IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Dealer Reputation Going Downhill?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12, 05:13 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have dealt over the years with Thompson and Chester Springs in the Philly area--always a good experience.
Old 09-19-12, 08:25 AM
CurryPot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I have been going to Lexus of Seattle and I have always had excellent experience. But the other Lexus dealer in the area (cough cough Lexus Of Belle...), has a different story in my book.
+1

I tried Lexus of Belle... Service a couple times. The first was the LPS at 1,000 miles. When I walked in, no one acknowledged me. I had to "inconvenience" a service adviser who was chatting with a colleague. I got a free ride to the mall which was awesome. Did not have to wait and they picked me up within 10 minutes of calling them. Second attempt was at 5,000 miles. I called and the receptionist transferred me to the service department. The phone rang and rang until it bounced back to the receptionist. This service department has around 10+ cubicles for service advisers and no one picked up? It is a massive dealership and I think it struggles with that personal experience we look for. When I say massive, it has an escalator!

I've always used Lexus of Seattle but thought I would try Belle.... At Lexus of Seattle they have Kevin Murphy who will do whatever it takes to make sure you are taken care of. He needs a bigger desk for all the awards he has on it - I'm not kidding!

It is about the people at the dealer more than the dealer itself.
Old 09-19-12, 08:45 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

I go to Westside Lexus in Houston and have had nothing but a great experience with them. They are always helpful, and even go the extra mile to put a little post it on my windshield saying dropped car/no bumps when I go in for service.

I will say.... Went to Clear Lake Lexus to buy my car, they basically said you can't get USB with the black interior, it usually comes with Alabaster. (white/cream) So I said, it's out there though right? They said yah. I asked if they were gonna help me find it. They're answer, no. You won't find one. Found one the next day in Dallas at Park Place Lexus. They drove it down to my doorstep the next day. Now that is service!
Old 09-19-12, 09:21 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddhleigh
Is Pete your SA or salesperson? I'm looking for someone that'll sell me a 2012 RX 450h with no bs.

Anyone able to recommend someone in sales? Willing to travel as far down south to the SFV and also down to the Vegas area. You might also notice I'm from Canada. So I'll need someone willing to sell to a Canadian for export.
Pete is my SA. My family has purchased 2 cars from Elise Fong at Longo Lexus. I think she's in Internet Sales, but she is great to work with.
Old 09-19-12, 12:01 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NimaM
I have been going to Lexus of Seattle and I have always had excellent experience. But the other Lexus dealer in the area (cough cough Lexus Of Belle...), has a different story in my book.
I overall like the people at LOS. I've only had a couple of problems with individuals at LOS not replying to their e-mails or even calling me back.

The biggest problem I've had with LOB is that the sales representative I got was not very friendly so I ended up buying my car from LOS instead. I've had good experiences with the Parts Manager at LOB though. I would like to go to LOS for service in general but they are really far from where I live compared to LOB.
Old 09-19-12, 12:28 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
I have had pretty bad experience with Keyes Lexus, but I have no idea why I even bother driving 25 miles to there to get things done to my car when I live about 8 miles away from Longo Lexus. Jimmy Thach from Longo Lexus and many other Longo Lexus employees are very helpful and friendly, which some are even CL members. When I need something, they are there to get it done for me and whenever something goes wrong, they do more than enough to make sure I am satisfied with the outcome. I am not sure but I believe you just have to know the right people. It's all places, some employees will give you attitutude, while others will treat you like a king!
Keyes is the worst. I went to Keyes Acura a few years back to buy a TSX and had one of the worst experience there.
Old 09-19-12, 12:45 PM
vangis350
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My IS350 hardly sees the dealership but one of the few times it did I had a CD go missing. Besides that one time I have nothing else to complain about.
Old 09-19-12, 01:06 PM
Machog
Driver

After a bumpy start, just had some great follow up from Bell Lexus in Scottsdale.

Definitely renewed my faith is my local Lexus dealer, I'm going to work on a good relationship with my service guy as suggested in an earlier post. They have earned my business.

Machog
Old 09-19-12, 02:53 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CurryPot
+1

I tried Lexus of Belle... Service a couple times. The first was the LPS at 1,000 miles. When I walked in, no one acknowledged me. I had to "inconvenience" a service adviser who was chatting with a colleague. I got a free ride to the mall which was awesome. Did not have to wait and they picked me up within 10 minutes of calling them. Second attempt was at 5,000 miles. I called and the receptionist transferred me to the service department. The phone rang and rang until it bounced back to the receptionist. This service department has around 10+ cubicles for service advisers and no one picked up? It is a massive dealership and I think it struggles with that personal experience we look for. When I say massive, it has an escalator!

I've always used Lexus of Seattle but thought I would try Belle.... At Lexus of Seattle they have Kevin Murphy who will do whatever it takes to make sure you are taken care of. He needs a bigger desk for all the awards he has on it - I'm not kidding!

It is about the people at the dealer more than the dealer itself.

+1 on Kevin Murphy at Lexus of Seattle. He goes beyond expectation to take care of his clients.
Old 09-19-12, 03:32 PM
ceqielexie
Driver School Candidate

Most dealers are reasonable, you just have to level with them. I own an '06 second hand, and recently had an issue with the engine burning massive amounts of oil, rough idle, and cam gears issue. I have to remind you that i am out of warranty, story short the dealer replaced my short block, all 24 valves and springs, cam gears, cylinder heads, the whole nine free of charge. They logged it was being unsafe, they didnt have to because I was out of warranty. A week later i went back with a blown 12v fuse, they checked it out replaced it free of charge. I'm happy with my dealer

Go Ken Shaw Lexus!!