IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Decided to throw a sub in

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-12, 10:52 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided to throw a sub in

Guys quick question, probably answered million of times so im ready to be flammed. I finally decided to put a sub in, since the 2is trunk is pretty useless (no folding seats ((( ) how are you guys hooking up the amp to recieve a signal? Are you using the JL Cleansweep type of deal or what?
Also how bad do the 2IS trunks rattle with a sub in.. im planning to throw in 1 12" Kappa Perfect.
Old 10-23-12, 11:38 AM
TravyTrav
Pole Position

I have 2 1'5s in my trunk. The only part that rattles on the outside is the metal gas cover. On the inside the rear deck rattles a little but its not too annoying for me to fix it. I had a shop install mine.
Old 10-23-12, 12:12 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

there was a huge thread on here where everyone posted their set ups. I can't seem to find it at the moment. I have a alpine type x 12 in mine. I don't really hear much rattle but I don't blast my music like I'm deaf or ghetto either
Old 10-23-12, 12:40 PM
mixa86
Pole Position

How are your amp's getting signal from the headunit? I want to use the factory ML system. I know JL Cleansweep works, but i would think there are other solutions to how to have it working with the stocking unit.
Old 10-23-12, 01:02 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

Do a search there's a thread like 15 pages documenting how its. Done and its tapping into the existing wires in the car near the stock amp. Using scoshe line out converter. I believe you search amp install and it'll come up

My whole trunk is stinger matted and nothing rattles until high volume an even then it's pretty good.
Old 10-23-12, 01:06 PM
TravyTrav
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
there was a huge thread on here where everyone posted their set ups. I can't seem to find it at the moment. I have a alpine type x 12 in mine. I don't really hear much rattle but I don't blast my music like I'm deaf or ghetto either
I didn't know playing your music loud makes you ghetto.
Old 10-23-12, 01:25 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

20 seconds of my time. And it was like i said.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html

Stop asking dumb questions everything in that thread should answer everything you need. Lol jp but the thread should explain it all
Old 10-23-12, 02:09 PM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Likwid XTC

Stop asking dumb questions everything in that thread should answer everything you need. Lol jp but the thread should explain it all
Old 10-23-12, 02:18 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Likwid XTC

Not that thread. There was a thread where every member posted their audio set up.
Old 10-23-12, 03:23 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

Damn folks. Same search "amp install"

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...our-setup.html

The thread with members setup. Lol. I only know cause when I was doing my system I did a search and it all came up on the first page.
Old 10-23-12, 06:38 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by TravyTrav
I didn't know playing your music loud makes you ghetto.
I think he was saying that cars with horrible stereo installs so annoying that causes every panel of the car to rattle outside is ghetto...that's how I read it.
Old 10-23-12, 07:19 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my setup. 1 12" JL W7. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...with-pics.html
Old 10-23-12, 07:23 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gville350
I think he was saying that cars with horrible stereo installs so annoying that causes every panel of the car to rattle outside is ghetto...that's how I read it.
Yep. I dont even turn my volume pass 40. Bit usually i have it set at 25
Old 10-23-12, 08:32 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i used to use a hi to low converter but then i decided to upgrade my interior speakers and it sounded horrible with the stock radio. So i bought a pioneer radio my god what a difference with my 1200 watt 4 channel amp for my 6inch mids speaker 1inch dome tweeters and 2 kicker L7 with a 1000 watt amp 0 gauge wire my system sounds clear and amazing. Im not going to lie installation with the stock wires knowing what speaker came from the stock amp was crazy. With all this being said lol a hi to low would work fine but the bass won't sound as clear as an aftermarket radio. with 1 12 speaker it shouldn't rattle as much. I kept the pioneer in my glove compartment clean install. Dude i see you're from NJ you should check my system out its nice but simple i'll check my car tomorrow to see if i still have my hi to low converter if i do i'll give it to you.
Old 10-23-12, 09:08 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

i want throw in the sub too. 1 12'' and amp.i want to know this is the best way to do.i never install audio in my life.im gonna let the audio shop do it.what should i tell them.
This is from memeber tt061880
After a few days of testing different approach to get the signals. I have decided that the Scosche 4channel LOC is the best bang for the buck, screw the cleansweep and AudioControl. Two channel LOC would work but 4 channel works better, here are the reasons why.

The ML amp put a lot of power into the sub, I know this for a fact because when I switching the input the signals from the sub and the front door woofer, I noticed that the sub signal is significantly higher. If you have a 2 channel LOC, you can use one for the sub and one for the front door woofer. You must then adjust the input level from the stock sub lower to match with the front woofer.

I also tested the signals from the two front woofers, they carry a lot of midbass. If you have signal from either one of the front woofer, the signal is only half compare to using both(I achieved this by using a Y RCA cable).

The best solution I found is SUM up the two front woofer to one channel and the subwoofer on a channel by itself. By doing it this way, the setup sounds SO MUCH better than before. I can actually listen to the lows without getting a headache like it was before

Also, although the wires going into the rear door is full range, the ML amp barely send any wattages in there. It isn't worth getting the signal from the rear speakers so you can can ignore it.

Last edited by vboi4life; 10-23-12 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Decided to throw a sub in