IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Carbon Build up CSP

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 08:39 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday night I was driving around Westminster area and my car suddenly started idling funny as soon as I came up to a light. Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with the VSC, check engine and traction control light. Drove it back home like that and the lights were still there this morning. Seems like another case of the engine misfire...

Took my baby into Longo Lexus as Graso had suggested. Right off the bat I could tell the overall difference in customer service. I dropped off my car this morning and he is going to get the process started so I can get the overhaul situation taken care of asap. He hooked me up with a Lexus loaner car as well (ct200h). This thing gets like a million miles per gallon.

I'll report back as soon as I hear an update from Mr. Wong, I would highly recommend him for anyone else looking to get their Lexus serviced.
Old 08-13-13, 03:47 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Well that was fast!

Just got a call from my service adviser and he had great news for me. My engine overhaul got approved and it's going to get done right away. Should have the car back within 1 1/2- 2 weeks and they're possibly going to install my new SPC front camber kit
Old 08-16-13, 10:25 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Taking My IS in for the Recall

My service advisor from Lexus Escondido called me last week. After waiting since January, they are ready to repair my vehicle. I'm taking it in on this Monday, and he told me that they will have my car for about 4-5 days. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-17-13, 07:08 PM
Ca1vN
Driver

thanks killasis250 for the reply! just went back yesterday to get an oil change and asked them to look at it, they said everything was fine.
Old 08-21-13, 02:34 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

I'm picking up my car today! It's been at Longo Lexus for a little over a week. I'll post back tomorrow with some feedback on how the car feels.

Is there a recommended way of breaking in the engine for the first couple hundred miles that I drive the car?

Thanks
Old 08-21-13, 08:14 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I "broke it in" by driving spiritedly for the first couple hundred miles. Don't stay at constant speeds/rpm on the freeway, but don't go WOT either. I kept it below 3500 rpm just to be safe.
Old 08-22-13, 11:59 AM
babee869
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone had the carbon buildup issue after the pistons were replaced? I had my pistons replaced last year. I've noticed about a handful of times now that my car is starting to shake after i come to a stop. It doesn't shake as hard as before and maybe not as often, but I think the issue is coming back.
Old 08-22-13, 04:57 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

I've driven the car for about 65 miles so far and it feels great! throttle response is nice and quick, took it up to 120 last night on the fwy and she felt really solid. no funny noises or anything. I'm keeping the rpm's in the low to mid range. I won't redline it until I at least pass the 1k mile mark which is when I plan on doing my first oil change.
Old 08-23-13, 02:46 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

^
Took it up to 120? Trying to keep rpm's low? Won't redline? Goodness gracious, have mercy on your new engine my friend!
Old 08-23-13, 03:02 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
^
Took it up to 120? Trying to keep rpm's low? Won't redline? Goodness gracious, have mercy on your new engine my friend!

At 120 in 6th gear... rpm's are actually not that high.
Old 08-24-13, 04:30 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up my vehicle this afternoon from Lexus of Escondido. I brought it in on Monday afternoon. It was ready within their 5 day promise of having those repairs done. My loaner was the new RX 350.

My SA, Adam, told me that they noticed some leaking from my water pump and that it was replaced at no cost (since my vehicle is still under warranty). I have exactly 85,000 miles on my vehicle, and this was the first time I had my water pump changed.

Since I live about 40 miles from Escondido, I got on the 15 fwy north and hit it all the way home. The first thing that I noticed was that my IS runs a whole heck of a lot smoother. It's quieter, especially when I hit some of those steep hills on the 15 Fwy and by my home. Another thing that I noticed was that it has more power.
Old 08-24-13, 04:49 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Antredd
I just picked up my vehicle this afternoon from Lexus of Escondido. I brought it in on Monday afternoon. It was ready within their 5 day promise of having those repairs done. My loaner was the new RX 350.

My SA, Adam, told me that they noticed some leaking from my water pump and that it was replaced at no cost (since my vehicle is still under warranty). I have exactly 85,000 miles on my vehicle, and this was the first time I had my water pump changed.

Since I live about 40 miles from Escondido, I got on the 15 fwy north and hit it all the way home. The first thing that I noticed was that my IS runs a whole heck of a lot smoother. It's quieter, especially when I hit some of those steep hills on the 15 Fwy and by my home. Another thing that I noticed was that it has more power.
good to see that Lexus took care of it at no cost even tho it was out of warranty.
Old 08-24-13, 06:33 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by babee869
Has anyone had the carbon buildup issue after the pistons were replaced? I had my pistons replaced last year. I've noticed about a handful of times now that my car is starting to shake after i come to a stop. It doesn't shake as hard as before and maybe not as often, but I think the issue is coming back.
There has been reports that even after it has been done still dose the rough idle from time to time I got mine done a few weeks ago pistons, rings, and water pump I took it out today and I felt something not as bad as before but something was there when I made a quick turn and stop. But other then that its been like a new car. Next year I'm trading it back in for a newer one or going back to me Z Fudge it. I have gotten done all 3 major service that our cars are know for wiring air bag harness under the dash, water pump and most recent rough idle.
Old 08-26-13, 05:44 AM
is250gurl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by babee869

Yes, mine has done it too a handful of times since being supposedly fixed last year. Very disappointed in Lexus!!!
Old 08-26-13, 07:48 AM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by is250gurl
Yes, mine has done it too a handful of times since being supposedly fixed last year. Very disappointed in Lexus!!!
what type gas are you running?
after piston replacement etc, I have been running at least 89 octane and have not had any shakes or issues...

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP