum, but I personally dont like Acura. FWD = and they are not as nice as Lexus cars.

Reliability and Lexus go hand in hand, plus your looking at cheaper repairs than a BMW. You also wont have an issue with MPG, both the 250 and 350 can get high 20s easily
Old 10-29-12, 10:04 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tin369
Ok....feel so confused.

That's really up to you....if you have money to throw around then lease and change every 3-4 years...you don't have to worry about doing good maintenance or detailing, etc.

If however you're like most of us here and baby your car (use best oil, weekly wash, polish & wax, etc.) then you can buy and trade-in or sell after few years.

This question is hard to really answer it depends on a lot of personal factors

When I got my IS250 AWD, the lease rate was lower than the finance rate, so no.

BMW and luxury doesn't go well together, they've never been able to compete with Lexus, Audi, Benz in terms of "luxury and comfort". However, they pickup in performance and handling. I love BMW steering wheel, and their handling is great. But for an all-around vehicle I went with Lexus

In this class/segment, the IS probably has the best quality interior you can find. Real leather seats, and the overall luxury feel is very high. I've tried A4, A5, Benz C, 3 series and none of them can match up to the IS in terms of interior. However, what I don't like about IS interior is the fact that it's a little small. My next favourite interior quality would be the Infiniti G.

Bigger isn't always better. ES and IS are completely different cars. If you want to be a family man, get the ES (more roomy and hence should be more comfy, better gas mileage, better for the family overall). But if you want any excitement go for the IS. The IS is complete Lexus inside out. ES is based on Camry.

TSX is an OKAY vehicle. When it first came out I thought it was great. However second gen wasn't so. The I4 was WAY underpowered for the newer, bigger, heavier body. Then came the 3.5L V6......which is WAY underpowered compared to IS350, G35/G37, 335i. I have an RDX at home and although I like the sporty look of the interior, it still somewhat feels "cheap" and seats aren't as nearly as comfortable. Not to mention the extremely light steering. As for TL...I have nothing good to say about it after the 4th gen came out. Big disappointment and NOTHING compared to the 3rd gen which I thought was great (didn't feel like a FWD at all). The 4th+ gen feels like a van...huge, poor handling, and too "floaty" like you're driving on clouds. Not to mention the interior is like a duplicate of the one of the older Accord models.

IS is very comfortable. I'm 6' and I'm doing fine. As long as nobody sits behind me that is :P
I've taken it on long commutes and much better compared to the bigger, better-positioned seating, roomier RDX. After 2 hours my lower back hurt from the rock-hard Acura "sport seats". IS250 RWD has best mileage within competitors. IS250 AWD obviously has more but if winter is not a big issue go for IS350 RWD which is about same mileage as a 250 AWD.

Not to mention how reliable Lexus are.
Old 10-29-12, 10:30 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ made some good statement which I agree with...we are going to be biased and say Lexus of course but honestly based on your options if you are looking for luxury,comfort, descent mpg , along with some horsepower then go IS350 and thats only because you want speed other wise IS250 is a perfect car, luxury gas looks and very reliable....

as far as leasing I'm sure you can get great deals especially in December year end sales event so you can consider that seeing that you only want it for 3 years ....
Old 10-29-12, 12:56 PM
tin369
Rookie

thanks for your response, if I go with the IS250, I will definatley wait for the new model to come out next summer.

As much as I like the GS350, its too pricey, the middle ground is es300h but no fun....

Well i have to go and test drive and see how I feel.

As far as test drive, in what order should I test drive

IS250
IS350
ES300h
Old 10-29-12, 01:17 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Go with the ES,250 then save the 350 for last. Go from least fav to the best
Old 10-29-12, 01:27 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a good plan ^^
Old 10-29-12, 02:17 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

long commute? want mpg? maybe you should check out CT200h?

Last edited by kickin8; 10-29-12 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 02:25 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are literally all over the place. I Would buy a nice, decent mileage used vehicle and resell 3-4 years. Leasing would/would not be a hood option based on the lease term, residual and offer.
Old 10-29-12, 03:23 PM
212LeX
Rookie

Test drive the 350 first, 250 second, the ES300h third., then go back to 350 to see whats your style