IS250 Carbon Build up CSP

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-13, 09:11 AM
NQR89
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blklexo818
keyes keyes keyes, keyes on van nuys
lol. I took my car there and they took me in right away with no problems. Did you have the check engine/check vsc lights come on? and has it ever come on in the past? Does your car exhibit the symptoms?
Old 02-24-13, 01:17 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup. a year ago i was outta the country for two months on vacation..my car was driven once while i was gone for maybe a total of 20 miles. i came back and had to drive my car and all of a sudden the check engine came on w/ vsc..car wouldn't move, felt like it was in limp mode..anyway..at that time lexus of glendale did the fix but now when i come to a stop my rpm drops, feels like the car is ganna turn off and it starts shaking...drive a block and it goes away. i know the problem is still there tho..whatvers fk the dealer.
Old 02-24-13, 01:27 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

i'm just going to let my friend open my engine and replace whatever needs to be done. he worked at keyes lexus for a good 7 years and now he has his shop. luckily for me, my extended warranty isn't by lexus, it's a third party or whatever (i got it when my lease was done, while purchasing my car from keyes) so instead of me paying for the job he'll bill my warranty directly..as i said, fk dealers
Old 02-24-13, 06:26 PM
NQR89
Driver

i'm just going to let my friend open my engine and replace whatever needs to be done. he worked at keyes lexus for a good 7 years and now he has his shop. luckily for me, my extended warranty isn't by lexus, it's a third party or whatever (i got it when my lease was done, while purchasing my car from keyes) so instead of me paying for the job he'll bill my warranty directly..as i said, fk dealers
I see. You said the dealer did the fix, so they actually replaced the piston/rings for the CSP? Or did they just do a top engine clean at the time?
Old 02-24-13, 06:46 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

i believe all they did was clean it. i had taken it back to lexus of glendale again a few months ago but they weren't able to "duplicate it" lol

this service at lexus is pretty annoying i have to admit, they don't believe the customer's word and go off the ecu. in a way i understand but whats going to happen when/if it happens to get worse and im out of warranty? say they didn't have that 9 year extension, most people would've been fawked. it's a 7grand worth of a job, not everyone has 7k sitting around for an engine job.

when i had my 335, i never ran into any issues with the dealer giving me any bull about not being able to do duplicate something or not, they knew what was up and were always down to do the work regardless if the ecu has it stored or not
Old 02-24-13, 06:54 PM
NQR89
Driver

i believe all they did was clean it. i had taken it back to lexus of glendale again a few months ago but they weren't able to "duplicate it" lol

this service at lexus is pretty annoying i have to admit, they don't believe the customer's word and go off the ecu. in a way i understand but whats going to happen when/if it happens to get worse and im out of warranty? say they didn't have that 9 year extension, most people would've been fawked. it's a 7grand worth of a job, not everyone has 7k sitting around for an engine job.

when i had my 335, i never ran into any issues with the dealer giving me any bull about not being able to do duplicate something or not, they knew what was up and were always down to do the work regardless if the ecu has it stored or not
I understand it can be frustrating. Myself, along with a few other members were contemplating about bringing the car in with the fear of them not being able to duplicate the problem. I was lucky however, that they were able to duplicate the problem, but then again I brought it in when I had the light on. I have heard quite a few good things about Longo Lexus in el monte/alhambra. You could possibly give them or call and explain your situation or maybe bring it in to them and try? Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 02-24-13, 08:26 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

I think ill take it back to Keyes. I just drove somewhere and I keep hearing a rattle near 3000k while driving..I made a video of it this time so they don't give any me any bull.

better yet, I hope my engine blows.
Old 02-24-13, 08:29 PM
NQR89
Driver

I think ill take it back to Keyes. I just drove somewhere and I keep hearing a rattle near 3000k while driving..I made a video of it this time so they don't give any me any bull.

better yet, I hope my engine blows.
lol good luck, let us know what they say
Old 02-26-13, 09:41 AM
NQR89
Driver

How long did it take for you guys to get called back in after the problem was diagnosed to get it fixed? I am on my 7th week now
Old 02-26-13, 11:03 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NQR89
How long did it take for you guys to get called back in after the problem was diagnosed to get it fixed? I am on my 7th week now
Some people have said here that their wait is supposed to be more than even a couple of months. Seems like a lot of people are going in for the Carbon Build Up repairs after getting the notices and the factory just cant keep up with the high demand for all the parts.
Old 02-26-13, 04:36 PM
NQR89
Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Some people have said here that their wait is supposed to be more than even a couple of months. Seems like a lot of people are going in for the Carbon Build Up repairs after getting the notices and the factory just cant keep up with the high demand for all the parts.
I see. I was kind of afraid they would forget about me, but I guess that wouldn't be the case since its a way for them to take on a big job and get paid for it. Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer
Old 02-27-13, 10:11 AM
sharper811
Driver School Candidate

My 2006 IS has been burning oil. My SA told me to bring the car back between 1200 and 1500 miles. I picked my car up yesterday and was told it was .5 qt low, which is normal. My work order says they contacted Lexus and were told that unless the oil was over a quart low/1200 miles it is considered normal. So, I called Lexus this morning because burning 1 qt/ 1200 miles is not normal as is suggests that I should expect to put 3 quarts of oil in the car between oil changes. The CSR said that my since my car had over 120K miles this was normal. I had a 1998 GS400 with over 250K miles and I never put oil in it and the light never came on. Does any one have any suggestions for how I get Lexus to fix my car?
Old 02-27-13, 10:50 AM
Token1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Develop the carbon build up missfire asap I would suppose, then for different reasons they would have to go in there and replace the piston rings which are highly likely the reason why you are burning oil. Being an 06 with that many miles I would imagine your intake valves are pretty gunked up already and don't have much further to go.

The Scion tC 4cyl and a lot of other Toyota/Scions that have the same 4 cyl suffer greatly from this issue as well, so much so that they have an oil burning TSB out there, much like the carbon buildup TSB for the IS250. Toyota went too aggressive with the looseness of their rings in hopes of MPGs. Really sucks for us.

For my IS250 I do not plan on getting any more carbon buildup, not because there is a little less blow by with tighter rings, but used a solution a great many that have been in the DI game for longer have been using, a high quality baffled catch can. Those crappy ones on ebay 99% of the time are not baffled. Owning TS, I made a bolt-on kit using a top shelf can supplier I use for all my other can applications. Going to drive the wheels off of this IS250, looking forward to taking the intake manifold off tens of thousands of miles from now and not seeing any buildup.
Old 02-27-13, 11:27 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NQR89
I see. I was kind of afraid they would forget about me, but I guess that wouldn't be the case since its a way for them to take on a big job and get paid for it. Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer
Just keep following up with the service department to make sure they really didn't forget you haha.
Old 02-27-13, 12:07 PM
NQR89
Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Just keep following up with the service department to make sure they really didn't forget you haha.
Yeah, if I don't hear anything from them within the next two weeks I'll give them a call and follow up haha.

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP