IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather

Old 09-28-12, 05:43 PM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather

Hi everyone, got a question about the Lexus IS. I know for sure I want the Starfire Pearl exterior, but am torn on the interior color. I think the ecru is absolutely beautiful with the brown wood panel but the salesman told me that if I wear denim then it would rub off. The black looks sleek but may be a little too black for me - but maybe the contrast of black and white looks good? Can I get everyone's opinions on the pros and cons for ecru v. black leather on the starfire pearl exterior? Thanks for your input.

Also, don't know if it matters but I am a female in late 20s. Do you think the black is too "manly"?
Old 09-28-12, 06:14 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I like the black interior personaly.
Old 09-28-12, 06:24 PM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Do you think it's because you're a guy? In my experience, most guys like black. Do you think the ecru is better for a female driver?
Old 09-28-12, 08:04 PM
Adam350is
Pole Position

I like the black. i have a starfire pearl with black interior. had cherry wood trimmings as well. was a nice combo. I do think the ecru is more feminine (no offense to males who have it). If its bought think about resell too maybe

I think you should do the ECU with Blk metallic finish. looks good
Old 09-28-12, 08:08 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

black interior here, looks more sporty to me. Plus easier to keep clean. I personally am not a tan of the ecru.
Old 09-28-12, 08:08 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ercu interior.. listen to your saleman seriously lol
Ercu may seem nice when is new or cleaned but.. it gets dirty like a black car. Meaning you can see all the imperfections. So difficult to get it cleaned too. My opinion if I was you.. get BLACK!
Old 09-28-12, 08:36 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My SFP 350 has the black interior with greyish maple. I wouldn't have it any other way. The ecru with red maple looks like something you'll find on a Lincoln Towncar, not a sport sedan.

Also, like everyone has stated, ecru will get dirty very quickly.....even if you believe your clothes are clean.
Old 09-28-12, 08:49 PM
cbishop11
Driver School Candidate

I actually like the ecru. Wish my car had it. I think it looks classy. But you dont see many cars with it. Not sure if you have thought about this, but an ecru interior may be harder to resell later if you dont keep the car forever. I think the ecru is a very personal touch that only a few people like.
Old 09-28-12, 10:45 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Black=sporty. Ecru=luxury. That is how I look at it and I think most dealerships look at it that way too when it comes to ordering cars. I've owned both over the years and each are nice on their own accounts.
Old 09-29-12, 08:31 AM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

I feel like I heard someone mentioning something about lower resale value with the ecru... Is it because less people prefer it or because it gets dirty faster?

I think ecru is classic and beautiful while black is sleek and modern. Honestly, I like the look of the ecru better but maybe it's time to be practical and go with the black. I know for other cars like the A4 and the G37 the white with black interior looks much better but on the IS, the ecru is just so pretty!

Thanks for your responses so far. They are helpful.
Old 09-29-12, 08:43 AM
Machog
Driver

I have Starfire Pearl with Alabaster.

It does need a wipe down every so often to keep it clean. We had a silver BMW vert with black leather, before the IS and it looked great, but living in AZ the black leather got way too hot.

My decision was based not just on looks, but where I was living, hot climate, lighter leather.

Machog
Old 09-29-12, 09:21 AM
badbwoy876
Driver School Candidate

I'm personally not a fan of ecru. I like black and my car is has the light gray interior with the gray birds eye maple. I love the contrast of light against dark.
Old 09-29-12, 09:39 AM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Adam350is
I like the black. i have a starfire pearl with black interior. had cherry wood trimmings as well. was a nice combo. I do think the ecru is more feminine (no offense to males who have it). If its bought think about resell too maybe

I think you should do the ECU with Blk metallic finish. looks good
If the ecru is feminine, is the black masculine?
Old 09-29-12, 10:26 AM
Adam350is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cat
If the ecru is feminine, is the black masculine?
People made some good points. I think so. But just get which ever color combo you would like best the ECRU is going to look good and clean for the first month maybe then get dirty. and upkeep of it will be a lot more than the black. I enjoy looking at the ecru. but i went with the black.
Old 09-29-12, 11:42 AM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Ahhhh do I go with aesthetics or practicality? I'm honestly leaning toward the black interior now. Is it still sexy for a female to drive with the black interior? Lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather