DIY - How to install a S4play Diffuser - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


DIY - How to install a S4play Diffuser

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-12, 07:23 PM   #16
scorpionge
Lead Lap
iTrader: (17)
 
scorpionge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 528
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice Thread!!!
scorpionge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 06:06 PM   #17
lexneffect
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great info! thumbs up
lexneffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 08:36 AM   #18
Defratos
Lexus Test Driver
 
Defratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: On a sand dune
Posts: 1,101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Guys can't I install the s4play diffuser with some 3M double sided tape? like this --->
Automotive Tape 3M Acrylic Plus Double Sided Attachment Tape OEM 3M part # 3M 06384 (Listed by Mystarsound.com): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Automotive Tape 3M Acrylic Plus Double Sided Attachment Tape OEM 3M part # 3M 06384 (Listed by Mystarsound.com): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific


I'm sure it'll be enough to hold it in place, rather than doing all this screwing?

I have my front bumper held on with this stuff and it hasn't moved at all during the past year of driving.
Defratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 10:02 AM   #19
s4play
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^ We highly suggest you do NOT use only tape.

Any cosmetic piece that is mounted against gravity (aka, upside down underneath the car should not use just tape). Tape weakens with age, heat, moisture and you don't want the piece flying off!

For the diffuser, the screws are there to give the piece a secure fit. The tape is optional but we rarely if ever use the tape during installation.

Hope this helps! You can PM me with any questions.
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 08:53 AM   #20
s4play
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There is now a carbon fiber version of the diffuser available!

s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 12:42 PM   #21
10lexISR6
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
10lexISR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sub scribed!
10lexISR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 02:45 PM   #22
s4play
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Looking good!
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 12:58 AM   #23
isfvss
Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK old tread but is there a difference between the IS350 and ISF with these diffusers the black IS has 5 fins and the other 7, is the carbon fibre look worth the extra $$$ cheers.
isfvss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 10:42 AM   #24
SeanO
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
SeanO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Love the look of this diffuser.. nice and subtle which I like.. some of the others diffusers add too much bulk to the rear end of the car and take away from the "clean" look that I love about the 2IS

S4play are you selling these diffusers? this could be a project for me over the winter while the car sits in the garage
SeanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 11:49 AM   #25
10lexISR6
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
10lexISR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
Love the look of this diffuser.. nice and subtle which I like.. some of the others diffusers add too much bulk to the rear end of the car and take away from the "clean" look that I love about the 2IS

S4play are you selling these diffusers? this could be a project for me over the winter while the car sits in the garage
Personally I have one and the CF version. You can't tell it's CF unless you get down there and look at it. The only parts you see is the exposed backsides of the fins. The beautiful face of the diffuser in CF is tucked up away under the car and won't be seen. But if you like CF like me and try to keep it subtle then go for it. Otherwise it's a substantial difference in $$ for a little noticeable difference. Im pretty sure the 7 fin will fit the ISF as well. Haven't seen the 5 fin and I don't think S4play offers a 5 fin. Overall as SeanO said, I like it because it's subtleness unlike those my ride overbearing diffusers attaching to the rear bumper. BUt to each their own.




10lexISR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 12:15 PM   #26
SeanO
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
SeanO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the pics and in input!! My thought process what that my car is black and I figured the CF would give it just enough of a color difference to be noticeable.. but like you mentioned the CF is mostly on the bottom so maybe I should just go with black (or blank and then plasti dip it)

You think the CF would stand out a bit against the black car? Good point about it being more expensive tho
SeanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 05:22 PM   #27
10lexISR6
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
10lexISR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
Thanks for the pics and in input!! My thought process what that my car is black and I figured the CF would give it just enough of a color difference to be noticeable.. but like you mentioned the CF is mostly on the bottom so maybe I should just go with black (or blank and then plasti dip it)

You think the CF would stand out a bit against the black car? Good point about it being more expensive tho
I don't think it'll stand put anymore against a black car. I have CF all over my car and even against silver you have to really get up to it to notice it's there. After I installed mine and noticed how not visible the CF was, I kind wish I would have saved some.money and bought a regular black one. Oh yeah, I've also bottomed out my rear twice and scraped some expensive @$$ fins. Lol
10lexISR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 07:28 PM   #28
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
flowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10lexISR6 View Post
Personally I have one and the CF version. You can't tell it's CF unless you get down there and look at it. The only parts you see is the exposed backsides of the fins. The beautiful face of the diffuser in CF is tucked up away under the car and won't be seen. But if you like CF like me and try to keep it subtle then go for it. Otherwise it's a substantial difference in $$ for a little noticeable difference. Im pretty sure the 7 fin will fit the ISF as well. Haven't seen the 5 fin and I don't think S4play offers a 5 fin. Overall as SeanO said, I like it because it's subtleness unlike those my ride overbearing diffusers attaching to the rear bumper. BUt to each their own.
Never see any Lexus before with the Lexus script on the right side of the trunk lid

Lou
flowrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 07:58 PM   #29
10lexISR6
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
10lexISR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
Never see any Lexus before with the Lexus script on the right side of the trunk lid

Lou
Good eye. Yeah I debadged the IS250 and put a Lexus emblem over the holes. The 2011 and up models didn't come with the Lexus badge on the left.
10lexISR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 11:57 AM   #30
s4play
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Beautiful ride, love this shot the most!

[img]80-20160301_142749_172f183a99c890708d25f609c4a55864ccc74d11.jpg[/img]
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY - for an oops moment. Tried to replace cabin air filter without setting to circ. rcJten IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 76 11-11-16 12:13 PM
Need advice on clear bra rcJten IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 6 02-09-13 08:30 PM
AC cabin lid removal isam250 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 6 04-20-12 01:04 AM
LED switch backs installed. rcJten IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 31 02-17-12 11:09 AM
Obligatory photoshoot... rcJten IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 49 09-05-11 04:04 PM


Tags
250, black, corse, diffuser, diy, drl, gfx, is250, is350, lc818, led, lexus, linea, lip, rear, s4play, sold, spiked

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved